• Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Bruno please don't cry today...
    lol
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Kawhi Leonard isn't a bad option to look up to.
      That was my favourite part. When Bruno singled him out on his own (and even if it was a coach's encouragement) that's a pretty positive sign.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Bruno rocking my man GP's #20...that's a good sign as far as I'm concerned!!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I'm excited..... and scared.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• I want JJ to convince him to dye that flat top red.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                I want JJ to convince him to dye that flat top red.
                your profile pic always makes me laugh lmao
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The more I watch him play I think a good future comparison would be a Danilo Gallinari.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Pretty sure that's where the sixers practice. Some guys yard
                    Oh man! I laughed for a solid 4 minutes
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• So everyone is loving Bruno a bit more today.

I love it.
                      reason why...he added 20lbs of muscle, likely will add another 15-20 over the next couple years.

He is faster now, and able to handle contact, which basketball is...a contact sport.

Where are all the experts to tell us all how putting on muscle is bad for you? Where?

Seems all you hear is how, and let me see if i have this right..... Dwayne Casey made Jonas get fat and slow, therefore that is why Jonas isn't as great as everyone wanted him to be.

Absorb this, think on it.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        So everyone is loving Bruno a bit more today.

I love it.
                        reason why...he added 20lbs of muscle, likely will add another 15-20 over the next couple years.

He is faster now, and able to handle contact, which basketball is...a contact sport.

Where are all the experts to tell us all how putting on muscle is bad for you? Where?

Seems all you hear is how, and let me see if i have this right..... Dwayne Casey made Jonas get fat and slow, therefore that is why Jonas isn't as great as everyone wanted him to be.

So you're coming around on Bruno?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          So you're coming around on Bruno?
                          Flip-flopped.....for now.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            So everyone is loving Bruno a bit more today.

I love it.

Don't be facile. There's muscle, and then there's muscle. Ben Johnson had muscle, so did Arnold Schwarzenegger. One was fast, the other wasn't. As you know, it's not the simple fact of putting on muscle, it's what kind of muscle and what kind of training goes with it.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Don't be facile. There's muscle, and then there's muscle. Ben Johnson had muscle, so did Arnold Schwarzenegger. One was fast, the other wasn't. As you know, it's not the simple fact of putting on muscle, it's what kind of muscle and what kind of training goes with it.
                              Right, but we don't just have a bunch of roid monkeys telling players "We're going to PUMP...YOU UP!", we have Alex McKechnie and a great NBA training staff.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Right, but we don't just have a bunch of roid monkeys telling players "We're going to PUMP...YOU UP!", we have Alex McKechnie and a great NBA training staff.
                                You'd be surprised how many team trainers in the college systems (basketball/football) have their players doing bodybuilder style workouts. I read an article a long time ago that was suggesting that Tracy McGrady's injuries could perhaps be attributed to the trainer in Orlando (or maybe it was Houston). Apparently the guy had T-Mac doing leg press and bicep curls, instead of addressing muscle imbalances and working on things that would actually translate to basketball.

I just think a lot of times people obsess over guys needing to gain weight. Realistically, Bruno is 19 and is not finished growing. As long as he eats and goes hard in practice, he will beef up naturally as his body matures. Once hes 23-24ish, then you can make the assessment of whether or not he needs to make a concentrated effort to put on weight.

EDIT: Just to add to my point about how beneficial SMART training can be, look at the Phoenix Suns. Im not sure if they still have the same trainer, but they had the corpses of Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and Shaq running on all cylinders back in the day.
                                Last edited by 92TillInfinity; Mon Jul 13, 2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X