No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope he keeps up the gym and practice for now.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Not really. The important thing is practice, film sessions and weight rooms. And just being around the team. An extra 5 minutes every week or 2 against another teams bench isn't going to make or break his career.
      Not really? There is no substitute for actual game playing time. So while yes, he needs to be attentive and active in practice, film sessions, and the weight room; all of those things can't simulate actual game time. The opportunity to actually put into the practice the basic tenets he is learning during practice is infinitely more valuable than DNP-CD.

No one develops solely on practice and sooner or late, he needs PT to advance his career. Why not give him a few minutes against the other teams bench? If he is a far behind as most people think, than the other teams' bench is exactly the level of competition that he needs to play against.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Not really? There is no substitute for actual game playing time. So while yes, he needs to be attentive and active in practice, film sessions, and the weight room; all of those things can't simulate actual game time. The opportunity to actually put into the practice the basic tenets he is learning during practice is infinitely more valuable than DNP-CD.

No one develops solely on practice and sooner or late, he needs PT to advance his career. Why not give him a few minutes against the other teams bench? If he is a far behind as most people think, than the other teams' bench is exactly the level of competition that he needs to play against.
        Because we're a winning program, and our main goal is winning more games than we did the year before. This ain't the 76ers or Celtics. If our first round pick isn't yet ready to crack the top 10-11 in the depth chart, then he won't see minutes yet. Cut and dry.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Because we're a winning program, and our main goal is winning more games than we did the year before. This ain't the 76ers or Celtics. If our first round pick isn't yet ready to crack the top 10-11 in the depth chart, then he won't see minutes yet. Cut and dry.
          Do you honestly believe that 2-3 mins per game of Bruno and/or Bebe would actually cost this team wins?

Long term winning means developing players. Short team winning doesn't need to mean heavy minutes for only a few minutes. Either way, playing Bruno and Bebe more (not a lot, but more than zero), isn't going to hurt us short term and can only help us long term.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            I've been clamoring for Bruno (and Bebe) to get PT all year...it will pay massive dividends down the line

But alas Casey doesn't know how to develop/trust young players and benches them for "vets" <-------- which is true if one listened to Jalen Rose' discussions on how the NBA works
            Is this a serious post? smh can't tell anymore.

The Raptors are in a WIN NOW MODE and you want Bruno and Bebe to get some PT? both are NOWHERE near ready to play in the NBA.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

The Raptors are in a WIN NOW MODE and you want Bruno and Bebe to get some PT? both are NOWHERE near ready to play in the NBA.
              Are we in win now mode? Or are we building chemistry and continuity? I am genuinely confused.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                I mean, I want Bruno to be really damn good, but expecting him to play regular minutes every game is going overboard on his ability right now.

He's just not polished for NBA basketball yet, and we should be OK with that. We can't develop somebody who can't play at this level.

Playing during practices, learning plays/systems, speaking English, adding muscle. That's all I expect, with a couple bonus garbage minutes.
                I hate garbage minutes. You see so many bad habits in them. I would rather give him a couple minutes in the first half where he gets to be a part of the system and learns propoerly

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Not really. The important thing is practice, film sessions and weight rooms. And just being around the team. An extra 5 minutes every week or 2 against another teams bench isn't going to make or break his career.
                Film sessions of his suit game or his bench celebration game?

Seriously real game playing time is irreplaceable

TRex wrote: View Post

Take ass-hat posts like these to RealGM where they belong please

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  I hate garbage minutes. You see so many bad habits in them. I would rather give him a couple minutes in the first half where he gets to be a part of the system and learns propoerly

Film sessions of his suit game or his bench celebration game?

Seriously real game playing time is irreplaceable

Take ass-hat posts like these to RealGM where they belong please
                  To be honest i think most(actually all) of your posts belong to RealGM.

1. Ross better than DeRozan.
                  2. Ross should be the Raps starting SG going forward.
                  3. Run more post up plays for JV.
                  4. Bruno and Bebe should get PT time.

I can go on and on.

This is why i can't take you seriously.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Are we in win now mode? Or are we building chemistry and continuity? I am genuinely confused.
                    Both.

Bruno and Bebe are nowhere near ready to play in the NBA. That's all i'm saying.

To even suggest that both should get PT is BEYOND stupid. Ridiculous.
                    Last edited by The Great One; Sun Feb 15, 2015, 03:09 AM.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just wait until the end of the regular season. Once we have our seed locked up they will start giving minutes to Bruno and Bebe as we rest all the starters. It's better that way. A season's worth of practice and then get some NBA minutes for momentum into next year.

Comment

• Amir probably plays the smartest basketball on our team.

Compensates for lack of physical abilities by being one of the best screen setters in the NBA and is a terrific help defender among other skills.

His first year, he played 4 minutes total the first 80 games for a 64 win Piston team, until he was given 35 minutes the last 2 games of the season..

His second year he played a total of 124 minutes in 8 games.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Amir probably plays the smartest basketball on our team.

Compensates for lack of physical abilities by being one of the best screen setters in the NBA and is a terrific help defender among other skills.

His first year, he played 4 minutes total the first 80 games for a 64 win Piston team, until he was given 35 minutes the last 2 games of the season..

His second year he played a total of 124 minutes in 8 games.
                          Yessss! I was saying that at the beginning of the year. Bruno and bebe are going to be developed the same as Amir did. It worked out fine for him
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Yessss! I was saying that at the beginning of the year. Bruno and bebe are going to be developed the same as Amir did. It worked out fine for him
                            As much as I like the thought, Amir is playing for us, his third team, not the team that drafted him. So not a huge fan of the parallel.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              As much as I like the thought, Amir is playing for us, his third team, not the team that drafted him. So not a huge fan of the parallel.
                              Technically, he's only played on 2 teams, he never suited up for milluakee. But I see your point. But I also recall the reason Amir got traded from Detroit was because they had two young bigs in him and maxiall, and at the end of the day they decided to keep maxiall and trade Amir.

We have no one competing with bruno other than maybe t ross?
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• So weird to me that this is an issue.

Even giving them 3-4 minutes a game could be costly. They're terrible right now. I know it sounds cliche but every possession counts. I can't even imagine the death stares Lowry would be giving Bruno after he jacks up a shot every time he touches it.

Even next year I expect more of the same and I would totally be cool with that. You could give Bruno Fields's minutes as a 3rd string wing and give Bebe Stiemer's minutes as a 3rd string big.

Patience guys! They'll get their due if they put the work in.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X