Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Ross only started playing when Rudy was traded I'm pretty sure if we still had Rudy ross would be playing 10mins a game
    So you would have ... benched the guy making 20M a year until he was untradeable. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggght.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
      Hahahah there's no chance in hell I'm gonna play him next year. I honestly don't care what he does on the court. VETERANS WIN BALLGAMES.

It's pretty hilarious how the season hasn't started and people are already bitching and whining about how Casey isn't giving Bruno enough minutes.

Comment

• I think it's better if Caboclo plays less, he'll start picking up some bad habits if he's trying to win games right away.

Better to have him perfecting fundamentals, I say.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          I think it's better if Caboclo plays less, he'll start picking up some bad habits if he's trying to win games right away.

Better to have him perfecting fundamentals, I say.
          He'll get opportunity to play in the D-League.

This next year should be all about getting stronger, becoming accustomed to Toronto/NBA lifestyle, improving his English, and learning how to play.

Minutes at the NBA level is found at the bottom of the priority list, in my opinion.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            He'll get opportunity to play in the D-League.

This next year should be all about getting stronger, becoming accustomed to Toronto/NBA lifestyle, improving his English, and learning how to play.

Minutes at the NBA level is found at the bottom of the priority list, in my opinion.
            Yeah, I hope when he's on the court, wherever he goes, actual performance is the least of his concerns. Hopefully it'll be about trying to execute what he's taught.

Coaches always say you have to get worse before you get better.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Serious question. Why not? He doesn't look any more raw than any other rookie I've been watching in summer league. How everyone think someone like Elfrid Payton is ready to run a team from day one, but Bruno is years away, it doesn't make any logical sense. If Bruno had totally shit the bed and looked lost today I'd agree with you. But he looked very confident and his shot looked fantastic. He looks about as polished as most NCAA 1 and done players.
              Not knowing much about him and not having much to go on, and considering his age and lack of experience I really thought it would be a long shot for the kid to get minutes this season. I still think this is so considering the Raptors depth chart. And I don't want to read too much into a single summer league game, it wasn't like he dominated or anything. But he did look surprisingly comfortable out there, and looked like he had a good handle on positioning and where he needed to be on the floor. And that could be more important than his actual skills in terms of getting playing time. As far as skills go, I was impressed there too, he can shoot, drive, his handle is better than I anticipated, great length on the perimeter, he challenged shots so there's lots to like. He may have been a bit sluggish, it's hard to say. Comparing him to 'Po, for example, he doesn't move as fluidly, so he maybe needs some training or his body still needs to grow or something, I'm not sure. 'Po is older and has more time playing competitive ball so that's not surprising or a knock on Bruno. But my expectation is still that at best he gets some garbage time this season. No need to push the kid too much, and if James Johnson doesn't turn out to be a bonehead, I doubt Bruno moves ahead of him on the depth chart. Nonetheless, I am more confidant in Bruno's capabilities after that game, than I was before it. And about Payton, I don't know much about him or whether he is anymore NBA ready than Bruno. But with very limited info to go on, I would say Bruno will be a good NBA player at least, but I don't expect him to see the floor much until next season.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                It's pretty hilarious how the season hasn't started and people are already bitching and whining about how Casey isn't giving Bruno enough minutes.

The main problem with the fans here is that ... They love their GM, over hype their rotational players and bitch at their coach !!! Fans here forgot how this team was last in NBA in defence and it was Casey and his methods that brought them up to this level.

Comment

• @ChrisMannixSI: Quick summer league note: Noted a handful of scouts lamenting not being able to move up to get @Bruno_Caboclo. See Giannis-like potential.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                    @ChrisMannixSI: Quick summer league note: Noted a handful of scouts lamenting not being able to move up to get @Bruno_Caboclo. See Giannis-like potential.
                    Bruno confirmed for GOAT

Comment

• Potential is a scary to gamble on

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        He already looks better than James Harden on defense. Low bar, I know.
                        Considering the beard got a few all defensive team votes, that bar is perched pretty high right now
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                          Oh yeah. Casey's going to ruin Bruno, just like he messed up JV and Ross (who should be in summer league, not working out every day with ultra hard working DD and Amir). Masai has to be a terrible GM for extending the man screwing up all our young players' development. Damn fools in both Head Coach and GM positions. The team is doomed for decades to come!

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I guess they have front offices that are two years away from being two years away from being this good
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post

Prospect that look further away than Bruno
                                Gordon
                                Payton
                                Vonleh

Comment

Working...
                                X