No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was an article on ESPN recently about issues that may be contributing to the increase in rookie / young player injuries. Amongst them was that the lack of traditional weight training (and more emphasis on resistance bands and such).

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...a-players-face

Close to two decades ago, they say, the focus was more on traditional weight training -- dumbbells and free weights and such. Today, with more of an emphasis being placed on movement, core, stability and mobility, there's been a rise in the use of resistance bands and, say, a PhysioBall.
    "What no one is talking about is why these guys need to be stronger and muscle acts as the biggest shock absorber that we have," says Shaun Brown, a former strength coach with the Raptors and Celtics who has also worked at nine colleges. "The less muscle you have, the more trauma that goes to your joints."
    "We have found in our work with elite Australian football players that many are coming into the professional competition with relatively low bone density and this is resulting in high incidence of stress fractures and catastrophic fractures," he wrote. "We believe the cause is a reduced emphasis on plyometric and maximal strength training through the developmental years. In other words, they are running too much and lifting too little, which is making them weak physically and structurally."

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
      The more I watch him play I think a good future comparison would be a Danilo Gallinari.
      He seem to have less IQ than Gallo, but I did say I saw a touch of him beforehand.

But man, that 3 point shot is smooth.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        You'd be surprised how many team trainers in the college systems (basketball/football) have their players doing bodybuilder style workouts. I read an article a long time ago that was suggesting that Tracy McGrady's injuries could perhaps be attributed to the trainer in Orlando (or maybe it was Houston). Apparently the guy had T-Mac doing leg press and bicep curls, instead of addressing muscle imbalances and working on things that would actually translate to basketball.

I just think a lot of times people obsess over guys needing to gain weight. Realistically, Bruno is 19 and is not finished growing. As long as he eats and goes hard in practice, he will beef up naturally as his body matures. Once hes 23-24ish, then you can make the assessment of whether or not he needs to make a concentrated effort to put on weight.

EDIT: Just to add to my point about how beneficial SMART training can be, look at the Phoenix Suns. Im not sure if they still have the same trainer, but they had the corpses of Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and Shaq running on all cylinders back in the day.
        We've also turned around our games lost due to injury. Even Amir was able to stay on the court (though a lot of that was presumably his dedication). I'm going to go ahead and put a good deal of faith in our experts when it comes to all this stuff. I really wish we could get a few more interviews with the training staff (CoughgettoworkRRghhhh).

Bruno's body is looking so much better already. He actually has some shoulders now. His physical development with this training staff is going to be just massive in deciding what kind of player he can be. No one is saying he needs to get jacked, especially if he continues demonstrating that he can live on the perimeter. He'll have his own regimen unique for his game and his body, but so far I like the results.
        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Jul 13, 2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          He seem to have less IQ than Gallo, but I did say I saw a touch of him beforehand.

But man, that 3 point shot is smooth.
          Sam Perkins isn't the best comparison going but there's something about the two that remind me of each other - sleepy giants that have no conscience from outside I guess. If Bruno can better Perkins' career, that's great value at the 20th pick, and I think we know that there's even more potential in Bruno's freakish frame.

Comment

• I didn't get to watch the 2nd game, but in the first I liked what I saw from his perimeter D in terms of getting in his stance, containing, challening with length, etc. Anyone care to fill me in on the second game?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I didn't get to watch the 2nd game, but in the first I liked what I saw from his perimeter D in terms of getting in his stance, containing, challening with length, etc. Anyone care to fill me in on the second game?
              bothered McDermott quite a bit. Did a decent job challenging shots. Containing penetration was so-so.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                So you're coming around on Bruno?
                Yeah, its a year later. Its always exciting to see growth right. I only saw the highlite package so I didnt see the warts..... I like guys who can hit shots.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, its a year later. Its always exciting to see growth right. I only saw the highlite package so I didnt see the warts..... I like guys who can hit shots.
                  a right decision lool
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Flip-flopped.....for now.
                    If you dont flip flp with sports opinions you arent paying close enough attention.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      So everyone is loving Bruno a bit more today.

I love it.
                      reason why...he added 20lbs of muscle, likely will add another 15-20 over the next couple years.

He is faster now, and able to handle contact, which basketball is...a contact sport.

Where are all the experts to tell us all how putting on muscle is bad for you? Where?

Seems all you hear is how, and let me see if i have this right..... Dwayne Casey made Jonas get fat and slow, therefore that is why Jonas isn't as great as everyone wanted him to be.

Absorb this, think on it.
                      There is a big difference when you are 6'9 and weight 85 pounds and when you are 7' and weigh 250

Comment

• Bruno has a Loooooooong way to go yet.

Comment

• I really am trying to see games afterwards, and I can admit a year in the D-League is going to do Bruno some good. However, he's looked farther along than most of you thought. I had a hunch this is where he'd be this year, as our staff has shown that they can develop players.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Caboclo is showing the importance of playing in games.

His body and skills look much improved but his ability to translate in to games is glaringly absent.

His overall in game awareness is also painfully absent.

But there is a lot of positive and a lot of growth in this year compared to last year.

Getting to play in the DLeague is going to be sooooo important for him. You just can't mimic game situations at the practice facility.

I am about as big a Bruno fan as there is but patience is really needed. Lots of Powell love, and rightfully so, but he is 2.5 years older with a more game experience under his belt. Where is Bruno going to be in 2.5 years?

Going to be really fun watching guys with potential develop at the end of the bench and in the DLeague. It is the exact opposite approach of Colangelo's tenure here. There is no greater benefit to an NBA team than making rotational players - or better - from late first round picks or 2nd round picks.

I've read comments about people talking about Bruno playing in next year summer league. I believe it is possible but that would be very abnormal for an NBA player. I hope he does play again but that is only because I'm planning on going next year!

Comment

• Bruno's frame just looks insane now that he has some shoulders - one of a kind. Next stop he's got to get to work on that passing, he allows himself to get swarmed and smothered way too often.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Bruno's frame just looks insane now that he has some shoulders - one of a kind. Next stop he's got to get to work on that passing, he allows himself to get swarmed and smothered way too often.
                                It wasn't until DD's 5th year he managed to stop that.

Hopefully current development coaches nip that in the butt much sooner.

Comment

Working...
                                X