No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being realistic about where Bruno is in his development right now doesn't mean I'm not a fan of him. I want the kid to succeed and be an Allstar and make for an amazing espn 30 for 30. But there's a process to become a contributor in the best basketball in the league, and he's just started it.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Give Bruno the year in the DL... then use him as a backup the next.

This is why a vet at SF would be the best fit for us atm. Bruno is more ready than most think, but he needs to play, not just stew around. The DL is the best fit for him atm, and for the team.

His D seems to be getting better thanks to JJ, and hopefully his shot too. AS for potential, I see him being a borderline ASG player, maybe a HOF'er ala Ginobli/Stojackovic status.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        We really have no fucking clue, but I highly doubt it will be 4 years before Bruno contributes. We're only 1 year in and all we know is that his English is much improved, he battles James Johnson after every practice, and he's put on a good amount of weight.
        It has already been 1 year and last year he was not even able to play in D-league. So if he manages to play in high level in D-league this years ( 2 year) then maybe next year, he will be able to contribute on limited basis in NBA (3). So in reality, the 4th year will be the year that he can play meaningful minutes and really contribute in NBA.

That being said, I hope he plays a lot of minutes in D-league this season and really accelerate his development. I will be very happy if this guy be able to play starter or a reliable bench player in NBA in 2016-2017.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          It has already been 1 year and last year he was not even able to play in D-league. So if he manages to play in high level in D-league this years ( 2 year) then maybe next year, he will be able to contribute on limited basis in NBA (3). So in reality, the 4th year will be the year that he can play meaningful minutes and really contribute in NBA.

That being said, I hope he plays a lot of minutes in D-league this season and really accelerate his development. I will be very happy if this guy be able to play starter or a reliable bench player in NBA in 2016-2017.
          Um...

When Bruno was given minutes, he showed he could play. Yes,he fouled out, but looked pretty sharp on the court otherwise. The DNP-CD's were due to him not being a full-time member of the Mad Ants, and they had a veteran roster that won the championship the previous year. Would you tear that up to let a kid whose gonna play a few a games here and there for you improve?
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

Not sure how much you know about the DLeague, but our current affiliate, the Mad Ants, has 13 NBA teams sharing it. Every single other DLeague team is used by only one NBA team. Bruno wasn't given much minutes because 12 other NBA teams were clamoring for their guys to get the minutes. It's basically a useless situation, which is why I'm so glad we'll be getting our own DLeague team. Summer League is right around the corner so we won't have to wait very long to see how much he's improved.

Comment

Not sure how much you know about the DLeague, but our current affiliate, the Mad Ants, has 13 NBA teams sharing it. Every single other DLeague team is used by only one NBA team. Bruno wasn't given much minutes because 12 other NBA teams were clamoring for their guys to get the minutes. It's basically a useless situation, which is why I'm so glad we'll be getting our own DLeague team. Summer League is right around the corner so we won't have to wait very long to see how much he's improved.
              This might be the highlight of the season, so enjoy!!
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• This is why I hope the DL team is in place.

If the Raps suck, at least I can watch the youngings hopefully play good, right?
                Axel wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Um...

When Bruno was given minutes, he showed he could play. Yes,he fouled out, but looked pretty sharp on the court otherwise. The DNP-CD's were due to him not being a full-time member of the Mad Ants, and they had a veteran roster that won the championship the previous year. Would you tear that up to let a kid whose gonna play a few a games here and there for you improve?
                  Strongly disagree. Bebe could get minutes with the Mad Ants, if he could play they would have played him. Bruno simply did not look good. He couldn't even pass the ball on inbound plays. Defensively, the only place he could be hidden was in the post. At the end of his time with the Mad Ants he was sparsely playing PF.

The reason the Raps need a D League team is because no coach in their right mind would give him minutes without it being tied to their employment. He needs to be surrounded by players with high BBIQs whose soul job is to coach him up. Otherwise, all the Raps are doing is spending millions to coach up Bruno for Sky/Pinheiros. There are a limited amount of years that he can go down to the D League. If they do not get their own team up this season the Bruno experiment will fail.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    Strongly disagree. Bebe could get minutes with the Mad Ants, if he could play they would have played him. Bruno simply did not look good. He couldn't even pass the ball on inbound plays. Defensively, the only place he could be hidden was in the post. At the end of his time with the Mad Ants he was sparsely playing PF.

The reason the Raps need a D League team is because no coach in their right mind would give him minutes without it being tied to their employment. He needs to be surrounded by players with high BBIQs whose soul job is to coach him up. Otherwise, all the Raps are doing is spending millions to coach up Bruno for Sky/Pinheiros. There are a limited amount of years that he can go down to the D League. If they do not get their own team up this season the Bruno experiment will fail.
                    Bebe was only given 20 minutes a game plus 2 minutes one game, and he started at Center in the 2nd best league on the planet before coming here, and he's just straight up older and more experienced than Bruno. Your comparison = poop.

DLeague teams are supposed to give NBA rookies minutes regardless of how good or shitty they're playing, because DLeague wins/losses are fucking meaningless. No one gives a shit. The fact Bruno couldn't get minutes just shows how shitty it is to share your DLeague affiliate with 12 other teams. Ideally you let Bruno play through the mistakes, maybe pull him out for a few minutes to explain what he was doing wrong and should be doing, then insert him back in the game. After the game you review the tape with him and explain what he did good and bad. That's how guys develop, and that's what an exclusive DLeague affiliate would let us do.

I really hope Bruno tears it up at Summer League so all the haters with their extensive knowledge from "12 minutes" of footage can eat some crow. Anyone saying he is good or isn't good at this point is full of crap.

Comment

Bebe was only given 20 minutes a game plus 2 minutes one game, and he started at Center in the 2nd best league on the planet before coming here, and he's just straight up older and more experienced than Bruno. Your comparison = poop.

DLeague teams are supposed to give NBA rookies minutes regardless of how good or shitty they're playing, because DLeague wins/losses are fucking meaningless. No one gives a shit. The fact Bruno couldn't get minutes just shows how shitty it is to share your DLeague affiliate with 12 other teams. Ideally you let Bruno play through the mistakes, maybe pull him out for a few minutes to explain what he was doing wrong and should be doing, then insert him back in the game. After the game you review the tape with him and explain what he did good and bad. That's how guys develop, and that's what an exclusive DLeague affiliate would let us do.

I really hope Bruno tears it up at Summer League so all the haters with their extensive knowledge from "12 minutes" of footage can eat some crow. Anyone saying he is good or isn't good at this point is full of crap.

The Mad Ants are an independent franchise and I'm sure winning matters to that ownership group.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        The Mad Ants are an independent franchise and I'm sure winning matters to that ownership group.
                        Yep, the Mad Ants couldn't be a more useless affiliate for everyone involved.

Even if we go the Razorsharks route, our $6M contribution gives us full control over basketball operations, so it will no longer be an issue once we get our DLeague team, regardless how we accomplish it.

Comment

Yep, the Mad Ants couldn't be a more useless affiliate for everyone involved.

Even if we go the Razorsharks route, our $6M contribution gives us full control over basketball operations, so it will no longer be an issue once we get our DLeague team, regardless how we accomplish it.

Sad to say no more details have been released yet on the DL team. .

But we still know more than we do about our new uniforms, eh guys?
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Why are you so rude? Seriously did I crap on your face? We do not know one another. Simple decorum would suffice. Furthermore, 20 minutes is tons vs zero minutes for the Raps. Also, Bruno has ZERO BASKETBALL IQ!!!! NONE! All the fantastical dreaming in the world isn't going to change that!

I painfully watched every Mad Ants game that the Raps players played down there. He wasn't the only young player that played for the Ants, or played against them, but their was a significant difference in knowledge. I wouldn't have played him if I was the coach! The coach's job is to insure that they can get a job after they get fired, and he single-handedly dropped the quality of play on the court. You couldn't pay most coaches enough to let him get more than 5 minutes of run.

The coach for the Ants was multi-lingual, one of the few coaches tied to the NBA who could teach him without a translator -- that was the real reason why he was down there!!! And he STILL couldn't pick things up!!!

Bebe probably didn't play 20 minutes in Europe at the senior level -- games are shorter and minutes are awarded to vets. If he stayed down there they would have found minutes for him. He did well, he faded as the game went on(his first game), but that was expected.

Bebe could honestly play for some NBA teams now, and yes he's older, but that's not my point. If Bruno could play he would have played, regardless of the fact that he was tied to an NBA club. Only 3 teams used the Mad Ants while the Raps players were down there, there was tons of opportunity for the minutes. He couldn't earn 10 minutes a night on a minor league team and so many of you are delusional enough to think he'll be ready in a season...

You either understand angles, or you don't. You either understand spacing, or you don't. Bruno doesn't get it. With his build, and physical talents if he had a modicum of understanding it may take 5 years for him to become a player, but it would be well worth the wait.

He's a $1.5 mill player who needs an $8 mill+ program built for him to succeed. Does that even make sense? And to what end? For him to be a mediocre 3 n D? Or a bench stretch 4? I don't get the excitement.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

He's a $1.5 mill player who needs an $8 mill+ program built for him to succeed. Does that even make sense? And to what end? For him to be a mediocre 3 n D? Or a bench stretch 4? I don't get the excitement.
                              Well, it's not all just for Bruno.

And the thing about "You couldn't pay most coaches enough to let him get more than 5 minutes of run." is that when the Raptors do get their own D League team, that's precisely what the coaches will get paid to do.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X