Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    It's not lack of patience. It's looking at the present team and deciding whose development can you wait for and whose development does not match the available window for success for the team. This isn't the Celtics (who I love, and has a much wider window than the Raps). This isn't the Sixers (whose window hasn't even opened up yet). This is a team that has hit its stride during a downturn in its conference (which is improving rapidly) and whose most important player is its oldest starter.

I refuse to imagine anything, because I don't have to. I can look at his progress beside other similar players and look at his rate of improvement. His D League play was atrocious. His second Summer League he played at the level of a slightly above average Summer League rookie (which marked significant growth for him, but not for a first round draft pick).

There's also an incredibly long and embarrassing history of the Raptors drafting players, developing them and then having them move to other teams in the NBA and/or Europe.

"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it."

His contract jumps to $2 mill in 2 seasons and I believe a cap hold of 3 the next year. For what? What does Bruno provide that a smart scout couldn't find in the French pro league, for the league minimum?

Fans can't demand playoff improvement on one end and then have prospects that shouldn't play even 5 minutes on a legit playoff team on the other.

I don't care where players come from. I came from an island 20 square miles and I played at a time that 5 kids got division 1 scholarships, a bunch of guys played CIS and division 2 and 3. All those guys had more tools than this guy has. No one thought they were NBA players (rightfully so) but they were found and scouted. Being from Brazil and having zero BBIQ is not a valid excuse.

Sadly, now its all about potential. People get sold on things that have nothing to do with basketball. Masai can take advantage of that, develop the kid enough to turn him into fools gold, or he can keep him and be fooled himself.

The Raps last GM lost his job because he held on to an enigma for too long at too much money. You would think that people here would have learned from that.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Primary backup SF by next season
      He'll benefit from playing in Mississauga. He should make a huge jump in awareness from extended play on a team playing games vs skills in practice scrimmages.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        He's an athletic, 6'9 (still growing?), 20(!!!!) year old, with a 7'6 wingspan and a d-league team to himself. Stfu and lets see where this goes.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          He's an athletic, 6'9 (still growing?), 20(!!!!) year old, with a 7'6 wingspan and a d-league team to himself. Stfu and lets see where this goes.
          i think skywalker was amazed at the post he quoted not endorsing it.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            i think skywalker was amazed at the post he quoted not endorsing it.
            lol. oops.

Comment

• you guys saw that behind the back reverse layup that Bruno did at scrimmage?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Highlights for who didnt watch

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/tea...GHTS.mp4-70585
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Thanks for the link. Someone please tell me those aren't the commentators for the 905 games...
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• Fantastic article about Bruno on sportsnet. Dude was playing with Chris Paul, Blake, Deandre and KD.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...the-long-game/
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Fantastic article about Bruno on sportsnet. Dude was playing with Chris Paul, Blake, Deandre and KD.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...the-long-game/
                      Great article. This is just what you want to read about the kid.

Comment

• Greivis Vasquez, a frequent spectator, saw the value in Johnson putting Caboclo through the wringer: “Those games were important for Bruno. Any time you have to go against a crazy motherf—-r like James Johnson, it’s going to force you to get better.” Caboclo laughs at Vasquez’s analysis before acknowledging that, save for Nogueira and Ross, his closest friends on the team, no player helped him more in his first season than Johnson. The Tournament couldn’t replicate game experience, but it was the best the Raptors could do.
                        Splendid

Comment

• I really like James Johnson, but you really have to appreciate and applaud him for helping Bruno out

#FreeJJ

Comment

• Bruno had 16 points 13 rebounds 4 assists and 3 steals in 32 minutes of action in the first raptors 905 game. He went 6/16 from the field and 2/9 from 3

Not bad for someone still 1 year from being 2 years away

Full box score here: http://dleague.nba.com/games/20151114/RAPFWN/
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                Bruno had 16 points 13 rebounds 4 assists and 3 steals in 32 minutes of action in the first raptors 905 game. He went 6/16 from the field and 2/9 from 3

Not bad for someone still 1 year from being 2 years away

Full box score here: http://dleague.nba.com/games/20151114/RAPFWN/
                                One word - DLeague.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X