Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Although nothing materialized last night, I still think the door is open to acquire Ennis or Bledsoe.
    Well bledsoe is a rfa so nothing can really happen until july 1st with anything that is going to involve him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
      Exactly, besides capoclo, the rest of the guys would become decent role players for playoff teams, but the raptors are stacked with them already
      I completely disagree with this mindset (as well as the belief that we are "stacked" on role players), because the great teams in my basketball watching life have always taken good-great players that fit their system with late picks, where as the bad teams kept swinging for the fences every time. When you swing for the fence everytime sometimes you hit a homerun, but it's usually a solo homerun. You have your core, now get the role players through the draft at position 20, 24, 28, etc.

Lebron's not walking through the door at pick 20, but Kurt Thomas, Boris Diaw, Derek Fisher, Chuck Hayes are...

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
        I think we can perhaps see a bledsoe/ennis for derozan/vasquez swap. Especially if lowry walks or leaves. This is extremely premature and is based on nothing of course

We could swap an All-Star with a top tier back up combo guard for an injury prone combo guard (likely getting overpaid) and an unproven NBA player? that would be a terrible deal.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          There is going to be pressure on this kid unfortunately despite him being selected at 20. 20th picks don't pan out most of the time.. but because he was not an any 'experts' radar, I think people will be ready to watch this guy fail. If Bruno is a bust than everyone will say - told ya so! MU you are an idiot! You could have gotten a rotational piece!

If Bruno is a success (and that's a big if considering nobody knows anything about him) than egg on everyone's face, but I think people will live with that (look at what JV did). People love tearing down things they don't understand.. for some reason that's human nature.

From Bruno's perspective.. good for him. Grew up poor.. only played game for a few years and is already in the NBA at only 18 years of age. That's a pretty cool story.

And this kid is still going to be growing.. Imagine that 6'9 length turning into 6'11 or 7'0? Or his wing span goes from 7'7 to 7'9? The fact that he can shoot is insane too. We might not have a KD but we could have drafted a gem here.

I'm happy about the pick.. still upset we didn't get a PG though. Free agency is going to be a nail biter. Still think Lowry is 60/40 a Raptor. Not confident with that ratio.
          We are going to end up paying threw the nose for a point guard.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            I completely disagree with this mindset (as well as the belief that we are "stacked" on role players), because the great teams in my basketball watching life have always taken good-great players that fit their system with late picks, where as the bad teams kept swinging for the fences every time. When you swing for the fence everytime sometimes you hit a homerun, but it's usually a solo homerun. You have your core, now get the role players through the draft at position 20, 24, 28, etc.

Lebron's not walking through the door at pick 20, but Kurt Thomas, Boris Diaw, Derek Fisher, Chuck Hayes are...
            I think the biggest thing here is that masai doesnt think the raptors can contend with derozan, lowry, and jonas, and frankly i dont think they can either.

Comment

• i love this pick... at that spot i am so happy we swung for the fences and took someone with top potential instead of a stale ncaa guy that doesnt have the same type of feel...

also if you watch some footage it looks like he can really shoot it... he does look like kd when he shoots threes...

im going all in on this guy and im going to say i think he will be a good player and an awesome pick...lets just get him growing asap
              Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                We could swap an All-Star with a top tier back up combo guard for an injury prone combo guard (likely getting overpaid) and an unproven NBA player? that would be a terrible deal.
                Well its a trade that is based on potential. Bledsoe was a big part of a phoenix team that almost made the playoffs in the tough western conference.

Comment

we will see... would you be saying the same thing back when the lakers traded divacs for kobe?... because you know, players like that dont walk thru the door that low in the draft... would you have left tony parker on the board because you wanted to draft a role player in that range?...fwiw (which is not much...) i will take a home run over a single every time...
                  Last edited by aaron.in.toronto; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 11:16 AM.
                  Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

The great teams aren't great because of the role players that they've taken; they're great because of the elite talent at the top end of their roster. Frankly, the players that fill out the bottom end don't really matter. We have very little (if any) elite talent on this roster; this pick was trying (gambling) to address that.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
                      we will see... would you be saying the same thing back when the lakers traded divacs for kobe?... because you know, players like that dont walk thru the door that low in the draft... would you have left tony parker on the board because you wanted to draft a role player in that range?
                      Kobe demanded to not be drafted by other teams, and Parker was drafted as a role player, not a superstar.

I'm not saying this pick will fail (I actually have no idea how he will fair because I know nothing about him), I'm saying I'm against the mentality of going high risk-high reward with late picks when our team has a lot of immediate needs.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        The great teams aren't great because of the role players that they've taken; they're great because of the elite talent at the top end of their roster. Frankly, the players that fill out the bottom end don't really matter. We have very little (if any) elite talent on this roster; this pick was trying (gambling) to address that.
                        They're also great because they gave their elite talent role players to help them.

Comment

• Wingspan?

Guess where that puts Bruno?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

here he's number 15. no idea how they found this kid
                            Huge potential. Look at 2:08. lol I now understand the KD reference
                            Brazilian Kevin Durant

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...ptors_2014.jpg
                            http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...rst-Pick-1.gif

Twitter: rmuns12

Comment

• Had no idea Brand has a large wingspan. He looks kinda stumpy.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Had no idea Brand has a large wingspan. He looks kinda stumpy.
                                part of the reason he was still effective for so long

the maxiel wingspan is baffling
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X