• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    brunofeeh

I'm not on snap, got it off Reddit.
    It's actually BruYes.

Comment

• Has Bruno shown anything after a 1.5 years that he will turn into anything meaningful?

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
        Has Bruno shown anything after a 1.5 years that he will turn into anything meaningful?
        Yes. He's a, athletic 6'9-6'10 20 year old with a 7'6 wingspan, strong work ethic, and a silky jumper. Has shown good instincts on defense and has made strides with his consistency on that end of the floor. Needs to reign in his shot selection from what I've seen, but so do a lot of players.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          Yes. He's a, athletic 6'9-6'10 20 year old with a 7'6 wingspan, strong work ethic, and a silky jumper. Has shown good instincts on defense and has made strides with his consistency on that end of the floor. Needs to reign in his shot selection from what I've seen, but so do a lot of players.
          I think the D-League has grown his skills in leaps and bounds, but it's done some damage to his decision making by giving him too much free reign. Talent is clear, whether he can control it is less so.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
            Bruno really isn't that athletic from what I've seen.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              I think the D-League has grown his skills in leaps and bounds, but it's done some damage to his decision making by giving him too much free reign. Talent is clear, whether he can control it is less so.
              I agree. However, its hard for us to make the call of whether that is coaching staff or Bruno. The D-League isn't all about W's, it's about player development. Shots we may think are ill-advised could be the result of coaching staff telling him to go out there and work on those specific moves. He might just be getting reps trying different things on offense. Or, we may have another young Demar Derozan on our hands in terms of shot selection. Which, and many people may disagree with me, is not a bad thing.

tDotted wrote: View Post
              Bruno really isn't that athletic from what I've seen.
              I think his ridiculous length has a part to play in that. Of the little D-league action I've watched, it looks like Bruno has awesome lateral quickness for a guy of his height. His length also allows him to decently contest passing lanes and alter shots when he's caught somewhat out of position. As mentioned before, I think that when his decision making improves and becomes more consistent, we'll see his athleticism coming through.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                Has Bruno shown anything after a 1.5 years that he will turn into anything meaningful?
                In the DLeague this year has shown some NBA level skills.

He's taking 6.5 3PA per game and hitting 34% of them. That's a very good sign as his NBA role is likely a 3 and D SF and stretch 4.

He's rebounding well at 5.8 per game. Another good sign as he will be expected to contribute on the boards for the Raps.

He's playing good defense and getting a lot of blocks, 1.6 per game, and decent amount of steals at 1 per game.

He's also been taking care of the ball, only turning it over 2.2 times per game, despite heavy minutes and usage.

He's gotten a lot better as the year has gone on. I think it will be quite possible for him to slide into JJ's role next season, getting about 15 minutes per night at the 3 and 4. He'd just be expected to hit 3's, defend, and rebound, and he can do all of that.

12 more games for the Raptors905 this season, hopefully Bruno plays in all of them and continues to show growth.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  In the DLeague this year has shown some NBA level skills.

He's taking 6.5 3PA per game and hitting 34% of them. That's a very good sign as his NBA role is likely a 3 and D SF and stretch 4.

He's rebounding well at 5.8 per game. Another good sign as he will be expected to contribute on the boards for the Raps.

He's playing good defense and getting a lot of blocks, 1.6 per game, and decent amount of steals at 1 per game.

He's also been taking care of the ball, only turning it over 2.2 times per game, despite heavy minutes and usage.

He's gotten a lot better as the year has gone on. I think it will be quite possible for him to slide into JJ's role next season, getting about 15 minutes per night at the 3 and 4. He'd just be expected to hit 3's, defend, and rebound, and he can do all of that.

12 more games for the Raptors905 this season, hopefully Bruno plays in all of them and continues to show growth.
                  Just doesn't have the strength to guard NBA-level small forwards yet. He gets pushed around REAL easily, even when boxing out on the defensive boards.

I think this is his biggest issue right now.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Just doesn't have the strength to guard NBA-level small forwards yet. He gets pushed around REAL easily, even when boxing out on the defensive boards.

I think this is his biggest issue right now.
                    I feel he's trying to add weight, but it's hard when you're not used to conditioning like that.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Might just watch the 905 game tonight

Comment

• still too early to tell, he is so raw ... i really dont want to make a judgement for another 2 years

also in the end he was the 20th pick so i feel raps swung for the fences at 20, if it doesnt work out oh well, wasnt a lottery pick or anything substantial

Comment

• Bruno's stat line tonight:

29 pts, 10-17 FG, 5-7 3PT, 4-4 FT, 11 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl

Highest scoring and probably best DLeague game of his career. He's coming on strong to end the season. Looking better and better that he will be able to contribute next season.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Bruno's stat line tonight:

29 pts, 10-17 FG, 5-7 3PT, 4-4 FT, 11 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl

Highest scoring and probably best DLeague game of his career. He's coming on strong to end the season. Looking better and better that he will be able to contribute next season.
                              Powell may of had a better game, but he played within the flow of the game a lot more. Didn't really force anything. This is the first time that I've thought that Bruno has a chance to develop. Hopefully he follows it up with a solid performance. The D league and the coaching staff of the 905 have really helped his game. Still a lot of flaws, but he's putting in work and it's starting to show.

Comment

• after an atrocious start to the year, hes now shooting 40% from the field and 35% from three on 6.6!! attempts

for context, through the first 15 ish games, he was shooting and 33% from the field and around 22% from three

hes really started to turn the corner
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X