No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I think that does translate from Summer League though is defense, and that's what I'm primarily going to be watching for with Bebe and NoNo (just made that up lol)

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      This is where I find people often (myself included) get caught up in the hype. Everyone says this guy or that is like a sponge, it's as generic a line to describe a young player as it is to say he's a student of the game, or is a gym rat. We have no knowledge of this guys game, work ethic or character than what we are hearing from 3rd parties right now, so I hope people don't set unreal expectations for him. I'm already hearing things on the forum about he's passes Feilds on the depth chart, and how he's going to give Randle problems in tonights game. I hope this could be the case, but I don't want to get carried away with an idea of what his game is until I've seen him play some NBA ball first.

Don't get me wrong, I hope when they say he's absorbing stuff really well and picking everything up really quickly and it's not just the company line, but I'd like to see the proof on the court before I belive the hype myself.
      Listen you guys don't have to believe my source. But he's very close to Casey and involved in the process. He was in Vegas recently. So it's first hand information. I'm just relaying that.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Might as well repost this here seeing as people are discussing it:

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Worst Summer League Performances

Good players on that list:

-Serge Ibaka
        -Nicolas Batum
        -Larry Sanders
        -Grieves Vasquez
        -Eric Bledsoe
        -James Johnson
        -Josh McRoberts

Pretty much tells you that horrid SL performances doesn't predict future success. If Bruno/Bebe play terribly, don't sweat it.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I'm more interested in seeing what skills he possesses. Does he have some idea how to guard his yard. Does he use his length to his advantage. Is he afraid to shoot? How are his handles. Court vision. Motor and aggression. I could care less what his stat line ends up being, I just want to see what the scouts saw

edit: In terms of summer league I think that is really the only thing you can take away from it. It's an extended workout against hungry competition
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            I'm more interested in seeing what skills he possesses. Does he have some idea how to guard his yard. Does he use his length to his advantage. Is he afraid to shoot? How are his handles. Court vision. Motor and aggression. I could care less what his stat line ends up being, I just want to see what the scouts saw

edit: In terms of summer league I think that is really the only thing you can take away from it. It's an extended workout against hungry competition
            I don't know though. He's a raw prospect. DeMar didn't really display any of those skills early on in his career, and he was a year older than Bruno, and now he's an all-star. Obviously I'm not saying Bruno will work hard and become an all-star one day, but rather that for a raw prospect if he displays any of those skills you mention, he's already farther along than some guys who've become something in the league were when they entered. But if he doesn't display any such things it shouldn't necessarily be read into either.

*Basically no one should have any expectations at all about Bruno. If he shows anything, that's awesome because we know he already has something to work with, but if not, it doesn't mean anything.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I'm already hearing things on the forum about he's passes Feilds on the depth chart, and how he's going to give Randle problems in tonights game.
              Wow,some fans must be kinda crazy. If these predictions are correct I would gladly eat crow. But my guess is that Randle would eat this kid and pick his teeth with his bones. Randle is a beast, and probably played more competitive ball by the time he was 12 than Bruno has played so far. I have hope for the kid, but I find it hard to believe that even a very physically gifted athlete like Bruno can make the jump from a low talent league in Brazil (where he played limited minutes) to the best basketball league on planet Earth without a couple of years of work. He isn't coming from a good Euro league, or the NCAA, or even an American high school (which I'm betting is more competitive than what he has been exposed to). My guess is that he will be a complete liability on an NBA floor. He has alot of growing up to do, but just as important will be his ability to understand the game at the highest level. It doesn't seem like effort or will to improve will a problem, and that's the most positive thing about a kid this raw and inexperienced. The language barrier could be an issue with teaching him systems and help defence and what not. Hopefully he picks these things up quickly like everyone is claiming.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                What was special about the three?..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                It was from the baseline... 2 gyms over
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• My only hopes are that he is coordinated, has a smooth gait when he runs, boxes out, has a solid/proper chest pass, is active at defense and good form on his shot. He could miss every shot as far as I'm concerned.
                  Last edited by blackjitsu; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Translators are very under-appreciated people....
                    His translator spews a bunch of his own bullshit in there though. It's actually his agent so he says things that make Bruno seem way more professional. For example for the first question in that video he answered:

"No, noone gave me any instructions, they just said to do what we do in practice in the game."

And his translator beefed that up hardcore
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      His translator spews a bunch of his own bullshit in there though. It's actually his agent so he says things that make Bruno seem way more professional. For example for the first question in that video he answered:

"No, noone gave me any instructions, they just said to do what we do in practice in the game."

And his translator beefed that up hardcore
                      you speak the language?
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        you speak the language?
                        I'm from the country!

Comment

I'm from the country!
                          Is Bruno well spoken at all?
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I'm from the country!
                            Dude, what the hell happened against Germany? Man, I felt for the Brazilians, was really hoping for a Brazil-Argentina final and it would have been great given your country was the host! There must be a rivalry between those countries in football? Sorry, I'm a little new to the sport. But what a great tourney it was.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Is Bruno well spoken at all?
                              Hmm, not particularly. He answers every question very earnestly, and with none of the "athlete bullshit" that you normally see. He gets right to the point, and I admire that about him.

His translator is a whole other story though

Comment

Hmm, not particularly. He answers every question very earnestly, and with none of the "athlete bullshit" that you normally see. He gets right to the point, and I admire that about him.

His translator is a whole other story though
                                What do you mean?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X