Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Not really when ppl who know the game get together not much needs to be said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caboclo doesn't know the game at the nba level yet.

And anyways this is not true at all at any relatively high level.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      Caboclo doesn't know the game at the nba level yet.

And anyways this is not true at all at any relatively high level.
      Your not having full blown conversations with anyone while u r playing. It's more stuff like taking things away from the other team that makes them effective and those conversations r suppose to happen before the game and adjustments in game. Basically play calling screen/ pick calling switch calling, help, don't give him baseline ect. Those r not a lot of words tbh

Comment

Your not having full blown conversations with anyone while u r playing. It's more stuff like taking things away from the other team that makes them effective and those conversations r suppose to happen before the game and adjustments in game. Basically play calling screen/ pick calling switch calling, help, don't give him baseline ect. Those r not a lot of words tbh

Sure "don't give him baseline" is not many words....but how many words need to go into teaching him how not to give baseline? Answer, you could write a book on it.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

we're not talking about playing in the game, we're talking about the teaching that happens outside of the game.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            we're not talking about playing in the game, we're talking about the teaching that happens outside of the game.
            K I misunderstood u

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              Sure "don't give him baseline" is not many words....but how many words need to go into teaching him how not to give baseline? Answer, you could write a book on it.
              Not sure who here has learned additional languages, but its amazing how different understanding a language is and understanding while trying to process other moving parts while stressed.

Trying to follow an NBA offense and remembering how english works is a lot easier for someone who doesn't have to think about the english part.

So I would argue his improved english should directly help on the court as well

Comment

• Bruno please don't cry today...
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Great read on Bruno!

Even with just 23 NBA minutes played and a couple of fractured D-League stints to show for it since Caboclo was plucked from obscurity on draft night, Ujiri is ready to double down.

"We’re much more enthusiastic now than when we drafted him," he said recently as the Raptors were preparing to build their off-season plan for Caboclo. "When you see the kid begin to fill out and start to understand little things about the NBA, and it’s a kid you’re bringing in from a totally different culture, you get excited. He’s basically a baby and you’re bringing him in to the NBA life, which is tough.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...bruno-caboclo/

Comment

• Great article. Hitting 70% on 150 3s in a drill is no easy task
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I think next season will be his official rookie year. 2016/2017 that is. A full year of 30+ minutes a game in D-League a call up here or there depending on injuries or if he accelerates faster than anticipated and he will be ready to contribute at least defensively and with the spot up 3s
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        Great article. Hitting 70% on 150 3s in a drill is no easy task

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          that fact that Nik Stauskus can do it does not make it an easy task. He is an elite shooter

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Great read on Bruno!
                            Kawhi Leonard isn't a bad option to look up to.

Comment

• If the Summer League game turns in to a Bruno ISO-fest I am going to cry.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                If the Summer League game turns in to a Bruno ISO-fest I am going to cry.
                                It probably will lol. Which also means we're probably still going to be doing a lot of ISO next season, because don't they try and use the same sets with the summer league team that they would use in the regular season?
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X