No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most reasonable plan seems to be starting him in the D League (or even as the backup 3 on the big club for arguments sake) and then making further decisions based on how he actually performs in the situation.

Part of the appeal of the D League is that you can demote/call down players very fluidly. There's no need to try and map out Bruno's development plan for six months unnecessarily. It should, and I assume will, be quite flexible depending on how he and the team performs throughout the year.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Call up Bruno only if he torching it in the DL.

Use JJ as your 3/4 backup, along with Bennett depending on the match-up.

My thoughts anyways.

Bruno shouldn't be playing NBA minutes unless it's at the end of the year and he's ready. Then... he'll be a fresh leg option for us in the playoffs.
      Well JJ is the obvious choice, but maybe he's still in Casey's doghouse.

Beyond that I don't know why Bennett would be given a chance over anyone else. So far Bennett has not accomplished anything. He's also not been very good at the 3. Bruno may also be more "ready" to step into a limited 3&D type role. Bennett is not a standout shooter nor is he good defensively.

Bennett has classic tweener problems to overcome, and I just don't see a role for him until he at least becomes a consistent mismatch issue on offence. Then at least he has real bench scorer, maybe 6th man potential. He seems a long way from that right now. And he just doesn't do enough other things well at the moment.

And if it's going to be the guy who plays best earns minutes, maybe that ends up being Wright, and we don't really use a SF bigger than Carroll, instead opting for more 2 PG lineups.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Well JJ is the obvious choice, but maybe he's still in Casey's doghouse.

Beyond that I don't know why Bennett would be given a chance over anyone else. So far Bennett has not accomplished anything. He's also not been very good at the 3. Bruno may also be more "ready" to step into a limited 3&D type role. Bennett is not a standout shooter nor is he good defensively.

Bennett has classic tweener problems to overcome, and I just don't see a role for him until he at least becomes a consistent mismatch issue on offence. Then at least he has real bench scorer, maybe 6th man potential. He seems a long way from that right now. And he just doesn't do enough other things well at the moment.

And if it's going to be the guy who plays best earns minutes, maybe that ends up being Wright, and we don't really use a SF bigger than Carroll, instead opting for more 2 PG lineups.
        Well, if Casey doesn't want to play JJ here, AB would be the best fit size wise. Also, he's slowly added a jumper to his game.... the best way to improve that might be minutes at the 3. His ability to drive will also be useful at SF IMO.

The real issue with Bennett is that he doesn't fit into a real role. He could probably play multiple positions, all he needs is the confidence. I think Casey gives him that chance... and hopefully, Bennett doesn't let the media get to him like Ross.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Okay I get that point as well no question. My question is though, if Casey sticks to what he's been saying and doesn't play JJ at the 3 at all who is going to be our back up 3 if you don't want it to be Bruno? All of you guys are just assuming Casey is bullshitting and is going to play JJ there but if you know him he's pretty crazy and I can so see him keeping his word. He never does the most logical thing with anything he does coaching wise. Anyone else we play there will be playing out of position which none of us want, so I'm just not getting the solution here other than play Bruno, which isn't the worst thing in the world really.
          I'd argue that if anything (given the assumption that JJ is out of backup 3 roll), Casey just goes to a 9-man rotation and DeMar covers those backup minutes. I know people want to play bigger at that spot, but keep in mind that we have been starting DeMar and Ross together for a good while there, with significant success to boot. That would leave basically a half-role at the forward spots to be rotated between JJ, Bruno, and Bennett.

Comment

• AB is a 4. He doesn't have quickness to guard SFs. I guess it's Axel Toupane's time to shine.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              AB is a 4. He doesn't have quickness to guard SFs. I guess it's Axel Toupane's time to shine.
              In the D-league? there isn't a roster spot for him on the main team.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                In the D-league? there isn't a roster spot for him on the main team.
                We got a bunch of those dudes. Don't know how much spots we got. Is AB final 15th?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  We got a bunch of those dudes. Don't know how much spots we got. Is AB final 15th?
                  Yes, Bennett took the 15th spot.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Well, if Casey doesn't want to play JJ here, AB would be the best fit size wise. Also, he's slowly added a jumper to his game.... the best way to improve that might be minutes at the 3. His ability to drive will also be useful at SF IMO.

The real issue with Bennett is that he doesn't fit into a real role. He could probably play multiple positions, all he needs is the confidence. I think Casey gives him that chance... and hopefully, Bennett doesn't let the media get to him like Ross.
                    I don't think he has the speed or shot, at least at the moment, to put pressure on SFs.

And that ties into role. How does he fit? Can he fit with guys we've got?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Man, this smells of dirty politics here. Publicly stating that the obvious backup SF is now 3rd on the depth chart at PF? And Bruno or Powell are now ahead of JJ as the backup SF? WTF. Never mind that JJ is a veteran. Can we just trade JJ already and end this charade? This looks nothing more than a preemptive strike against the inevitable #FreeJJ backlash so Casey can justify nailing him to the bench.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Man, this smells of dirty politics here. Publicly stating that the obvious backup SF is now 3rd on the depth chart at PF? And Bruno or Powell are now ahead of JJ as the backup SF? WTF. Never mind that JJ is a veteran. Can we just trade JJ already and end this charade? This looks nothing more than a preemptive strike against the inevitable #FreeJJ backlash so Casey can justify nailing him to the bench.
                        It's really annoying. I really want them to just trade him so he can be free and we won't have to worry about him not getting playing time. Casey is just so ridiculous. I can't wait until he's gone for good
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          It's really annoying. I really want them to just trade him so he can be free and we won't have to worry about him not getting playing time. Casey is just so ridiculous. I can't wait until he's gone for good
                          So now we're upset at Casey finding developmental minutes for youngsters over veterans (in the preseason at that)? Hard to keep everything straight.

Comment

• Everything, good and bad, about Bruno displayed in this sequence:

Good:

He gets out and runs on break
                            freak arms snags ball out of air
                            Finishes with dunk on break

Bad:

Commits turnover on outlet (poor decision)

Good:

Blocks KAT dunk attempt (more length)

It might take another year or two but he is going to be good at minimum.

Comment

• The talent is there, but the skills are not. The basketball IQ is even further off. Hope he enjoyed playing Minnesota because he'll see more teams like that in the D-League. He's got a real opportunity to be good, but needs heavy minutes in D-League to get caught up.

Comment

• I'd say he needs about 4 years

Comment

Working...
                                X