Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    SF don't take 4 years to develop. Either he can hit threes/defend or he can't.
    There are 10 players this year 21 or under who have started 35 games. All of them played significant early minutes, and none of them redshirted a year like Bruno. Unless there is a coaching change, Bruno is not going to get the minutes or shots to properly develop until his third year.

There is a study that shows players need 10,000 minutes to reach their potential, about four seasons with starters' minutes. Bruno might not hit that until his sixth year, considering that Val, who was considerably more polished, can't even crack 30 minutes in his third year.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      The small forward position and power forward take the least time. Players are either physically capable of playing the position or they aren't. Bruno just needs to add weight.
      Strength....not necessarily weight

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        There are 10 players this year 21 or under who have started 35 games. All of them played significant early minutes, and none of them redshirted a year like Bruno. Unless there is a coaching change, Bruno is not going to get the minutes or shots to properly develop until his third year.

There is a study that shows players need 10,000 minutes to reach their potential, about four seasons with starters' minutes. Bruno might not hit that until his sixth year, considering that Val, who was considerably more polished, can't even crack 30 minutes in his third year.
        Throw another log on the #FireCasey fire

Comment

• You guys went crazy in the 2014 draft thread... hehe. Now we love the kid.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• hahahahahaaaaa

You guys are all calling to put a guy, Coboclo, who is less talented at Basketball than I would wager at least 20% of the guys on this very board, out on an NBA floor playing meaningful minutes on a top five team in the League fighting for a #1 seed.

hahahahhahahaa

Gimme a fucking break. This guy can't crack the Mad Ants line up, but yeah, sui tum up for the Birds

hahahaha

#firecasey

Comment

• Solid Statement , that is why there is a Development League.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Can you point me to how I would find that study? I'm googling terms like 'nba development study "10,000 minutes"' etc., and coming up with nothing.

Comment

• Yep.
                  I actually watched the Mad Ants last night for a quarter.... good place for players ot learn to do little individual things.... like, in BC's situation...play basketball.

As far as team play, and the other stuff, good luck, those guys are NOT running much of anything, its looking like a giant YMCA game.

Honestly, I don't get the Coboclo pick. I just don't. Were the other guys in the draft THAT bad? I mean to take a gamble that big?

so far, watching the guy, he looks like he is at about the 10th grade level of skills.... thats not good. He has all the physical tools.... but damn. If ever there was a leap.....

I'm thinking they looked at it like this, they saw potential that they would be a better team for the nest 2-3 years, so, they grab him in a bad draft and 2-3 years down the road, when they have a less than optimal pick, they get to pretend he was the pick.... basically stacking a draft down the road.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Throw another log on the #FireCasey fire
                    Why is this an indictment of Casey?
                    Last edited by Fully; Wed Feb 18, 2015, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      Why is this an indictment on Casey?
                      Because there's a few posters here who manage to somehow blame Casey for any negative thing you can think of about this team lol.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                        Because there's a few posters here who manage to somehow blame Casey for any negative thing you can think of about this team lol.
                        +1
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          Can you point me to how I would find that study? I'm googling terms like 'nba development study "10,000 minutes"' etc., and coming up with nothing.
                          It was posted to one of the advanced stats blogs a few years ago but I can't find it now. Hopefully the blog didn't shut down. The closest I could find now is this: http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012/01/...peak-boogaloo/

Which is not nearly as in-depth or rigorous as the original study. I knew I should've saved it somewhere!

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            You guys are all calling to put a guy, Coboclo, who is less talented at Basketball than I would wager at least 20% of the guys on this very board
                            Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Honestly, I don't get the Coboclo pick. I just don't. Were the other guys in the draft THAT bad? I mean to take a gamble that big?

so far, watching the guy, he looks like he is at about the 10th grade level of skills.... thats not good. He has all the physical tools.... but damn. If ever there was a leap.....
                            Jesus, just because a guy's not ready to play at the highest level in his first year doesn't make him some scrub. Bruno still would have been one of the top 30-40 players selected in the world.

And since when is the 20th pick taking a gamble LOL

Comment

• This is my issue with basketball: No where to develop young prospects except for College/Foreign Leagues. The D-League should be 15 or 30 teams with players actually developing down there ala the AHL or MiLB. That way young guys can play and get better.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                Yep.
                                I actually watched the Mad Ants last night for a quarter.... good place for players ot learn to do little individual things.... like, in BC's situation...play basketball.

As far as team play, and the other stuff, good luck, those guys are NOT running much of anything, its looking like a giant YMCA game.

I'm thinking they looked at it like this, they saw potential that they would be a better team for the nest 2-3 years, so, they grab him in a bad draft and 2-3 years down the road, when they have a less than optimal pick, they get to pretend he was the pick.... basically stacking a draft down the road.
                                Bruno is not that bad man. Aside from ball handling he is not horrible at anything else, its just a communication issue at this point. Once he gets the language down he'll learn at a much quicker rate

Comment

Working...
                                X