No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, Caboclo can guard the 4 if the opposing team plays a SF there. But that just means he's a SF.

The benefit to true stretch 4's is that they can guard bigger PF's in the post AND stretch the floor out on offence. He will in all likelihood never be able to do the former for any sustained stretch.

As for him already gaining weight - the first bit of added muscle mass is the easiest - going from a skinny kid with little to no proper dieting and weight training to a pro with a regimented diet and strength coaches - you'd have to expect rapid weight and muscle gain. But as he exits adolescence and his diet and strength training normalizes, the gains will be much less dramatic - or will come at significant cost elsewhere, as we've seen with JV's size increase the last couple seasons adversely affecting his quickness.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      See I don't buy that either, not when the guy has already gained significant muscle mass, and when you've got Paul George able to play significant minutes at the 4. I mean, Novak used to play the 4 for crying out loud.

I think he's an evolution of swingman - 3/4.
      Huh?

Paul George has played the PF spot for less than 1% of his NBA career.

Novak plays the 4 cause he is too slow to play the 3. He's a gimmick player, hoping Bruno is more than that.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Huh?

Paul George has played the PF spot for less than 1% of his NBA career.

Novak plays the 4 cause he is too slow to play the 3. He's a gimmick player, hoping Bruno is more than that.
        The PG comment is based on Bird saying he'll start playing there more this year, I guess we'll see how that goes as I don't anticipate the Pacers being any good. The point is that today's coaches do all sorts of weird things with their lineups. There have been smaller, more skilled power forwards playing major minutes for a long time now - Jamison, Thad Young, etc - so it's not hard to imagine Bruno being used there.

Regardless, I hope he succeeds as a small forward, but with Carroll at the 3 I wouldn't be suprised if he starts getting minutes in the Donyell Marshall role. Heard someone that saw him say he may have grown since last season.

Comment

• I keep opening this thread to read something tangible about Coboclo.

Instead, I see the conversation has evolved into a discussion about where this guy is gonna start, and dominate for the raps. I just want to add a bit of balance.

Bruno Coboclo is not a starter, or even a bench player on 30 NBA squads at this point. he may never be. He's just not really good at Basketball yet.

Donyell marshall??????

Dude that led a team to the NCAA championship and was a huge impact player in the NBA?

You can't compare Bruno to someone like that guys..... its not possible.

Comment

• Bruno isnt even at pops mensa bonsu (sp) level yet.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nope

Comment

• Already Powell is 10X the player that Bruno is.

Powell

A second round pick

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  I keep opening this thread to read something tangible about Coboclo.

Instead, I see the conversation has evolved into a discussion about where this guy is gonna start, and dominate for the raps. I just want to add a bit of balance.

Bruno Coboclo is not a starter, or even a bench player on 30 NBA squads at this point. he may never be. He's just not really good at Basketball yet.

Donyell marshall??????

Dude that led a team to the NCAA championship and was a huge impact player in the NBA?

Yeah but what if Donyell was Brazillian?

Comment

Donyell marshall??????

Snooch wrote: View Post
                    Already Powell is 10X the player that Bruno is.

Powell

A second round pick
                    Exactly. I find the whole thing a bit frustrating. The best scenario for Bruno is that he starts showing a modicum of potential for the 905's and is packaged and shipped for a player who fills a need.

When has a player this raw ever become a player for the team who developed him? They're doing free development for someone else -- at multiple millions of dollars. Just ridiculous.

Comment

Donyell marshall??????

Who talked about him starting? We're talking about the position/role that he might start seeing minutes in. Donyell was a stretch-4 coming off the bench for much of his career, he's not incomparable.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        Already Powell is 10X the player that Bruno is.

Powell

A second round pick
                        Powell is 2 and a half years older, and is now (ie after owning summer league) considered a very good prospect.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Powell is 2 and a half years older, and is now (ie after owning summer league) considered a very good prospect.
                          Bruno is a hell of a lot longer than 2 years behind Powell in his development. Also, Powell has been in an amateur who had to go to classes while Bruno has essentially been a pro for the past 2 years.

Let's say Bruno makes serious steps the next 2 seasons. He'll be coming to his first potentially big contract. Do you think the Raps get a hometown discount if a bunch of other teams make bids? No? should they overpay to keep him when his agent, and other teams intentionally drive up his contract price? No? In 2 years will he be worth a 5 year contract? If not, who cares about Bird Rights and what not?

Stop developing other teams' players. That's what the old Raps used to do.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            Exactly. I find the whole thing a bit frustrating. The best scenario for Bruno is that he starts showing a modicum of potential for the 905's and is packaged and shipped for a player who fills a need.

When has a player this raw ever become a player for the team who developed him? They're doing free development for someone else -- at multiple millions of dollars. Just ridiculous.
                            Holy lack of patience batman. Do you want a robust development program or not? Now that we've got the 905 we can accelerate his education and actually watch it ourselves for once.

Al Harrington and Rashard Lewis and T-mac, though probably not as raw as the young Brazilian thanks to USA highschool ball, are the ??? highschool prospects that paid off for the teams that drafted them. Both were in that 3/4 combo-forward mold, as were some of the guys that didn't make it, either: due to health problems with D-Miles, Bender (like AB, he turned out to be more of a center prospect than a 3 before the knees did him in); or outright flops like Ndudi Ebi. Of course a lot of the rawest players are generally bigs - Andrew Bynum comes to mind there.

But imagine if he did make strides ala Tmac as his finishes his rookie contract. It's almost ok if he takes time to come of age, we'll be able to lock him up for a nominal amount while he's just scratching the surface at age 22. With the salary of a #20, he's arguably terrific developmental value. He's a completely different kind of player (calibre of as well, presumably) in terms of ball skills and explosiveness, but lets not forget how many careers length+shooting+acceptable defense have enabled over the years.

It still strikes me as a worthwhile gamble, but that's exercising a good deal of patience putting a good deal of faith in our training staff. But I'm someone who wanted Damien Inglis and Kyle Anderson, both players with similarly intriguing potential in that 3-4 mold.

With Bruno's length, athleticism, and shooting ability, there's still a very good chance that he starts producing in his rookie contract.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Bruno is a hell of a lot longer than 2 years behind Powell in his development. Also, Powell has been in an amateur who had to go to classes while Bruno has essentially been a pro for the past 2 years.

Let's say Bruno makes serious steps the next 2 seasons. He'll be coming to his first potentially big contract. Do you think the Raps get a hometown discount if a bunch of other teams make bids? No? should they overpay to keep him when his agent, and other teams intentionally drive up his contract price? No? In 2 years will he be worth a 5 year contract? If not, who cares about Bird Rights and what not?

Stop developing other teams' players. That's what the old Raps used to do.
                              If you're really that concerned Bruno will develop enough over his rookie contract to warrant sizable offers on the market, I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• Bruno's rookie contract is like college for him, learning English, studying the game, practicing and gaining weight. now he gets to play better competition with nba rules than he would in college, with all the help he needs to succeed.
                                Coming out of his rookie contract I don't think it's unreasonable to assume we see a guy who understands the game, and can shoot threes. That coupled with his natural gifts should at minimum make his floor a solid bench rotation player.
                                He could be a lot more than that though

Comment

Working...
                                X