Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    LOL I agree with your posts a lot, but I fully understand when who you're arguing with just gets apeshit mad. It's funny as hell to watch

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I just think you're old.

People get violent as they grow older right?

Comment

• for those who work/live around ACC, it seems like they are pretty much down there practicing most of their time, see them quite a lot around the area.

orionvii wrote: View Post
        Both Bruno and Bebe arrived back in Toronto last weekend after spending some time in Brazil. Seems they will be working here during the summer. Indeed, Instagram already offers a few clues:

Little reggae to relax my body after good workout. #music #life #BOBnotgone #reggae #thankyouYeshua

A video posted by Lucas Nogueira (@nogueira92official) on

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Amazing how quickly you contradict yourself.
          Learn to read.

JV is a good player. He's a decent player. My problem is, y'all talk like he's the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain. LOL.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Learn to read.

JV is a good player. He's a decent player. My problem is, y'all talk like he's the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain. LOL.
            I still don't get the part where he's untouchable.....I guess because he's a 7 footer? I mean so was Andrea....

Is it fair to say that JV is a bad defender? He's not a very good rebounder. He's 34th in the league in blocks per game behind my cousin Lenny (pink font). He's very limited offensively..... I really wish he wasn't so overrated around here. It's been drilled in my head by a 1000+ posts of how awesome he'll be.

I really want to see some improvement next year from him. He can't be the same player he was last year and the year before. I don't think he'll get a pass next year, considering he'll be coming up for an extension soon. After the Bargnani fail, the patience for big men around here won't be as long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              I still don't get the part where he's untouchable.....I guess because he's a 7 footer? I mean so was Andrea....

Is it fair to say that JV is a bad defender? He's not a very good rebounder. He's 34th in the league in blocks per game behind my cousin Lenny (pink font). He's very limited offensively..... I really wish he wasn't so overrated around here. It's been drilled in my head by a 1000+ posts of how awesome he'll be.

I really want to see some improvement next year from him. He can't be the same player he was last year and the year before. I don't think he'll get a pass next year, considering he'll be coming up for an extension soon. After the Bargnani fail, the patience for big men around here won't be as long.

He's not Hakeem but if he's limited what would you call DeAndre Jordan?
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Everything Bruno Caboclo

Mess wrote: View Post
                I would call DeAndre Jordan a better player than JV.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  He is a force on the boards and blocks ... What is his standing for the season in these categories ?

Comment

I would call DeAndre Jordan a better player than JV.

I was referring specifically to you calling JV "very limited offensively".
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

The problem with JV is how we use him. Specifically, giving him very few touches on offense, not enough minutes, and expecting him to be able to run back and forth from the paint to the 3 point line at lightning speed to make up for our guards letting guys blow by them. He's a good man defender and has a few nice post moves. It's not a stretch to say that with 30+ minutes and 15 shots a game he'd be averaging around 15 and 10, which is pretty damn good for a center. If we dealt him to a team that knows how to use big men (e.g. not a guard only iso offense), his numbers would probably explode and we'd look like idiots for dealing him instead of our coach.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        The problem with JV is how we use him. Specifically, giving him very few touches on offense, not enough minutes, and expecting him to be able to run back and forth from the paint to the 3 point line at lightning speed to make up for our guards letting guys blow by them. He's a good man defender and has a few nice post moves. It's not a stretch to say that with 30+ minutes and 15 shots a game he'd be averaging around 15 and 10, which is pretty damn good for a center. If we dealt him to a team that knows how to use big men (e.g. not a guard only iso offense), his numbers would probably explode and we'd look like idiots for dealing him instead of our coach.
                        I understand that he has room for growth offensively. It's the defensive side of the ball that I'm much more worried about (especially with the trend of teams going small a lot more). He currently lacks the offensive repertoire to punish teams consistently to make up for his current defensive instincts. Basically, he needs to improve offensively and defensively. He needs to actually shoot the ball when open. Apparently, he's been like this since he was in Europe. He usually hesitates to take open shots. It seems unpopular around here to point that out.

Comment

I understand that he has room for growth offensively. It's the defensive side of the ball that I'm much more worried about (especially with the trend of teams going small a lot more). He currently lacks the offensive repertoire to punish teams consistently to make up for his current defensive instincts. Basically, he needs to improve offensively and defensively. He needs to actually shoot the ball when open. Apparently, he's been like this since he was in Europe. He usually hesitates to take open shots. It seems unpopular around here to point that out.

I just think Casey has completely mindfucked JV. How many times did Casey pull JV who was in the middle of a monster game, and then only play him a few 3rd quarter minutes for the rest of the game? It's like he was pissed that JV got a double double in the first half and wanted to punish him. I've also seen JV do a really good job defending other centers, it's just all the rotating to try and stop guards driving to the basket that he struggles with, and that's more on our guards terrible defense than JV. Apparently if JV isn't simultaneously guarding all 5 players on the other team then he's doing a bad job defensively. Casey would blame JV for everything, even publicly, which can't be good for a young player. Then Casey says nothing about the terrible play or shot selection of our guards, so the lack of consistency was probably maddening to JV too.

Comment

• In what universe is JV not a very good rebounder?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              In what universe is JV not a very good rebounder?
                              Not sure about the universe but I know a District.

lol

I couldn't resist.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                In what universe is JV not a very good rebounder?
                                I always laugh whenever someone says that

It's clear that if you calling jv not a very good rebounder you don't know what your talking about.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X