• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors905 season is done, so let's see how Bruno did this year:

37 Games Played
    1270 minutes

34.3 min, 14.7 pts, 6.5 reb, 1.7 ast, 1.1 stl, 1.8 blk, 2.1 TO, 3.8 PF
    .403 FG%, .335 3PT%, 6.9 3PA, .727 FT%, 2.7 FTA, 0.522 TS%

All in all, a very nice year for Bruno, and even better that he finished strong.

Here is his end of season interview wearing a silly hat (note the much improved English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFhjtFABgs

Bruno really enjoyed being able to play through his mistakes. He's been playing a lot of 4 and even some 5 to end the season, says he's used to playing against big guys and sees himself as a 3/4. Is going to mainly work on getting stronger this summer. Isn't sure if he's going to play for Brazil or not, needs to talk to the Brazil coach.

Pretend for a second that the above stats were put up on a power 5 NCAA team, and that he is an incoming rookie we just drafted. That's the way I'm looking at it. Next year will be year 1 in the NBA for Bruno and he should be able to provide some meaningful (10+ per game) minutes at SF and PF.
    Last edited by Primer; Sun Apr 3, 2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• I think Bruno can get backup minutes on a Brazilian squad they lack depth at the SF spot.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I think Bruno can get backup minutes on a Brazilian squad they lack depth at the SF spot.
        He rains 3's and international ball is all about 3pt shots, so I think he'll play a decent role for the Brazilian team. If Brazil was smart they'd start building the team around Bruno and Bebe, the most talented young players they have.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          He rains 3's and international ball is all about 3pt shots, so I think he'll play a decent role for the Brazilian team. If Brazil was smart they'd start building the team around Bruno and Bebe, the most talented young players they have.
          I agree, its also Bebe's time to shine at the Olympics considering that Splitter is injured and won't be there while Varejo corpse can't handle big minutes no more.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            I agree, its also Bebe's time to shine at the Olympics considering that Splitter is injured and won't be there while Varejo corpse can't handle big minutes no more.
            Don't forget about Nene's corpse!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Don't forget about Nene's corpse!
              More minutes for Bruno then

Comment

• I honestly think if this Bruno experiment works and he become an above average NBA player its gonna slightly change how team draft players. Monkey see monkey do. Plus "analysts" would stop making fun of our draft picks.

Comment

• https://vine.co/v/iIO2iP3mpJT

hahaha
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JM is not happy about it either...may have been some trash talking there behind the scenes

Comment

• Fuck eh. Bruno is taller AND longer than magloire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        Fuck eh. Bruno is taller AND longer than magloire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Bruno is 7 feet man i swear hes tall. Rich mans Thon Maker
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bruno's gotten a lot thicker. I mean, he was a stick, so that was inevitable, but he's coming along very nicely. Really could end up being a PF.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Bruno is 7 feet man i swear hes tall. Rich mans Thon Maker
                            I really want an update on his measurements. He looks about on par with Bebe, and his arms get a little longer every time i see him. Plus he's really bulked up...

I can't shake the feeling he may be getting minutes at the four next year. Even at the three, I think him and Patterson could make an interesting duo sharing the forward positions

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                              I really want an update on his measurements. He looks about on par with Bebe, and his arms get a little longer every time i see him. Plus he's really bulked up...

I can't shake the feeling he may be getting minutes at the four next year. Even at the three, I think him and Patterson could make an interesting duo sharing the forward positions
                              Well, he was still the 15th man this year. Not sure how many spots he'll move up in the pecking order. That's the tough part about being a good team, since it stays hard to find playing time for your projects.

I'm hoping Bruno can have a similar opportunity as Powell did this year, especially since he can maybe play both forward spots. If we get an injury at SF or PF, he gets to move up to being a rotation player. Hard to project things out to next year though, especially since MU never shows his cards and even minor changes to our roster could shake up the depth chart.

Comment

• Bebe as Bruno's hype man is even better than Bruno's smirk.

But you'd have to think that if they regularly do that drill it wouldn't be such a rare and exciting thing.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X