No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, anyone else follow Bruno on Snapchat? It's pretty funny, although like 75% of it is him making fun of Sim Bhullar haha.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      Also, anyone else follow Bruno on Snapchat? It's pretty funny, although like 75% of it is him making fun of Sim Bhullar haha.
      Bruno's Snapchat is so funny. Him and Bizmack are apparently really good friends, Biz #1

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Has anyone seen any comment from the team about why we aren't giving Bruno spot minutes at the 3? If not now, when Carroll and JJ are injured... when?
        JJ replaced Carroll, now powell replaces JJ. Its a 9 man rotation and bruno ain't cracking that yet.

He's a half a year away from being 2 years away 😉
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• whats his username?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            JJ replaced Carroll, now powell replaces JJ. Its a 9 man rotation and bruno ain't cracking that yet.

He's a half a year away from being 2 years away ��
            I know you're kidding around, but what makes a guy ready?

Stanley Johnson is eight months younger than Bruno and has already logged 1,200 minutes. Justise Winslow is six months younger and has logged 1,300. Both play for playoff teams with winning records.

Bruno has 23 minutes last year and 2 minutes this year. You're not going to make any sort of progression with that.

It's curious because it feeds into the question of how we build. If we're going to not play our draft picks for half their rookie contracts, should we be using them instead in trade?

You could make the argument that Johnson and Winslow were more "blue-chip"-type prospects, but even our NBA-ready pick Wright has only logged 36 minutes.

Comment

• I
              Scraptor wrote: View Post

Stanley Johnson is eight months younger than Bruno and has already logged 1,200 minutes. Justise Winslow is six months younger and has logged 1,300. Both play for playoff teams with winning records.

Bruno has 23 minutes last year and 2 minutes this year. You're not going to make any sort of progression with that.

It's curious because it feeds into the question of how we build. If we're going to not play our draft picks for half their rookie contracts, should we be using them instead in trade?

You could make the argument that Johnson and Winslow were more "blue-chip"-type prospects, but even our NBA-ready pick Wright has only logged 36 minutes.

Just look at the frame on the two rookies you mentioned. They already possess a man's body. Add to that fact that they both played in major NCAA conferences and the competition level was head and shoulders above anything Bruno has ever played and you have your answer why he is not ready. Bruno does not even impress in the Dleague
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Or, you keep a stable of young talent at the back of your bench to replace guys who leave in free agency or are traded or get hurt.

In terms of minutes, the reality is that the Raps have 9 veteran guys (Lowry, DD, Carroll, Ross, Joseph, JV, Scola, PP, Biyombo) who are going to see the vast bulk of minutes and if they need a 10th guy it's going to be JJ. There just aren't a lot of minutes left to play with and you can't play guys for 5 minutes a night every two games and expect that to accomplish anything but fuck up your lineups. The other reality is that DD, Ross, JV, Carroll and likely Lowry are here for the long haul. Between adding a vet or two here or there you're only to have 1 or 2 rotation spots that are open for young players. It isn't college where you lose your best players every 2-3 years.

It will be terrific if, for example, when some team throws bags of money at Biyombo this offseason, Toronto can simply slide Bebe into the back-up 5 role or when JJ leaves that Powell or Bruno can step into that role. That's all you're looking for and if someone plays their way into the starting 5 then it's gravy. But this is not a rebuilding team that needs to fill 3 or 4 positions. It's mostly a team looking for competent role players to support it's stars and it already has all of those guys.

Comment

It's not an age thing, it's basketball experience. Johnson and Winslow have probably be playing basketball since they were 4 or 5 years old, and played competitive basketball basically their entire lives. Bruno didn't even touch a basketball until age 13, and didn't really play competitive basketball until he was 17. That's why he's so far behind.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Or, you keep a stable of young talent at the back of your bench to replace guys who leave in free agency or are traded or get hurt.

In terms of minutes, the reality is that the Raps have 9 veteran guys (Lowry, DD, Carroll, Ross, Joseph, JV, Scola, PP, Biyombo) who are going to see the vast bulk of minutes and if they need a 10th guy it's going to be JJ. There just aren't a lot of minutes left to play with and you can't play guys for 5 minutes a night every two games and expect that to accomplish anything but fuck up your lineups. The other reality is that DD, Ross, JV, Carroll and likely Lowry are here for the long haul. Between adding a vet or two here or there you're only to have 1 or 2 rotation spots that are open for young players. It isn't college where you lose your best players every 2-3 years.

It will be terrific if, for example, when some team throws bags of money at Biyombo this offseason, Toronto can simply slide Bebe into the back-up 5 role or when JJ leaves that Powell or Bruno can step into that role. That's all you're looking for and if someone plays their way into the starting 5 then it's gravy. But this is not a rebuilding team that needs to fill 3 or 4 positions. It's mostly a team looking for competent role players to support it's stars and it already has all of those guys.
                    Neither of my examples were of rebuilding teams. And I'm not saying all our young guys need to play heavy minutes to fill 3 or 4 positions.

I'm saying that of the 9-man rotation, should one spot be used for our prospects? What is the long-term advantage of playing Luis Scola and Bismack Biyombo 2,300 minutes to date when neither are likely to be here after this season?

I said the same thing last year with Lou Williams and Greivis Vasquez.

Giving minutes to players we control for the long-term is an investment that pays long-term dividends. If we're going to let those assets waste then it's an inefficient use of resources to keep them off the table for trades.

Comment

• I really hope Bruno meets them in Detroit and gets that 15 min start. His threat of shooting is needed, and he shouldn't give up too much in limited minutes

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                        I really hope Bruno meets them in Detroit and gets that 15 min start. His threat of shooting is needed, and he shouldn't give up too much in limited minutes
                        Will other teams stick close to Bruno though? Does SVG even know who he is? I guess all he has to do is hit a couple open ones but...this is all getting pretty theoretical.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          Will other teams stick close to Bruno though? Does SVG even know who he is? I guess all he has to do is hit a couple open ones but...this is all getting pretty theoretical.
                          He won't be scouted so it's an opportunity to have a decent game and catch them off guard

Comment

• Watching JJ work with Bruno just reaffirms how awesome JJ is. People like to shit on JJ and say that he's been in the doghouse everywhere he goes but since he's been back I've seen nothing but a consummate professional. Love that dude.

Also the obvious counter to the no-minutes-now argument is the value of this kind of work Bruno is getting with JJ. But I still think you need to play the game to best learn the game. That's how it slows down for you.

Comment

• Pretty sure JJ is a fan favourite
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Welp if we make a trade JJ is most likely going to be apart of it and if we don't I highly doubt we resign him in free agency, so you might as well not fall too in love lol.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X