Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Based on his frame and inexperience, that seems perfectly reasonable. I'd also add learn English and get comfortable. Dude is a fish out of water right now. He has A LOT on his plate, without adding any basketball related production expectations. I think the Raps will be happy if he can show up to summer league next year, with some added muscle, knowledge (both team concept and general bball), and language.
    Of course they have a plan for Bruno. You don't draft a player as raw as him in the first round if you don't have a plan to develop him.

He does get playing time, 3v3 in the gym after practice, before games. Also practices with the team, learning plays and how to be a professional basketball player. The kid has so much to learn
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Even a lower quality league may not be a bad idea.. it would be better then playing for the Mad Ants - a team that develops players for half the league. It's not like he gets much playing time there.. and really they don't care about his development at all.

As for getting no playing time.. I guess that's possible.. but the Raptors may be able to find a team that is willing to help him out like they did with Daniels. I'd imagine it would be a pretty big coop for some euro team to have a connection with an NBA team.. and if that means playing the kid even when's he not good.. I'm sure they'd be willing to do it.

Either way.. we are 50 games into this season.. and as far as I can tell Bruno has not developed very well. The Mad Ants stint was a disaster.. and he's probably going to go through a similar stint next year.. just feel like its been a waste.
      Not possible. Daniels it can be done because they haven't signed him, they just win his rights. Caboclo is on an NBA contract - only place he can be assigned is the D-League. Otherwise he is on our roster and can't sign a contract or play anywhere else.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Not possible. Daniels it can be done because they haven't signed him, they just win his rights. Caboclo is on an NBA contract - only place he can be assigned is the D-League. Otherwise he is on our roster and can't sign a contract or play anywhere else.
        They didn't have to give him an NBA contract though. Once they did his rookie contract started. And I think that it was a bad strategy.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          They didn't have to give him an NBA contract though. Once they did his rookie contract started. And I think that it was a bad strategy.
          If only they had their own D-League team......... has anyone mentioned that yet?

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            Of course they have a plan for Bruno. You don't draft a player as raw as him in the first round if you don't have a plan to develop him.

He does get playing time, 3v3 in the gym after practice, before games. Also practices with the team, learning plays and how to be a professional basketball player. The kid has so much to learn
            This is true, but ultimately you learn from playing in real situations.

Giannis is only 10 months older than Bruno. He was also an extremely raw foreign kid. But he has now played almost 3500 minutes in his career (vs Bruno's 16), and he is improving on a nightly basis (set a career high in points, then broke it a couple nights later).

Yes, the Bucks lost a lot last year. But this year they are reaping the benefits. Giannis is playing more than Val and the Bucks are 30-23. The East is so shitty you can do this!

I like the idea of drafting young, high-upside players every year.... But you have to suck it up and give them more than garbage time minutes. Even if it's ten or fifteen minutes off the bench against really bad teams like the Sixers. Given Casey's history, does anyone really think Bruno will get more than ten minutes here or there next year, with an extremely quick hook?

We have another pick this year and then two more in 2016. This issue is only going to compound itself over time.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              This is true, but ultimately you learn from playing in real situations.

Giannis is only 10 months older than Bruno. He was also an extremely raw foreign kid. But he has now played almost 3500 minutes in his career (vs Bruno's 16), and he is improving on a nightly basis (set a career high in points, then broke it a couple nights later).

Yes, the Bucks lost a lot last year. But this year they are reaping the benefits. Giannis is playing more than Val and the Bucks are 30-23. The East is so shitty you can do this!

I like the idea of drafting young, high-upside players every year.... But you have to suck it up and give them more than garbage time minutes. Even if it's ten or fifteen minutes off the bench against really bad teams like the Sixers. Given Casey's history, does anyone really think Bruno will get more than ten minutes here or there next year, with an extremely quick hook?

We have another pick this year and then two more in 2016. This issue is only going to compound itself over time.
              I will be shocked if we keep all 3 picks.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Guys, we all knew Bruno wasn't going to play this year and we all knew he'd barely play next year. What's all the fuss about?

The hope was that he could be a solid contributor coming off the bench in 2016
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  Guys, we all knew Bruno wasn't going to play this year and we all knew he'd barely play next year. What's all the fuss about?

The hope was that he could be a solid contributor coming off the bench in 2016
                  I've been clamoring for Bruno (and Bebe) to get PT all year...it will pay massive dividends down the line

But alas Casey doesn't know how to develop/trust young players and benches them for "vets" <-------- which is true if one listened to Jalen Rose' discussions on how the NBA works

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    I've been clamoring for Bruno (and Bebe) to get PT all year...it will pay massive dividends down the line

But alas Casey doesn't know how to develop/trust young players and benches them for "vets" <-------- which is true if one listened to Jalen Rose' discussions on how the NBA works
                    Bruno is nowhere near ready to play at the NBA level. It's that simple.

Comment

I mean, I want Bruno to be really damn good, but expecting him to play regular minutes every game is going overboard on his ability right now.

He's just not polished for NBA basketball yet, and we should be OK with that. We can't develop somebody who can't play at this level.

Playing during practices, learning plays/systems, speaking English, adding muscle. That's all I expect, with a couple bonus garbage minutes.

Comment

If he was in Europe he would be developed the exact same way. Heck if he stayed in Brazil, it's likely that they would only be giving him limited minutes. The issue is not having a D League team.

Kyle said some interesting things in his All Star media scrum about Bruno being in the gym 2 times a day. So he's getting his work in. Not sure that means THAT much. IT's definitely frustrating when a player plays so little. US fans want to see how he's developing. Guess time will tell.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          Bruno is nowhere near ready to play at the NBA level. It's that simple.
                          True, but there have been plenty of games that he (and Bebe) could have gotten better than DNP-CD. 2-5 minutes every 2-3 games would be a significant upgrade from his current PT and not really affect the team performance.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

why is everyone getting so pissed hes getting no playing time this year. that was a given, masai and casey literaly said before the year started that bruno would get pretty much no playing time and would be bouncing back from the d league to practicing with the team this year. they said hes too raw, and wait for it... two years from being two years away

They wanted to keep a close eye on him and keep team officials near him so they could see his progress. as some people have already stated, all we can hope for him this year is he learns english and adds some muscle for next year. If he played in lets say france for a yea, hed have to learn french and THEN english. im totaly cool with his devlopemetn thus far
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              why is everyone getting so pissed hes getting no playing time this year. that was a given, masai and casey literaly said before the year started that bruno would get pretty much no playing time and would be bouncing back from the d league to practicing with the team this year. they said hes too raw, and wait for it... two years from being two years away

They wanted to keep a close eye on him and keep team officials near him so they could see his progress. as some people have already stated, all we can hope for him this year is he learns english and adds some muscle for next year. If he played in lets say france for a yea, hed have to learn french and THEN english. im totaly cool with his devlopemetn thus far
                              He also needs to learn NBA defense and offensive schemes, which he is while here. He is also getting shots up everyday I'm sure and working on his handles. There's a reason why we have 10000 assistant coaches.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                True, but there have been plenty of games that he (and Bebe) could have gotten better than DNP-CD. 2-5 minutes every 2-3 games would be a significant upgrade from his current PT and not really affect the team performance.
                                Not really. The important thing is practice, film sessions and weight rooms. And just being around the team. An extra 5 minutes every week or 2 against another teams bench isn't going to make or break his career.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X