Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what Bruno needs to improve IMO:

1. Ball handling. That should come first.

2. Timing his shot. I've noticed he pulls up too soon sometimes..... that's a easy fix though.

3. Staying on his man. He reads Zone defense well though... so that is something I hope Casey includes when he is on the flloor.

4. Stay calm and focused. I noticed he has a temper, but that's something that he can control. No fouling like crazy buddy....

5. Add some muscle. That's a easy fix yet again.

If Bruno can improve in those areas, which I have no doubt he can, he'll be NBA ready. I say 2-3 years max and he'll be in a bench or starting role.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Here's what Bruno needs to improve IMO:

1. Ball handling. That should come first.

2. Timing his shot. I've noticed he pulls up too soon sometimes..... that's a easy fix though.

3. Staying on his man. He reads Zone defense well though... so that is something I hope Casey includes when he is on the flloor.

4. Stay calm and focused. I noticed he has a temper, but that's something that he can control. No fouling like crazy buddy....

5. Add some muscle. That's a easy fix yet again.

If Bruno can improve in those areas, which I have no doubt he can, he'll be NBA ready. I say 2-3 years max and he'll be in a bench or starting role.
      #1 - anything resembling court awareness on Defence. Dude has no clue when his man moves cause he is staring down the ball handler. He has the length to compensate some, but he needs to be able to track his man and the ball at the same time.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea how Bruno is being developed? Does he have a personal assistant teaching him how to use his raw skills?

I was on the record in saying that it would have been better if he played overseas for the year.. that way we gain one year on his rookie contract, and he gets to be part of a real team that develops him.

The Raptors are too good now to get him any meaningful minutes.. I doubt he'll see the court next year either.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          #1 - anything resembling court awareness on Defence. Dude has no clue when his man moves cause he is staring down the ball handler. He has the length to compensate some, but he needs to be able to track his man and the ball at the same time.
          Good point. I agree completely.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Does anyone have any idea how Bruno is being developed? Does he have a personal assistant teaching him how to use his raw skills?

I was on the record in saying that it would have been better if he played overseas for the year.. that way we gain one year on his rookie contract, and he gets to be part of a real team that develops him.

The Raptors are too good now to get him any meaningful minutes.. I doubt he'll see the court next year either.
            Hopefully raps have a single affiliation dleague team next year.

If not, you're likely spot on with what should have been done, IMO.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea how Bruno is being developed? Does he have a personal assistant teaching him how to use his raw skills?

The problem with this, and it has been said before, is that there's absolutely no guarantee an overseas team is willing to develop him any better.

Raw players do not tend to get minutes on top tier teams even in Europe. And with such teams knowing the kid is only a rental, and too raw to contribute (unlike Jonas, who was good enough to contribute when he stayed over for a year, and in his home country), why would they waste time and energy on the kid?

Then there's the simple fact that these teams would have less resources than the Raps. Smaller staff. Worse facilities. So it's not like he gets better non-game development.

The kinds of teams he'd be on where he'd actually get minutes would be in lower quality leagues around the world. In such a case, the problem comes back to the simple fact that Toronto does not have their own D-League affiliate, as that would be about equal to those options, but with some supervision and agenda-setting from the Raps. This needs to be a priority for the Raps, especially if Masai is always going to like sprinkling in some youngsters deep on the bench.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Feb 12, 2015, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• I'm all for drafting on potential but I hope the Raptors have a good development plan for these projects when drafted. If this team is going to draft in the 20's for the next couple years we better be ahead of the curve on player development. It does seem like the organization has improved over the years by not shying away and spending money behind the scenes ie. Alex MacKechnie. Having a D-league affiliate would be ideal, but if not I hope they are forward thinking and find an alternative method for maximizing player growth.

I really do think Bruno may do well in the future (2017, 2018). I just hope they take their time developing him. From what I've seen of him, I think he could get discouraged and not meet his full potential.

Comment

• The Raptors must have a specifically outlined development plan in place for Bruno. Maybe year 1 is simply for learning the NBA game through observation, while developing in the weight room.

Comment

• Hard to say. But he needs to play.... somewhere.... can't just sit and watch every night.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      The problem with this, and it has been said before, is that there's absolutely no guarantee an overseas team is willing to develop him any better.

Raw players do not tend to get minutes on top tier teams even in Europe. And with such teams knowing the kid is only a rental, and too raw to contribute (unlike Jonas, who was good enough to contribute when he stayed over for a year, and in his home country), why would they waste time and energy on the kid?

Then there's the simple fact that these teams would have less resources than the Raps. Smaller staff. Worse facilities. So it's not like he gets better non-game development.

The kinds of teams he'd be on where he'd actually get minutes would be in lower quality leagues around the world. In such a case, the problem comes back to the simple fact that Toronto does not have their own D-League affiliate, as that would be about equal to those options, but with some supervision and agenda-setting from the Raps. This needs to be a priority for the Raps, especially if Masai is always going to like sprinkling in some youngsters deep on the bench.
                      Even a lower quality league may not be a bad idea.. it would be better then playing for the Mad Ants - a team that develops players for half the league. It's not like he gets much playing time there.. and really they don't care about his development at all.

As for getting no playing time.. I guess that's possible.. but the Raptors may be able to find a team that is willing to help him out like they did with Daniels. I'd imagine it would be a pretty big coop for some euro team to have a connection with an NBA team.. and if that means playing the kid even when's he not good.. I'm sure they'd be willing to do it.

Either way.. we are 50 games into this season.. and as far as I can tell Bruno has not developed very well. The Mad Ants stint was a disaster.. and he's probably going to go through a similar stint next year.. just feel like its been a waste.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors must have a specifically outlined development plan in place for Bruno. Maybe year 1 is simply for learning the NBA game through observation, while developing in the weight room.
                        Not to mention English classes.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          The Raptors must have a specifically outlined development plan in place for Bruno. Maybe year 1 is simply for learning the NBA game through observation, while developing in the weight room.
                          Based on his frame and inexperience, that seems perfectly reasonable. I'd also add learn English and get comfortable. Dude is a fish out of water right now. He has A LOT on his plate, without adding any basketball related production expectations. I think the Raps will be happy if he can show up to summer league next year, with some added muscle, knowledge (both team concept and general bball), and language.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Even a lower quality league may not be a bad idea.. it would be better then playing for the Mad Ants - a team that develops players for half the league. It's not like he gets much playing time there.. and really they don't care about his development at all.

As for getting no playing time.. I guess that's possible.. but the Raptors may be able to find a team that is willing to help him out like they did with Daniels. I'd imagine it would be a pretty big coop for some euro team to have a connection with an NBA team.. and if that means playing the kid even when's he not good.. I'm sure they'd be willing to do it.

Either way.. we are 50 games into this season.. and as far as I can tell Bruno has not developed very well. The Mad Ants stint was a disaster.. and he's probably going to go through a similar stint next year.. just feel like its been a waste.
                            Daniels is a more experienced and polished player. The team he joined probably expected him to contribute. That would not be the case with Bruno, and is the major obstacle in stashing him IMO. What's the benefit for the team getting him for a year? Some NBA-related pubilicity? That's not enough.

The kind of team that would not care about how raw he is just so they could have an NBA player...well I can't imagine that would be a great development environment. He'd basically be a gimmick. And this brings me back to the fact that no team that wants to be good and compete would be interested in renting him out for a year. That rules out most of the places in the world where he'd get high quality tutelage.

I think you overestimate how much most Euro teams care about having a connection to the NBA. If the guy is a real player? Sure, they'd love to have him. But again, they wouldn't care about the gimmicky aspect just on its own. Even their fans wouldn't. Most good Euro teams have very loyal fanbases who prefer the Euro game to the NBA game. They only care if the guy can actually help their team win. I don't want Bruno over there with a bad team as purely a publicity stunt style of move for that team.

It's 50 games into the season, and we have no clue how Bruno is developing. We never see him play and we have no clue what his regimen is like behind the scenes, nor the goals the team has for him. Shit, if he gains 20 lbs and learns enough English to comfortably function in a basketball setting, that'd be a pretty good year for me.

I just hope they figure something out for next year. Again, just hopefully get their own D-League affiliate.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Based on his frame and inexperience, that seems perfectly reasonable. I'd also add learn English and get comfortable. Dude is a fish out of water right now. He has A LOT on his plate, without adding any basketball related production expectations. I think the Raps will be happy if he can show up to summer league next year, with some added muscle, knowledge (both team concept and general bball), and language.
                              Hahaha

I see we're thinking along similar lines here

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              It's 50 games into the season, and we have no clue how Bruno is developing. We never see him play and we have no clue what his regimen is like behind the scenes, nor the goals the team has for him. Shit, if he gains 20 lbs and learns enough English to comfortably function in a basketball setting, that'd be a pretty good year for me.

Comment

• I hope he can play a Fields sort of role next year, usually plays only during injuries, and not too much then either.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X