No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He didn't stand out negatively too much so that was a plus.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Nope. Game not being televised. FUCK ITS NOT LIKE WE HAVEN'T BEEN WAITING SINCE FUCKING APRIL TO WATCH RAPTORS BASKETBALL ITS COOL DON'T SHOW THE GAMES WE DONT CARE... pricks.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Rex just gonna keep hating.

Bruno looked very good out there, you can just see how much he studies the game. This was good for him, and I cannot wait to see him here next year as our backup 3.
        What game were you watching, this guy still looks like he has never quite played a game of basketball in his life.

coboclo is a stiff.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          What game were you watching, this guy still looks like he has never quite played a game of basketball in his life.

coboclo is a stiff.
          But he is a very lengthy stiff who moves well for his size.

All he needs to be able to do is shoot and play defense and he will make a lot of money in the NBA.

Think longer, better shooting version of Kirilinko as his goal

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            But he is a very lengthy stiff who moves well for his size.

All he needs to be able to do is shoot and play defense and he will make a lot of money in the NBA.

Think longer, better shooting version of Kirilinko as his goal
            He'll never be a defender, passer that AK was but something in same mold.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              He'll never be a defender, passer that AK was but something in same mold.
              What makes you (and others) state so certainly that he will never amount to "x"? Just curious what you see that makes you think that.

I see a huge improvement just from his limited time last year to this years preseason in terms of understanding the court and player positioning to give me some hope. He is moving better, showing some ability to leverage his length and showing some strength in his defense.

Don't get me wrong he still has miles to go before he even becomes a NBA rotation player, but to improve as much as he has in the past year gives me hope of what might be accomplished in a year where he can play regular minutes.

Just wondering what makes others think he has ceiling at this point?

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                What makes you (and others) state so certainly that he will never amount to "x"? Just curious what you see that makes you think that.

I see a huge improvement just from his limited time last year to this years preseason in terms of understanding the court and player positioning to give me some hope. He is moving better, showing some ability to leverage his length and showing some strength in his defense.

Don't get me wrong he still has miles to go before he even becomes a NBA rotation player, but to improve as much as he has in the past year gives me hope of what might be accomplished in a year where he can play regular minutes.

Just wondering what makes others think he has ceiling at this point?
                AK averaged 3 blocks and 1.5-1.7 steals at one point. Now that's not always good indicator of good defense but we know AK was a pest defensively. He average 8 rebounds couple of seasons as well. He was good passer too. Just all around great player. He had 5 x 5 a couple of times. I don't think Bruno has that same mobility and quick jump that AK had. Bball IQ is definitely not there. You could say "oh that's coaching" well I don't expect miracles from that department. I'm just thinking of most likely outcome.

Bruno will (probably already is) be a better shooter from 3 point line though.

Comment

AK averaged 3 blocks and 1.5-1.7 steals at one point. Now that's not always good indicator of good defense but we know AK was a pest defensively. He average 8 rebounds couple of seasons as well. He was good passer too. Just all around great player. He had 5 x 5 a couple of times. I don't think Bruno has that same mobility and quick jump that AK had. Bball IQ is definitely not there. You could say "oh that's coaching" well I don't expect miracles from that department. I'm just thinking of most likely outcome.

For any kind of valid comparison, we'll have to wait and see what Bruno can do at the age of 20, which is how old AK was as a rook. Even then, I think Kirilenko had been playing pro at a pretty high level. Still, in terms of length and mobility, AK does stand out as one of the only comparisons for Bruno, even if he's not entirely likely to get to that elite level defensively, and offers vastly superior range.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

coboclo is a stiff.
                    This.

Whenever he catches the ball, he always tries to go 1 on 1 even though he has ZERO handles. You just know he's going to turn the ball over. Bball IQ through the roof. Bargnani like.

He's very slow(stiff). He moves very AWKWARDLY like he has no idea what he's doing. There's no way this guy could defend an NBA smal forward. IF and that's a big IF he ever plays MEANINGFUL mins in the NBA it'd be as a 4.
                    Last edited by The Great One; Tue Oct 6, 2015, 05:06 PM.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ahh ok, so you believe from a physical standpoint he won't have the same tools as AK. I can respect that.

I'm hoping that a couple more years under a professional development plan for both his game and his physique are going to help to improve that. It's hard to say where he's going to top out at considering he hasn't ever had anything that resembles even a semi-pro level of development on either front. I think that makes it hard to judge where he can end up.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        This.

Whenever he catches the ball, he always tries to go 1 on 1 even though he has ZERO handles. You just know he's going to turn the ball over. Bball IQ through the roof. Bargnani like.

He's very slow(stiff). He moves very AWKWARDLY like he has no idea what he's doing. There's no way this guy could defend an NBA smal forward. IF and that's a big IF he ever plays MEANINGFUL mins in the NBA it'd be as a 4.
                        Mallarkey. I can't remember who he was guarding, but I saw him defending NBA small forwards vs. the Clips, and he looked pretty quick and competent while doing so.

Comment

• He guarded Stephenson and I think Branden Dawson.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You haters need to watch what you type. Bruno is an assassin and he will come to your house at night and hit you with a dagger from deep.

#SlenderMan
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              You haters need to watch what you type. Bruno is an assassin and he will come to your house at night and hit you with a dagger from deep.

#SlenderMan
                              Dude needs to get into Boxing or MMA with that kind of reach how the hell would you be able to hit him or duck him in a fight?!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                This.

I think the DD influence is clear. Hopefully when KD comes over next year, Bruno will forget DD and learn from KD.
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X