Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

How big is too big to play the 3? Gallinari is the only 6'10" wing in the league that I can think of offhand. Does anyone think Caboclo ends up sharing time at the 3 and 4 once he add mass?

Apparently, Greek Freak grew 2 inches since the season ended and now he is listed 6'11 shooting guard. soooooo.. thats that. LOL.

Comment

• These aren't your Daddy's Lakers:

Comment

• From watching bits of the second summer league game I noticed Bruno played stronger. I think the physicality surprised him in the first game and as the second game when on he'd attack stronger and stronger as the game went on. That play when he caught the ball in the corner and drove baseline is a perfect example. He was fouled pretty hard and you could see he really pushed it to finish. Was impressed.

That steal he had was impressive too. Those damn long arms man, good gravy. If he can figure out defense he's going to be a nightmare.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            From watching bits of the second summer league game I noticed Bruno played stronger. I think the physicality surprised him in the first game and as the second game when on he'd attack stronger and stronger as the game went on. That play when he caught the ball in the corner and drove baseline is a perfect example. He was fouled pretty hard and you could see he really pushed it to finish. Was impressed.
            To show the ability to adapt so quickly is amazing.

I can't wait for his english to improve and his body to get stronger so we can put him on the court

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              ...I can't wait for his english to improve...
              Especially after learning that his translator was playing fast and loose with the translations. I hope the guy does exact translations of Casey's instructions.

Comment

• Nice to see him on the court, but summer league, ugh. It doesn't come close to even resembling what he'll face in the NBA. I get more encouragement from the fact he's spending time in the gym with DD, Amir, Ross, et al, and they love his work ethic. That bodes very well, however long it takes.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                  Nice to see him on the court, but summer league, ugh. It doesn't come close to even resembling what he'll face in the NBA. I get more encouragement from the fact he's spending time in the gym with DD, Amir, Ross, et al, and they love his work ethic. That bodes very well, however long it takes.
                  Considering there was almost no footage of Bruno and no one had ever heard of him, summer league is the first time we're seeing him play organized basketball. It has let us know he can shoot, he can dribble, he doesn't look totally lost or shitty. Those were valid concerns that are now put to rest.

I know you can't read too much into summer league, but if Bruno looked like shit out there, you can bet your ass people on these boards would be panicking like crazy and calling for Masai's head. The amount of love Bruno is getting is tame by comparison.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                    Nice to see him on the court, but summer league, ugh. It doesn't come close to even resembling what he'll face in the NBA. I get more encouragement from the fact he's spending time in the gym with DD, Amir, Ross, et al, and they love his work ethic. That bodes very well, however long it takes.
                    Yeah the fact that Demar is mentoring Bruno is a very comforting!!
                    I am very pleased to see the minutes he has averaged in the summer league so far xD
                    hopefully he averages at least 10 minutes per game in regular season

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Considering there was almost no footage of Bruno and no one had ever heard of him, summer league is the first time we're seeing him play organized basketball. It has let us know he can shoot, he can dribble, he doesn't look totally lost or shitty. Those were valid concerns that are now put to rest.

I know you can't read too much into summer league, but if Bruno looked like shit out there, you can bet your ass people on these boards would be panicking like crazy and calling for Masai's head. The amount of love Bruno is getting is tame by comparison.
                      Pretty much this. Summer League needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt....But still, someone not totally sucking is pretty damn reassuring. And generally, SL can't really tell you how good someone is, but if someone is terrible, it gives you a pretty good idea that the guy is very far from contributing, and possibly just not talented enough to make it to the big show.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Pretty much this. Summer League needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt....But still, someone not totally sucking is pretty damn reassuring. And generally, SL can't really tell you how good someone is, but if someone is terrible, it gives you a pretty good idea that the guy is very far from contributing, and possibly just not talented enough to make it to the big show.
                        Exhibit A: Machado

I had high hopes. I now see he just doesn't have the athleticism or speed to play at the NBA level.

Comment

• Well, we know Bruno shoots 3s! Thats nice
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• anyone know why bruno got a tech
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Especially after learning that his translator was playing fast and loose with the translations. I hope the guy does exact translations of Casey's instructions.
                              His translator is also his agent, so it wasn't the best choice.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                                anyone know why bruno got a tech
                                shoved Eric Griffin
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X