No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting myself a custom Bruno coffee mug for Christmas. I'll drink hot chocolate in it all winter long and yell "Bruno!!!" after every sip.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I just started seriously contemplating naming my (hypothetical) first born son Bruno.

Comment

• He really is like Mr Fantastic when closing out on shooters or reaching into passing lanes. I think he's going to be one of those fun-to-watch defense players (my personal fave being Scotty Pippen).

Comment

• Through two games Bruno has already played more D-League minutes this season than he did in his 7 appearances last year.

In fact, if you are counting summer league, preseason, NBA, and D-League, Bruno has already played more minutes this year than last.

2014-15: 285 combined minutes
          2015-16: 300 combined minutes
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I'm getting myself a custom Bruno coffee mug for Christmas. I'll drink hot chocolate in it all winter long and yell "Bruno!!!" after every sip.
            Bruno Cocoa-lo?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Again, i just don't see an NBA player there. I don't see any NBA player qualities. He's not a good shooter(don't know what Cody is talking about), he's not even that athletic, he's got Bargnani like awareness( way worse IMO). I can go on and on.

The only thing he's got going for him is he's got freakishly long arms. That's it.
              Ridiculous comment. It's not about him being a good shooter now, no 20 year old is a good shooter. He has the fundamentals to build on to become a good shooter. He needs in game reps to learn where his spots are and when to take his shot. It's not going to be pretty watching it but it doesn't just come over night.

He is active on defense and doesn't back down from contact. He was brawling with Rakeem Christmas on multiple consecutive possessions and refused to back down. Bargnani would never in a million years do that.

His so called "lack of awareness" could also be that the game is too fast for him. Once it slows down (again through experience) you will be able to make that judgement.

But to say you don't see any NBA skill in a guy that's played 500 professional minutes in his career is short sighted and close minded.

I'd ask you to go on and on, but it'd all be premature and unfounded so there's no point.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• The difference between Summer League 2014 and 2015 was quite evident.

The difference between D-League 2014/15 and D-League 2015/16 is also quite evident.... remarkably so.

Until he stops showing growth, I am not sure how anyone can put a ceiling on his potential at this time.

He is a very unique prospect in today's internet age as he was a relative unknown and he has limited experience.

Whatever happens, it is going to be interesting to follow his career.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  I just started seriously contemplating naming my (hypothetical) first born son Bruno.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    His shooting looks pretty damn silky in that highlight. Granted they aren't showing any of his misses, but he shot a good % from the Field and 3. He also made a nifty basket driving to the rim, something I didn't know he could do. I'm glad TRex is taking the opposing point of view, this thread would be boring if we all thought Bruno would become a good player. Now we get to say I told you so to each other approximately 50 times throughout the year, depending on what type of game he has.
                    haha

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Ridiculous comment. It's not about him being a good shooter now, no 20 year old is a good shooter. He has the fundamentals to build on to become a good shooter. He needs in game reps to learn where his spots are and when to take his shot. It's not going to be pretty watching it but it doesn't just come over night.

He is active on defense and doesn't back down from contact. He was brawling with Rakeem Christmas on multiple consecutive possessions and refused to back down. Bargnani would never in a million years do that.

His so called "lack of awareness" could also be that the game is too fast for him. Once it slows down (again through experience) you will be able to make that judgement.

But to say you don't see any NBA skill in a guy that's played 500 professional minutes in his career is short sighted and close minded.

I'd ask you to go on and on, but it'd all be premature and unfounded so there's no point.
                      I can tell immediately if a player can play or not just by watching them play for the first time.

When i first saw Vince and Damon play for the first time, i knew they're special.

When i first saw T-Mac and Bosh play for the first time, my first thought was VERY RAW, but have all the potential/tools to be really good/special in a couple of years.

Bargnani - So much hype. After the draft all i hear about was "the next Dirk Nowitzki" i gotta be honest Bargs was pretty IMPRESSIVE in his rookie year. But unlike others i didn't see any Dirk Nowitzki in him lol. Mehmet Okur was the guy that he kept reminding me of whenever i watch him play during his early years.

Bargnani obviously didn't live up to the fans expectations(shocker). The same fans that were supporting/hyping him back in the days are now the same guys that are shitting on him smh.

Graham - "The next Ron Artest" lol. Another one of those overhyped Raptors prospect.

After the draft all i hear about was the next Ron Artest. Athletic 3 man who can really defend. When i first saw Graham play, my first reaction was, WTF!!! 1.) He's not that athletic 2.) he's very slow(stiff) and 3.) he's not really a good defender. The guy is nothing more than a big muscular dude who can dunk.

Ross - Another overhyped Raps prospect. So much better than DeRozan they say. Dude scored 51pts and all of a sudden he's "the future SG" lol. When i first saw him play, my first thought was, 6th man or a bench guy.

Just like Bargnani. The same guys that were hyping him up a couple of years ago are now shitting on him. What did i say a couple of years ago?

Jeffries - Remember him? Scottie Pippen potential! Come on man smh.

Bruno - Watching this guy play is like watching a 6 year old play basketball FOR THE FIRST TIME. He's terrible. I don't see any potential there, i don't see an NBA player there.

My prediction - he'd be out of the league in a couple of years.

Bookmark this thread.
                      Last edited by The Great One; Tue Nov 17, 2015, 03:44 PM.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I can tell immediately if a player can play or not just by watching them play for the first time...
                        You're giving up a lot of money by keeping your light hidden under a bushel basket.

Watch some March Madness, then post your predictions for the next two years. In four years you will be pulling down seven figures working as the advanced scout for the highest bidding NBA team that secures your services. Allow yourself to be lured away to another team for more money after a couple of years. Keep doing this for 10 years. And don't forget to place big money bets with bookies about who will make it in the NBA and who won't get their rookie contracts renewed.

We will tell everyone we knew you when.

Comment

• Derozan looked like he didn't belong his first year and Bosh had rough spots. Really with young players you want to see flashes because they have no consistency and very little playing time

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            You're giving up a lot of money by keeping your light hidden under a bushel basket.

Watch some March Madness, then post your predictions for the next two years. In four years you will be pulling down seven figures working as the advanced scout for the highest bidding NBA team that secures your services. Allow yourself to be lured away to another team for more money after a couple of years. Keep doing this for 10 years. And don't forget to place big money bets with bookies about who will make it in the NBA and who won't get their rookie contracts renewed.

We will tell everyone we knew you when.
                            I don't really watch college bball much. Not a fan of it. The game is too slow. I only watch it when there's a player that intrigues me.

I used to watch the Tar Heels play a lot when Harrison Barnes was there. KU when they had Andrew Wiggins.

Speaking of Barnes, i still think he has star potential. I don't think he will fulfill that potential though playing for teh Warriors.
                            Last edited by The Great One; Tue Nov 17, 2015, 04:24 PM.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't really watch college bball much. Not a fan of it. The game is too slow. I only watch it when there's a player that intrigues me.
                              But this is more or less the reason why everybody is dismissing your criticisms of Bruno. Realistically, Bruno is only at the point of being equivalent to a freshman college player in terms of overall experience. When you say "when I saw Vince and T-Mac for the first time I knew they were special," you're talking about players who were much further along in their development tracks than Bruno currently is. I mean, hell, Vince was 21 when he played his first Raptors game.

The drafting of Bruno was simply the Raptors gambling that a player with excellent physical tools and little basketball experience could be turned into - at minimum - a solid rotation wing, which is about what you can expect to get with a #20 pick. Looking at Bruno's current development track, there's every reason to believe that the Raptors will at least get that minimum, and probably more.

Comment

I can tell immediately if a player can play or not just by watching them play for the first time.

When i first saw Vince and Damon play for the first time, i knew they're special.

When i first saw T-Mac and Bosh play for the first time, my first thought was VERY RAW, but have all the potential/tools to be really good/special in a couple of years.

Bargnani - So much hype. After the draft all i hear about was "the next Dirk Nowitzki" i gotta be honest Bargs was pretty IMPRESSIVE in his rookie year. But unlike others i didn't see any Dirk Nowitzki in him lol. Mehmet Okur was the guy that he kept reminding me of whenever i watch him play during his early years.

Bargnani obviously didn't live up to the fans expectations(shocker). The same fans that were supporting/hyping him back in the days are now the same guys that are shitting on him smh.

Graham - "The next Ron Artest" lol. Another one of those overhyped Raptors prospect.

After the draft all i hear about was the next Ron Artest. Athletic 3 man who can really defend. When i first saw Graham play, my first reaction was, WTF!!! 1.) He's not that athletic 2.) he's very slow(stiff) and 3.) he's not really a good defender. The guy is nothing more than a big muscular dude who can dunk.

Ross - Another overhyped Raps prospect. So much better than DeRozan they say. Dude scored 51pts and all of a sudden he's "the future SG" lol. When i first saw him play, my first thought was, 6th man or a bench guy.

Just like Bargnani. The same guys that were hyping him up a couple of years ago are now shitting on him. What did i say a couple of years ago?

Jeffries - Remember him? Scottie Pippen potential! Come on man smh.

Bruno - Watching this guy play is like watching a 6 year old play basketball FOR THE FIRST TIME. He's terrible. I don't see any potential there, i don't see an NBA player there.

My prediction - he'd be out of the league in a couple of years.

Bookmark this thread.
                                You're such a genius. Amazing. Raps should hire you.

I said from the get go Lebron would be great, so I have that on you.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X