No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whaaattttt. 15-20 pounds is a huge difference in guarding people. Bruno has at least 20 pounds to put on before he gets to a place you want him defensively.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
      I think the whole weight thing is overblown. So long as he's strong enough to not get hurt his length will make up for being bodied around.

And i think he's gotten a lot stronger in the last year. I don't think there would be any problem running him at the 4. I actually think he would look really good at the 4.
      From an NBA.com article on Bruno on May 7th, 2015. Talking about Bruno's 1st year with the team.

"Ujiri shared that Caboclo came into the season weighing 207 pounds. Sticking to the training and eating regimen prescribed to him by the team has him up to 221 pounds."

So he was already up to 221 lbs 10 months ago. No reason to think he won't be 230-240 by the start of next season. He's just entering the age where you start to fill out.

Comment

• Giannis is 222 lbs.

Bruno's listed at 205.

That's a 17 pound difference.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Giannis is 222 lbs.

Bruno's listed at 205.

That's a 17 pound difference.
          See my post above, Bruno weighed 221 lbs way back in May, almost a year ago.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            See my post above, Bruno weighed 221 lbs way back in May, almost a year ago.
            Yeah, i saw that after I posted.... got mine off Wikipedia, which isn't the greatest resource....
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
              Whaaattttt. 15-20 pounds is a huge difference in guarding people. Bruno has at least 20 pounds to put on before he gets to a place you want him defensively.
              Well yea in 1 on 1 settings he's going to struggle to hold his ground if someone is bigger and stronger than him. But if you go in with a game plan and execute you should be able to avoid getting abused with good team play. Even if he's getting bodied in the paint his ridiculous length is going to be a huge deterrent.

Getting the ball into the post in the first place could be a huge problem once he learns to use his feet and length to deny the ball. If it gets to the paint there's the ability to get a steal, to pull the guy off balance, to force him into team mates. If it ends up being 1 on 1, and he ends up losing ground they still have to get around/over him.

I feel like for what he could provide in help defense, perimeter defense and offense there isn't much risk in giving him some burn at the 4. Not a full time thing until he gets his feet wet and learns how to play there, but he could be a real problematic matchup down the road i think.

Also, what are his current measurements and weight? The most recent i see are 6-9 and 218

Comment

• You can just look at Bruno and see how much he's filled out.

Maybe a few more pounds just to get sturdier but the last thing we want is for him to lose his quickness and bounce the way JV did when we had him bulk up.

Comment

From an NBA.com article on Bruno on May 7th, 2015. Talking about Bruno's 1st year with the team.

"Ujiri shared that Caboclo came into the season weighing 207 pounds. Sticking to the training and eating regimen prescribed to him by the team has him up to 221 pounds."

So he was already up to 221 lbs 10 months ago. No reason to think he won't be 230-240 by the start of next season. He's just entering the age where you start to fill out.
                  Just asked about that! I knew there was a reference but couldn't remember where.

Comment

• Somehow I don't think Masai is looking for Bruno to be 240 lbs lol
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, i saw that after I posted.... got mine off Wikipedia, which isn't the greatest resource....
                      205 lbs is the last official weight we had for him, from draft time, which is why it's in the wiki. It's tougher to find out current weights as height and weight measurements are almost never updated for players after the draft. Even the most recent weight I found is still almost a year old, which is a long time for a 20 year old on his first serious strength and conditioning regiment.

I'd guess Bruno will be 6'10" 230 lbs by the start of next season, which is plenty big to play some stretch 4.

Comment

205 lbs is the last official weight we had for him, from draft time, which is why it's in the wiki. It's tougher to find out current weights as height and weight measurements are almost never updated for players after the draft. Even the most recent weight I found is still almost a year old, which is a long time for a 20 year old on his first serious strength and conditioning regiment.

I'd guess Bruno will be 6'10" 230 lbs by the start of next season, which is plenty big to play some stretch 4.
                        If that's so, he's gonna be a beastly 3/4, like how the Nuggets should be using Gallo.
                        Axel wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Bulking up isn't exactly linear.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Free Bruno and have him start SF until Carroll is healthy

Comment

• I'd like to see Bruno get strong enough to keep his man out of the paint. Once he can do that, he can be a huge impact player because of that wingspan.

Comment

• I'm confident that Bruno will be part of the rotation next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X