Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'd be surprised if Caboclo gets any meaningful minutes this season. 4th wing at best. I fully agree they'll sign somebody else to take over the 3rd wing spot. There should be options, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we get a good piece.
    I would love to see him get 5-10 minutes a game. Not too many ... but enough so he keeps learning and trying things out. I also hope Caboclo fits ahead of Novak in the depth chart.

I'm not sure the extra wing piece is necessary.

DeRozan/Ross + Fields + Caboclo + Vasquez (at the 2) could become a solid wing rotation for us ... if we get internal growth from Ross, Fields and Caboclo, all of which is possible (Fields's nerve surgery apparently takes 1 year to recover from, so this is the year when we find out if he can shoot again).

It's also a great mix of people: good attitude, hard-working, fun-loving, etc.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      This pick is almost like drafting a high school player, and developing him...
      Like Tracy MacGrady, except they develop him, instead of convince him to leave.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
        I obviously didn't mean it like it was easy, meant it like the next path we should take. Stop being ridiculous.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        Sorry, I shouldn't have been mean, but I just couldn't hold myself. It was a funny question. Our prospect that none of us heard about until yesterday might not put us over the top and make us champions, should we sign KD? Well, duh, yes we should!

Comment

• You pick the best player available.

Comment

• Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to say: I'm surprised that no one has pointed out the fact it's going to be pure hell on all you fans who are excited about watching Bruno play, because he will have literally zero minutes of court time next year, and the year after that he'll be lucky to get garbage time. You think you were frustrated by the PT I've given Jonas and Ross so far? You ain't seen nothing yet!
            We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
              Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to say: I'm surprised that no one has pointed out the fact it's going to be pure hell on all you fans who are excited about watching Bruno play, because he will have literally zero minutes of court time next year, and the year after that he'll be lucky to get garbage time. You think you were frustrated by the PT I've given Jonas and Ross so far? You ain't seen nothing yet!

lol, thanks coach. i'm thinking garbage minutes, maybe. but the reason he is here is to learn. i expect you to have one translator and student of the game explaining to him every play and why it's happening. i expect you are going to hire him a personal chef, weight trainer and life coach. he is going to have the best dribbling coaches, shooting coaches and anything else that could be used for basketball, you might even enroll him in some volleyball league to get him spiking balls.

i didn't expect you to play him but thanks for the heads up coach.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the Bruno media session is being televised?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone know if the Bruno media session is being televised?
                  This^^^

In the mean time:
                  http://news.easybranches.com/raptors...es-in-toronto/

guess he has some english ability

Comment

• Cant paste links on my tablet, but look at the raptors instagram account, they have some footage of the workout.

He will be really special, anybody else jumping on the bandwagon?
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/pyr6QyxHE4/
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• One of the comments says: "Should've drafted Napier and traded Lowry"
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• https://www.keek.com/Paul__Jones/keek/Mx4deab
                          Sweet stroke

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228529

this dude predicted that he'll be drafted lmao
                            He seemed to be one of the few guys who knew about him and even he thought he would be a late second round pick.

That's always going to be my problem with this pick (regardless of how Bruno turns out). He was drafted way too early and could have been had for a second round pick. I know the comments have been about how 20th picks and role players and what have you but this 2014 draft was legitimately one of the deepest drafts ever. There were a large amount of players selected after the lottery that would have been lottery picks in a normal draft (even the 30th pick this year).

At the same time, if there was no one else they liked on the board liked, they could have done that trade with Miami (who WERE looking to trade up for Shabazz and did) and picked up so more assets along the way and then still drafted Bruno with the 26th (if the rumours were true about Phoenix at 27 which I just don't think was true).

Just to summarize, I have no problem with the player drafted (in fact, I like the guy) (and hope for the absolute best given his personal situation and the fact that he seems like a legitimately nice guy (plus his attitude))...I have a problem with WHERE he was picked (he was a literal unknown quantity, worked out for literally no other team, wasn't going to declare for the draft until a team promised to pick him up in the second (that team being US)...no way any other team picks up a player with that many unknowns in such a deep draft).
                            Last edited by Just Is; Sat Jun 28, 2014, 11:50 AM.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Translation:
                              "Last night after dinner at the restaurant Caboclo asked what?
                              Dessert?
                              No, not asked to practice ... look at the time!"
                              Last edited by MACK11; Sat Jun 28, 2014, 11:41 AM.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X