Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    fwiw, a canadian coach being mentored by casey said bruno is two years away (not 2+2) and picks stuff up super quick. as soon as a coach tells him to change something, he does.
    2 years away from playing what kind of role ? a starter role, a solid bench or just playing 5-10 minutes.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
      2 years away from playing what kind of role ? a starter role, a solid bench or just playing 5-10 minutes.
      Well that depends. He's two years away from being nba ready.

My take was that he's one year behind a rookie like Ross was when he entered the league.

How good he becomes depends on a lot of stuff. Hopefully it's really good, but you never know.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Well that depends. He's two years away from being nba ready.

My take was that he's one year behind a rookie like Ross was when he entered the league.

How good he becomes depends on a lot of stuff. Hopefully it's really good, but you never know.
        Don't forget Ross was a 21 year old rook.

Comment

• All this talk about Bruno taking x amount of years to be ready to play is so silly. He's not ready right now, but no need to put a number on how long it will take him. He's left all the distractions of his home and freinds and family and is now in an environment where it's all about his career and basketball focused. That may accelerate his development for all we know, so no need to put an equation into how long exactly before his is NBA ready. I'm looking forward to seeing what this kid has in summer league.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            All this talk about Bruno taking x amount of years to be ready to play is so silly. He's not ready right now, but no need to put a number on how long it will take him. He's left all the distractions of his home and freinds and family and is now in an environment where it's all about his career and basketball focused. That may accelerate his development for all we know, so no need to put an equation into how long exactly before his is NBA ready. I'm looking forward to seeing what this kid has in summer league.
            Great point! We get caught up in statements such as "NBA ready" and "incredibly raw." How often does a rookie come in with the expectations of being NBA ready, and struggle incredibly in their first year? We also have an example in Giannis who wasn't supposed to see the court outside of garbage time for a few years, but still somehow saw 24 minutes of game time last year. Granted, most of Milwaukee's minutes were garbage time, but he shed the "too raw" label rather quickly.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              All this talk about Bruno taking x amount of years to be ready to play is so silly. He's not ready right now, but no need to put a number on how long it will take him. He's left all the distractions of his home and freinds and family and is now in an environment where it's all about his career and basketball focused. That may accelerate his development for all we know, so no need to put an equation into how long exactly before his is NBA ready. I'm looking forward to seeing what this kid has in summer league.
              Shantz wrote: View Post
              Great point! We get caught up in statements such as "NBA ready" and "incredibly raw." How often does a rookie come in with the expectations of being NBA ready, and struggle incredibly in their first year? We also have an example in Giannis who wasn't supposed to see the court outside of garbage time for a few years, but still somehow saw 24 minutes of game time last year. Granted, most of Milwaukee's minutes were garbage time, but he shed the "too raw" label rather quickly.
              Both great posts.

David Aldridge put it best I think. Because he wasn't on any independent mock draft sites (draftexpress.com, nbadraft.net, espn.com, etc.) then he wasn't a real player/prospect. People tend to mock what they don't know as was evident draft night.

He was shut down after one amazing game in Brazil because Masai has seen how fast a player can rise when the hype machine catches hold. Two years ago Dion Waiters shot up from a mid first round pick to #4 in a few weeks. Last year 'Po went from a borderline second round pick to #15 in a few weeks.

Comment

• The point is, someone with inside knowledge gave me his best estimate. Make of it what you will.

I used the Ross comparison, because he was clearly one year away in his rookie season given his performance.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Today's game in Vegas will give us a lot of input about how good this kid is. Can he play 5 minutes in NBA without being a total liability this year ? Can he do it for 10 minutes ? These are the questions that have real meaning and not 1 year away or 2 year away. Personally, I think he will play the garbage time this year.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Both great posts.

David Aldridge put it best I think. Because he wasn't on any independent mock draft sites (draftexpress.com, nbadraft.net, espn.com, etc.) then he wasn't a real player/prospect. People tend to mock what they don't know as was evident draft night.

He was shut down after one amazing game in Brazil because Masai has seen how fast a player can rise when the hype machine catches hold. Two years ago Dion Waiters shot up from a mid first round pick to #4 in a few weeks. Last year 'Po went from a borderline second round pick to #15 in a few weeks.
                    The reputation of these sites are entirely based on their mock drafts. To suddenly have someone be drafted 20 who they didn't even have listed as a potential undrafted player (let alone a late second round pick), is most likely a threatening proposition. Bruno threatens their abilities as professionals, especially if he suddenly becomes a meaningful NBA player.

Granted, everyone agrees that he is coming in raw. But couldn't we also just say that he is still just 18 years old?
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• The more important part was the comment on Bruno's character. He's absorbing everything like a sponge. He's picking things up really quickly.

He's not one of those guys who think they know better, or who have to wrap their heads around advice. You tell the guy something and he single-mindedly tries to do it until he succeeds.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                        Today's game in Vegas will give us a lot of input about how good this kid is. Can he play 5 minutes in NBA without being a total liability this year ? Can he do it for 10 minutes ? These are the questions that have real meaning and not 1 year away or 2 year away. Personally, I think he will play the garbage time this year.
                        I disagree. I don't think this one summer league game proves anything. He's so young, so foreign, playing in his first big game against players of any significant talent. I expect more bad than good in this summer league for him and that won't mean he's a bad player or a bad pick.

If you're going into Summer League hoping for 20+ point games from Bruno you will most likely be disappointed.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          I disagree. I don't think this one summer league game proves anything. He's so young, so foreign, playing in his first big game against players of any significant talent. I expect more bad than good in this summer league for him and that won't mean he's a bad player or a bad pick.

If you're going into Summer League hoping for 20+ point games from Bruno you will most likely be disappointed.
                          Somebody recently put up a list of the worst Summer League performances ever.

There were some pretty good names on it.

HIs performance is just another tiny piece of the puzzle..... whether he performs good or bad.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                            The reputation of these sites are entirely based on their mock drafts. To suddenly have someone be drafted 20 who they didn't even have listed as a potential undrafted player (let alone a late second round pick), is most likely a threatening proposition. Bruno threatens their abilities as professionals, especially if he suddenly becomes a meaningful NBA player.

Granted, everyone agrees that he is coming in raw. But couldn't we also just say that he is still just 18 years old?
                            No one even knew the mans name or ever seen him play.

1 thing is for sure the kid needs some serious weight training I am talking like 20 lbs min of muscle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The more important part was the comment on Bruno's character. He's absorbing everything like a sponge. He's picking things up really quickly.

He's not one of those guys who think they know better, or who have to wrap their heads around advice. You tell the guy something and he single-mindedly tries to do it until he succeeds.
                              This is where I find people often (myself included) get caught up in the hype. Everyone says this guy or that is like a sponge, it's as generic a line to describe a young player as it is to say he's a student of the game, or is a gym rat. We have no knowledge of this guys game, work ethic or character than what we are hearing from 3rd parties right now, so I hope people don't set unreal expectations for him. I'm already hearing things on the forum about he's passes Feilds on the depth chart, and how he's going to give Randle problems in tonights game. I hope this could be the case, but I don't want to get carried away with an idea of what his game is until I've seen him play some NBA ball first.

Don't get me wrong, I hope when they say he's absorbing stuff really well and picking everything up really quickly and it's not just the company line, but I'd like to see the proof on the court before I belive the hype myself.

Comment

• Summer league really doesn't mean a whole lot imo. MCW was terrible in summer league last year, I remember D-Rose being awful also. I think guards and wings tend to struggle a bit with turnovers/efficiency because of the frantic pace with everyone trying to prove their worth to get on a roster. Bigs tend to over-perform in summer league, which we saw with JV last year (he looked like Shaq lol) and we're seeing with Olynyk and McGary right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X