Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Chill out? I'm not screaming. More importantly, I'm consistent. People talk about why Toronto can't afford to fit people under the cap, well the way you have space for 10 million dollar contracts is efficiently assessing personnel. If people can call for a far more superior player like DD to be moved -- who would be a hell of a lot more difficult to replace in the current market -- why can't I conclude that it would be better, cheaper easier and more efficient to replace Bruno for a player who fits a need?

He brings nothing to the table, he lacks talent, and costs more to pay than his actual value.

Pretty straight forward to me.
    how many 15th men on nba rosters bring something of actual value
    on most teams its just some guy who has a bad contract and is just waiting to be out of the league
    and who would be be bringing in to fill a need on this team that was available? we've pretty much filled them all for now in the first 10ish roster spots

and how many picks after 20 are guys with actual value, like 5? there is a very low chance that anybody turns into anything, why not keep swinging for the fences until you get a hit, while in the meantime getting the same level of production on the court, zero.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
      how many 15th men on nba rosters bring something of actual value
      on most teams its just some guy who has a bad contract and is just waiting to be out of the league
      and who would be be bringing in to fill a need on this team that was available? we've pretty much filled them all for now in the first 10ish roster spots

How many 15th players provide value?

So what you're saying is that the Raps should settle for mediocrity because that's what other teams do? That sounds more rational than trying to have players of value at all positions? Paying someone over a million dollars who isn't worth that much makes sense to you?

and how many picks after 20 are guys with actual value, like 5? there is a very low chance that anybody turns into anything, why not keep swinging for the fences until you get a hit, while in the meantime getting the same level of production on the court, zero.
      My apologies for wanting a team that wants fair value paid for each player and demands excellence at all positions instead of consistently doing what other teams do and sticking with mediocrity.

There are only so many legit superstars available. If the Raps actually want to win they can't waste money on overvalued players. If they want a $1 mill player, then have a player who is worth that (or more) and pay him that. Underpay, or pay real market value, don't overpay.

I don't get what's so complicated about what I'm saying. Bruno is over paid and over valued, so move him while he his perceived value is high. Sentiment is why ML fans get in an uproar about certain players potentially being traded but then whine that the team sucks. I'm sure Bruno is a great guy who buys everyone on this thread drinks -- so what. It's a business. The paying customers want a better product and moving him is a logical step to make an improvement (albeit a small one). To me it's pretty simple and straight forward.

I have nothing against where he was drafted and Masai selecting him. I'm sure Masai picked him believing that he was fair value in what looks like was a mediocre draft. That's over a year ago. Since then the Raps have drafted 2 players that are superior to him and there is limited roster space to keep all 3 plus Bebe. Of the 4, who is the least developed? Bruno.

It was Bruno's agent who decided to keep a green player's name in the lottery, not me. All I'm saying is, get value while you can. More importantly, spend that money somewhere, or on someone who can benefit the team while they're window to succeed is still open.

Comment

• Limited roster space? How so?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Let's play a fun game about evaluating a player who doesn't get minutes his first season.

Eeeeeevaluate that player!

Hi, I am a basketball player who in my first year, at 18 years old, played in a grand total of 3 games, for 39 minutes in all. I totalled 20 points and 4 rebounds in that time (these numbers are comparable to the per minute rates that Bruno managed, not that it matters at all in that small a sample).

Who am I? And will I have a successful career?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I love Bruno. When he starts dropping 25 ppg on old-Lebron, I will be wearing a Caboclo 905 jersey and my Brazilian boxer shorts.

#ChargingUpMyMoustache

Last edited by S.R.; Mon Sep 21, 2015, 11:02 PM.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I knew Raptors fans disagreed on a LOT of stuff, but I thought Masai's development program was something that we could all come together on. To have Bruno/Powell/Wright/Bebe on the d-train for a total of 6 mill or so is so gold to me, just fantastic development-value.

I understand some skepticism because as others have mentioned above, we haven't seen anything yet. However, we get to start seeing in a couple weeks here, and there's good reason to be excited, 'bout Bruno and the rest of the D-squad.

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Sep 22, 2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• If we're going to maximize value from ever player. Then why keep JV around? He's not gonna be good enough next season to command 16mill a year.

How about Cojo? He's also not worth his 7.5Mill this season

How about Tross?

A team succeeding has nothing to do with who they're 15th man is.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Bruno was drafted at #20

The notables drafted after him include: Kyle Anderson, Rodney Hood, Clint Capela (same boat as Bruno), KJ McDaniels

None of those guys have proven anything yet either so I think a little less doomsaying on Bruno is advised.

He needs time and some playing time down in the 905. The 905 is essentially going to be his college equivalent year
                  This post should pretty much end the discussion on near-term Bruno expectations. Long-term, we still can dream....

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    If we're going to maximize value from ever player. Then why keep JV around? He's not gonna be good enough next season to command 16mill a year.

How about Cojo? He's also not worth his 7.5Mill this season

How about Tross?

A team succeeding has nothing to do with who they're 15th man is.
                    How is JV not going to be worth 16 mil, and Joseph will more than earn his 7.5 mil, his numbers may not jump out but his value will be felt.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Guys, Bruno's essentially a rookie CIS guy right now.

Give him the year, then see how far along he is.... and reevaluate what his potential is.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Guys, Bruno's essentially a rookie CIS guy right now.

Give him the year, then see how far along he is.... and reevaluate what his potential is.
                        I agree, he is a four year project after all. However by the end of year 3, he needs to show a little bit of something something at the NBA level to justify year 4. This year he needs to show something something in the D league half way through to justify continuing his development. A mediocre stint in the D league with the 905's where conditions are there for him to succeed by setting up plays specifically for him (unlike the short stint he had with The Mad Ants) will be a bad sign.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          I agree, he is a four year project after all. However by the end of year 3, he needs to show a little bit of something something at the NBA level to justify year 4. This year he needs to show something something in the D league half way through to justify continuing his development. A mediocre stint in the D league with the 905's where conditions are there for him to succeed by setting up plays specifically for him (unlike the short stint he had with The Mad Ants) will be a bad sign.
                          He's not gonna be good off the bat even in DLeague but by the end of the season we should see improvement
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            My point is that they need to trade Bruno while he actually has value. Bargs probably should have been moved early in that 2nd contract. Bruno needs to be moved now if winning trades means anything. This is when his potential is overwhelming his real value as a player.
                            I disagree with your point...to a large degree. If you draft the personification of wingspan and he blows up after you trade him, you never live it down. If he really starts to take a downward trend you just drop him or trade him for a second round pick. He has almost no value currently
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              I'm not getting the Bruno disdain here.

Masai has always said the 3rd string is to develop youth. Bruno is young.

Towns is actually just 2 months younger than Bruno.

Bruno could very well have been a rookie this season.

Last season was to work on the language, his skills, and get stronger.

NO QUESTION he needs to play games. That is what he is missing.

I'd rather see Masai take a gamble on a 6'9", 7'7" wingspan who can stroke the 3 than almost anyone.

Reality is Raps control him for at least another 4 seasons. Who knows what could happen?

VERY VERY low risk with a high reward.

He likely never amounts to anything but there is always a chance.

Dleague team and chance to play will change everything.

Dont' forget Lance Stephenson bascially didn't play for 2 years and then he became a rotational player in year 3 and a triple double threat in year 4.

The Bruno experiment is 1 year in - chill.
                              Ya but fuck that man.
                              If all we read were posts like yours, that are clearly in rality mode....there would be no disdain.... but guys here talk about this guy in a much different way.... as if he were a star an ready for the big time. Its ridiculous, I have watched his games, a lot, he can shoot a bit, but thats it.... he is more green than a lot of High School players.... speaking about his "role" is crazy to me. And comparisons to Donyell Marshall????? Holy shit man.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                The previous Raps GM held onto an enigma who he drafted first overall, signed to a 10M per year five year extension after he'd been given 4 years of consistent play in the NBA and had shown clearly that he didn't belong in the NBA. Somehow I find the parallel to Bruno (literally one year into his rookie scale deal, with practically zero NBA minutes) a little confusing.
                                Except that he ha sno NBA minutes because he has no, and I mean NO right even wearing an NBA jersey. Bargnani had all the talent in the world...his head was his issue.

coboclo, lets face it, was a game, a race to a gamble on a kid that they didnt want other guys to pick up and catch a flyer on. He's fucking terrible.

If they wanna develop him, cool, I'm ok with that, but I dont like being told I'm wrong for looking at this with a little logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X