Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    I am not to concerned with how many minutes he receives, rather I want to make sure the minutes he does get are meaningful. If all hist time come in blowout wins or losses at or near the end of games what he gets is empty learning. I would like to see him on the floor in the second quarter of games getting a few quality minutes with rotational players.
    I agree on the meaningful part. That's why I think all his appearances need to be planned. Like if the schedule has 3 games in 4 nights, ok let's bring in Bruno and then have specific situations in mind to play him. This 2 mins stretch, focus on defence 100%. This stretch, set solid screens. Obviously this is an oversimplification but you (hopefully) get the point.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Early guesses on if Bruno gets any meaningful minutes at all next season?

I'd like to see Bruno check into more games next year than this one, especially if the d-league team isn't ready.

Speaking of which, the d-league team better be ready. Or else we wasted half of Bruno and Bebe's rookie contracts.
      He said in some Portuguese interview that the raptors told him he'd get minutes next year. Masai said a similar thing, and said they hope to have him contributing fully in a few seasons. *sorry to lazy to find link

What I take from that is he'll be in the d league a lot next year and when he gets called up, he'll get a few spot minutes here and there.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I hope the D-League team is up and running just for Bruno's sake. He's still so raw, I'd be fine with him playing there for 90% of next season with a couple call ups.

Edit: in leagues/sports with proper farm teams, one thing that franchises who successfully develop their own talent do is show patience. Take your time with your young guys, get them good minutes and good coaching in the farm system, and only bring them up when they're ready and when there's a suitable role to fit them into. One thing teams that suck at developing their own talent do consistently is bring guys up too soon with way too many expectations. When the prospect doesn't perform well enough fast enough, everybody turns on him and the cycle starts over with the next prospect.
        Last edited by S.R.; Mon Jun 1, 2015, 10:37 AM.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I just want to see him play meaningful minutes.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I hope the D-League team is up and running just for Bruno's sake. He's still so raw, I'd be fine with him playing there for 90% of next season with a couple call ups.

Edit: in leagues/sports with proper farm teams, one thing that franchises who successfully develop their own talent do is show patience. Take your time with your young guys, get them good minutes and good coaching in the farm system, and only bring them up when they're ready and when there's a suitable role to fit them into. One thing teams that suck at developing their own talent do consistently is bring guys up too soon with way too many expectations. When the prospect doesn't perform well enough fast enough, everybody turns on him and the cycle starts over with the next prospect.
            I'll be honest; if we have the D League team in place...I don't want to see Bruno getting any actual minutes with the Raptors (at least, not until the end of the season).

I really want to echo how Houston used theirs.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Whether the D-League team is in place or not, I'd love to see Bruno get some meaningful minutes. Actually playing in a game that isn't a blowout would do wonders for his development, imo.

Unfortunately, (as most of you have said) I don't see Casey giving him any minutes. I also think a lot of it depends on what direction Masai takes the team in. If he continues with this core, and just adds a few pieces, Bruno is never going to get any sort of meaningful minutes. But if Masai makes some trades (KL, DD) and starts of sort of retool/rebuild, I could see (hope mostly) that Bruno would actually become the 9th or 10th man.

Comment

• JoeG15 wrote: View Post
                Whether the D-League team is in place or not, I'd love to see Bruno get some meaningful minutes. Actually playing in a game that isn't a blowout would do wonders for his development, imo.

Unfortunately, (as most of you have said) I don't see Casey giving him any minutes. I also think a lot of it depends on what direction Masai takes the team in. If he continues with this core, and just adds a few pieces, Bruno is never going to get any sort of meaningful minutes. But if Masai makes some trades (KL, DD) and starts of sort of retool/rebuild, I could see (hope mostly) that Bruno would actually become the 9th or 10th man.
                Man, Bruno is still a long way from being a contributor. He's not going to be 9th or 10th man. This is a guy that played 6minutes per game in the D-League and contributed nothing. What makes people think he could contribute in the NBA? He has a ton of potential, but he still doesn't know how to play professional basketball. It'll come, just be patient.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• JoeG15 wrote: View Post
                  Whether the D-League team is in place or not, I'd love to see Bruno get some meaningful minutes. Actually playing in a game that isn't a blowout would do wonders for his development, imo.

Normally, yes.

The reason I wouldn't want to see it is that it would just be Bruno ISOs. That and he's just not going to be able to contribute yet. This year was pretty much a wash for him,
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Actually I'd like to see him get steady minutes more than meaningful minutes. I think it's good for him to know he will be playing and be ready as opposed to not knowing when he will be in or what situation. For that reason I want him in D-League as much as possible so he gets comfortable, quicker.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Fuck winning. Go for draft picks
                      Ultimate raptor fan quote here folks
                      Lol the saddest part is I'm "not sure if serious"
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Ultimate raptor fan quote here folks
                        Lol the saddest part is I'm "not sure if serious"
                        Pretty sad lol.

#RaptorsFansMentality #LosersMentality
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Pretty sad lol.

#RaptorsFansMentality #LosersMentality

Loser mentality riiiight

Now the Bucks look pretty damn good

Comment

Loser mentality riiiight

But... #AcceptMediocrity #MyOpinionsAlwaysRight

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                              But... #AcceptMediocrity #MyOpinionsAlwaysRight
                              It's such a brainless way of building to just tear it all down and cross your fingers on picks. Anybody can do that. I'd rather keep winning and see what else Masai has up his sleeve
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Loser mentality riiiight

Contenders within how many years?
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X