No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the biggest problem for Bruno will be the language barrier. Watching that game, you could tell that he was pretty confused at times, although part of that is probably adjusting to a new team. It must be difficult to learn the game when you also have to learn the language. After that though, I think he will develop very quickly, because from all that I've heard he works insanely hard.

Comment

• I imagine the language barrier was why they waited until now to assign him to a d league team and he still doesn't speak it well at all so of course he's not going to look very good out there most of the time because he doesn't know anybody and can't speak to them. The important part is just getting him playing time vs NBA level players
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        I imagine the language barrier was why they waited until now to assign him to a d league team and he still doesn't speak it well at all so of course he's not going to look very good out there most of the time because he doesn't know anybody and can't speak to them. The important part is just getting him playing time vs NBA level players
        They're not NBA level players though, otherwise they'd be in the NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          They're not NBA level players though, otherwise they'd be in the NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          A lot of guys are on NBA rosters. The rest are playing for a spot. Its fringe but what else can you do to get him some experience?
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Who's watching open gym right now (the Bruno episode)?

Comment

• Is Bruno playing tonight for the Mad Ants? Dont see him on the bench

Comment

• Reboc wrote: View Post
                Is Bruno playing tonight for the Mad Ants? Dont see him on the bench
                he was recalled
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  he was recalled
                  Faulty brakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• lol
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Song is just boring.. needs more to it.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Where's Bruno? I though he was down with the mad ants. I don't see him on any roster

Comment

• Should've drafted KJ or Grant or McGary smh.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Should've drafted KJ or Grant or McGary smh.
                              Wanted Jerami Grant but he is a second rounder. One dimensional but looks like a really good SF. Might be the best perimeter close out defender outside JJ

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Should've drafted KJ or Grant or McGary smh.
                                Well...definitely not Grant if you're talking at #20. They could've drafted Grant even with their early 2nd rounder. Obviously they just weren't that high on the kid for whatever reason. I really wanted him at 37 when our pick came up and he was still there.

Either way, way too early to make hindsight statements like this. None of those guys are exactly tearing it up. McGary's played pretty well....in the 4 games he's played because the dude is always injured. McDaniels and Grant are having "meh" seasons for an awful team. Some good signs, but inconsistency and inefficiency...problems most rookies face. And neither looks like a superstar in the making or anything at the moment.

Bruno won't contribute, probably until at least his 3rd season. And possibly never. But again, it's way too early to judge the pick. Even if he doesn't pan out it's not so bad. What would McDaniels be contributing to this team? Hard to imagine he'd get many minutes with JJ on the squad. Same probably goes for Grant. Both projected as role players. As most people said at the draft, it's a low-risk situation for the Raps to swing for the fences in the draft. Even if Bruno just ends up a role player (say 3&D), at his size/length that's a rare player. *If he never amounts to anything, you used a pick that probably wouldn't have yielded more than an average role player, which is nothing to cry about.

And on Grant, it's possible they wanted to draft him, but maybe wanted to stash him as they did with Daniels, and Grant wasn't cool with that so they didn't pick him. We never have all the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X