Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Where's Bruno? I though he was down with the mad ants. I don't see him on any roster
    Mad Ants don't play again until the 17th if I remember correctly. Probably just practicing with them now.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Bruno should just go live with KD during the summer. He'll come back hitting step back threes and mad ball skills

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Should've drafted KJ or Grant or McGary smh.
        You don't know the Bruno Caboclo.....

You know what DeMar was doing at Bruno's age? Struggling at USC.

Who knows what Bruno is going to become but there is plenty of skill and physical abilities to work with.

He will still be younger than many first round draft picks this year.

Comment

• The Demar part is funny.

Demar led USC by seasons end, then was good enough to play for the Raptors the next.

You cannot say the same about Bruno with a straight face.... no way.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            The Demar part is funny.

Demar led USC by seasons end, then was good enough to play for the Raptors the next.

You cannot say the same about Bruno with a straight face.... no way.

DeMar struggled for majority of his freshman season. It was his final 8 games where he put it together and averaged over 18ppg on good percentage.

We don't know what Bruno will be able to do next year when it would have been the equivalent of DeMar's rookie season at the same age.

We also don't know what Bruno would be able to do with any sort of playing time this year. All we know is he has ridiculous physical attributes and abilities and a lot of natural talent.

Will that translate in to a successful NBA career? I don't know.

My face is straight..... yes way.

Comment

• ok.

Comment

• Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  You don't know the Bruno Caboclo.....

You know what DeMar was doing at Bruno's age? Struggling at USC.

Who knows what Bruno is going to become but there is plenty of skill and physical abilities to work with.

He will still be younger than many first round draft picks this year.
                  This is so not true.

Bruno will turn 20 this coming September. When you watch him play he's NOWHERE near ready to play in the NBA. The guy is not even good enough to play in the D-League!!

DeMar DeRozan won the Pac 10 Tournament MVP when he was 18 years old. He started the year slowly at SC but finished strong.

19 years old DeMar DeRozan was starting for the Toronto Raptors.

Poor comparison.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Wed Feb 11, 2015, 01:48 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is so not true.

Bruno will turn 20 this coming September. When you watch him play he's NOWHERE near ready to play in the NBA. The guy is not even good enough to play in the D-League!!

DeMar DeRozan was the Pac 10 Tournament MVP. He was 18.

Poor comparison.
                    To be fair, that 19 year old starting for the Raptors surely didn't deserve to start. He just ran around for a bit. He did nothing on the court. He was the beneficiary of a shitty roster that allowed for development.

Bruno doesn't have that same luxury with this roster.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      To be fair, that 19 year old starting for the Raptors surely didn't deserve to start. He just ran around for a bit. He did nothing on the court. He was the beneficiary of a shitty roster that allowed for development.

Bruno doesn't have that same luxury with this roster.
                      True.

Qustion - If we had the same roster this year, what year was that 2009? Do you think Bruno is good enough to start? do you think he can last 2 mins on the court? from i've seen i doubt it.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

True.

Qustion - If we had the same roster this year, what year was that 2009? Do you think Bruno is good enough to start? do you think he can last 2 mins on the court? from i've seen i doubt it.
                        Good enough to start? Definitely not.

But averaging 7ppg in 15 mins off the bench, isn't too far-fetched. DeRozan averaged 8ppg in 20 mins as a starter.

Comment

True.

I don't see why he couldn't be playing 15-20 mins. We know he can just stand outside the 3pt line and shoot - that's enough justification for him to be out there on offence. His defence is obviously bad, but's he also long enough to negate a lot of mistakes, and not get bullied on post-ups.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This is so not true.

DeMar DeRozan won the Pac 10 Tournament MVP when he was 18 years old. He started the year slowly at SC but finished strong.

Poor comparison.
                            DeRozan born August 1989.

He played at USC in 2008-2009 when he was 19 years old.

The summer he was drafted he turned 20 and was 20 years old when he was started for the Raptors.

Bruno born in 1995.

His rookie year is 2014-15 when he is 19 years old.

He turned 19 after he was drafted.

DeMar's rookie season he was 20 and turned 21 in the off season.

Bruno's 2nd season he will be 20 (just before training camp) and he won't turn 21 until just before the start of his 3rd year.

When you watched DeMar play as a rookie he was nowhere near ready to play but he got lots of minutes.
                            Last season Giannis was nowhere near ready to play but he got lots of minutes and developed.
                            Bruno has not received the minutes because he isn't playing on a shit team and he is also likely more raw than both those players.

Placing anything on Bruno's trip to the D-League is a waste of energy given the small sample size and the fact the Mad Ants are affiliated with 1/3 of the league. There is no development for players down there in that situation which is why he has not been down for more than 2 games - it is a waste of time. Raptors need their own DLeague team. Guys like Clint Capela have been getting much better as the year has progressed in the DLeague because they are in a situation where they are the focus of the coaches and management of the team.

It will be interesting to see what Bruno does this coming summer at Summer League. It will be the first apples to apples comparison the Raptors should have.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              DeRozan born August 1989.

He played at USC in 2008-2009 when he was 19 years old.

The summer he was drafted he turned 20 and was 20 years old when he was started for the Raptors.

Bruno born in 1995.

His rookie year is 2014-15 when he is 19 years old.

He turned 19 after he was drafted.

DeMar's rookie season he was 20 and turned 21 in the off season.

Bruno's 2nd season he will be 20 (just before training camp) and he won't turn 21 until just before the start of his 3rd year.

When you watched DeMar play as a rookie he was nowhere near ready to play but he got lots of minutes.
                              Last season Giannis was nowhere near ready to play but he got lots of minutes and developed.
                              Bruno has not received the minutes because he isn't playing on a shit team and he is also likely more raw than both those players.

Placing anything on Bruno's trip to the D-League is a waste of energy given the small sample size and the fact the Mad Ants are affiliated with 1/3 of the league. There is no development for players down there in that situation which is why he has not been down for more than 2 games - it is a waste of time. Raptors need their own DLeague team. Guys like Clint Capela have been getting much better as the year has progressed in the DLeague because they are in a situation where they are the focus of the coaches and management of the team.

It will be interesting to see what Bruno does this coming summer at Summer League. It will be the first apples to apples comparison the Raptors should have.
                              I was also thinking of Giannis, whom the Bucks decided to help develop via NBA playing time - it's already paying dividends.

This is a huge gap for the NBA right now. The D-League sucks as a developmental League. It seems like it's best suited for almost-good-enough or slightly flawed guys to re-develop one or two parts of their game and have another crack at the NBA rather than just be forgotten about (thinking about guys like Gerald Greene and PJ Tucker). It's a tough spot for a raw player who needs all round development, good coaching, and a stable situation. The NCAA isn't helping, where a lot of the best players are one-and-done and the coaches have to prioritize short-term success (there's also way too much money involved and the players don't get any of it, which is a f*cking sham - it's a multi-billion dollar business masquerading as academics and getting away with not paying the players because of it, while coaches and the schools make millions of dollars).

The NBA needs to fix this. MLB and the NHL have much better farm systems.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                I was also thinking of Giannis, whom the Bucks decided to help develop via NBA playing time - it's already paying dividends.

This is a huge gap for the NBA right now. The D-League sucks as a developmental League. It seems like it's best suited for almost-good-enough or slightly flawed guys to re-develop one or two parts of their game and have another crack at the NBA rather than just be forgotten about (thinking about guys like Gerald Greene and PJ Tucker). It's a tough spot for a raw player who needs all round development, good coaching, and a stable situation. The NCAA isn't helping, where a lot of the best players are one-and-done and the coaches have to prioritize short-term success (there's also way too much money involved and the players don't get any of it, which is a f*cking sham - it's a multi-billion dollar business masquerading as academics and getting away with not paying the players because of it, while coaches and the schools make millions of dollars).

The NBA needs to fix this. MLB and the NHL have much better farm systems.
                                There are teams that have their own DLeague team are doing pretty good developing players.

Houston is the best example I have. Guys like Patrick Beverly, Terrence Jones, D-Mo have all spent significant amounts of time in the D with lots of recalls as well. This year they are sending Capela and Canaan down a lot and those guys are developing - Capela especially although this opinion is just based on progression of D-League game logs.

San Antonio do the same.

Lakers had been sending Clarkson down a lot this year and now that the tank is on he is starting.

Phoenix has sent Warren, Goodwin, and Ennis down a lot.

The key thing with all those teams is they have dedicated DLeague franchises. The Mad Ants is useless beyond. Upstate NY or Michigan makes so much sense. Hopefully the investment is made. For an ownership group that so often bemoaned an inability to attract marquee free agents to Canada, why not grow your own players?

Comment

Working...
                                X