Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Height doesn't matter in the NBA. Its all about length. Were talking about back up 3s as well. When it comes to length I think they both have 7 foot wingspan.
    Height does matter, there are no 6'4 SF. But yeah, I suppose you are right, length matters more than height, and I doubt Casey is stupid enough (I hope) to make Powell guard Lebron, KD, Melo or so on.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Height does matter, there are no 6'4 SF. But yeah, I suppose you are right, length matters more than height, and I doubt Casey is stupid enough (I hope) to make Powell guard Lebron, KD, Melo or so on.
      Tony Allen?

Guards toughest wing matchup.

Does that count?

....but overall I agree with you.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Bruno looked pretty good on D minus getting over some screens vs Clippers.

He was guarding Stephenson and Rivers at times and made it tough to make passes and get clean looks.

Those arms are dangerous.
        Kobe air balled a 3 trying to shoot over Bruno in the second quarter of the Lakers game.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

When its only like 2 inch. It really doesn't. Its more about your wingspan. No one blocks shots with their head.
          They score over your "equal" length with the higher centre of gravity and likely extra weight being bigger gives you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Kobe air balled a 3 trying to shoot over Bruno in the second quarter of the Lakers game.
            And I don't recall who was shooting, but in the first few minutes Bruno saw in preseason game 1 he blocked a 3 point attempt a la Jame Johnson.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              And I don't recall who was shooting, but in the first few minutes Bruno saw in preseason game 1 he blocked a 3 point attempt a la Jame Johnson.
              Bruno blocked Lance Stephenson
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Tony Allen?

Guards toughest wing matchup.

Does that count?

....but overall I agree with you.
                Tony Allen is a SG, though he does play SF at times, his natural position is SG. Plus his defense is so great to the point where he is capable of guarding bigger players. Powell is just a rookie, if he ever gets to that point, then I wouldn't care if he plays SF.

Comment

• PJ Tucker was measure at 6'5" at the draft combine back in 06
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Height doesn't matter in the NBA. Its all about length. Were talking about back up 3s as well. When it comes to length I think they both have 7 foot wingspan.
                    Height matters. Tall guards have an advantage seeing over defenders, likewise shorter guards don't obstruct vision. Forwards length is more important because most are 6'8"+ anyway and they contest shots. Guards playing the ball need some height and size. Lou had really long arms but his height and build made him a liability on D except when picking off passes

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Height matters. Tall guards have an advantage seeing over defenders, likewise shorter guards don't obstruct vision. Forwards length is more important because most are 6'8"+ anyway and they contest shots. Guards playing the ball need some height and size. Lou had really long arms but his height and build made him a liability on D except when picking off passes
                      It does matter but, not as much when you have the length to make up for it. For instance Powell is longer than Carroll, DD and Ross. Like I said were talking about back 3s as well.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It does matter but, not as much when you have the length to make up for it. For instance Powell is longer than Carroll, DD and Ross. Like I said were talking about back 3s as well.
                        Powell is long but his shorter height hurts defending point forwards after the catch. Tony Allen prevented KD from getting the ball but once Durant had the ball he's pretty much defenseless.

It might work but don't know why Casey insists on playing guys undersized and out of position. Powell could defend SF really well with 150% effort or DC or JJ could do it with 90% with the same result

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Powell is long but his shorter height hurts defending point forwards after the catch. Tony Allen prevented KD from getting the ball but once Durant had the ball he's pretty much defenseless.

It might work but don't know why Casey insists on playing guys undersized and out of position. Powell could defend SF really well with 150% effort or DC or JJ could do it with 90% with the same result
                          Once again its back up 3s. I don't think a lot of teams would be running there sets through a back up small forward. The back up 3(Powell/Bruno) would probably play like 10 minutes a game. Obviously Casey doesn't want to play JJ there cause of his lack of shooting ability. Also you can negate a player from seeing over you if you keep your hands up and active. Its really not that big of a deal.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just another demonstration that if Casey has a chance to play someone out of position, he jumps all over it.

Should we use our PF's to play PF and our backup SF to backup the SF spot? Why do that when you can create an unnecessarily crowded front court rotation AND play a rookie shooting guard major minutes against players he is too small to effectively defend?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Once again its back up 3s. I don't think a lot of teams would be running there sets through a back up small forward. The back up 3(Powell/Bruno) would probably play like 10 minutes a game. Obviously Casey doesn't want to play JJ there cause of his lack of shooting ability. Also you can negate a player from seeing over you if you keep your hands up and active. Its really not that big of a deal.
                              Can't think of any situation where Powell is a SF considering he also hasn't shown any special rebounding ability or any skills that are used by forwards. He would be the SG or just a Wing playing with two other guards

Comment

• In recent practice vid Casey named only three possible SFs: Carroll, Bruno, Axel Toupane. I don't think he considers Powell a 3.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X