No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The record, Barueri is not some middle of nowhere town. It's one of the more developed metropolitan areas in the state of São Paulo, which, in turn, is one of the richest states in Brazil, and the country's basketball hotbed (at least 6 teams from Brazil's top flight league are from this state).

So yeah, he may not have had the best coaching ever, seeing as how he never actually played that much for the senior teams, and basketball is, at best, the 3-5 most popular sport in Brazil, but he actually would have had near the best youth coaching he could have gotten in Brazil.

Indulge me for a second though: you're an 18 year old kid, who has never made more than $200 a week, living with your parents in relatively modest conditions. Then you get drafted to the NBA, put in a swanky penthouse condo, and netting $200,000 biweekly (after taxes). On top of that, you know you're not gonna play for a couple of years, no matter how good you are, and everywhere you go people want your picture, pay you to go to their parties and what not... It's amazing we haven't heard or seen any Bruno nightlife stories
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Maybe he just likes to watch netflix and chill....

Comment

• Bruno looks fine out there. I have a feeling he'll be playing minutes next year for us and the 905.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          oh shut up. You know damn well what I meant when i called him a stiff, if you didnt, youre more of a stats geek than I thought. Don't be the lame guy that cherry picks comments and ignore entire posts. I said time and time he was making progress, but wasnt there. I also said, many times, i thought he could be another gasol.... left that part out didnt ya???

JV was a stiff.
          I said it like it was...... and now he is better, also like I said he would be.

Don't try and discredit me Dan, why bother? You guys constantly try and never succeed..... its silly.

Stick to your stats.

Coboclo is terrible.
          you obviously don't know what "stiff" means.

and nobody has to try to discredit you. you don't have any credit to begin with.

Comment

• Where do you think Bruno would go if he were in the coming draft? I don't think he'd drop past 9th.

Comment

• Is Luol Deng not a good comp? Luol is not that athletic compared to his peers but he's long, smart, decent ball handler, has defensive awareness, good cutter and perfect for small ball

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Where do you think Bruno would go if he were in the coming draft? I don't think he'd drop past 9th.

I hope that was a sarcastic smile, cause Bruno wouldn't have been selected in the 1st round. You can still find 30 players more polished then he is in the first round and he hasn't exactly blown people out of the water with his 2nd year D league performance.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  I hope that was a sarcastic smile, cause Bruno wouldn't have been selected in the 1st round. You can still find 30 players more polished then he is in the first round and he hasn't exactly blown people out of the water with his 2nd year D league performance.
                  14pts / 6.5reb / 1.8 blks / 1 steal is pretty good for a 20 year old. Not to mention the fact that Bruno's value lies in his physical tools, not his polished game (yet). I would think that he would be another late 1st round pick, given the talent level in this years draft.

Comment

• He is a better prospect than skal.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I dunno guys, I appreciate that Bruno has been making strides in the D-League but I don't understand these excuses.. a lot of them would be used to convince a person why a player shouldn't be drafted in the first place. For example:

- Started playing at a later age than most.
                      - Never played in a good/leading basketball program
                      - Language barrier
                      - very little schooling/advanced training on footwork, position, team offensive and defensive schemes

Bruno is said to have improved by leaps and bounds, but is that really a big accomplishment? I'm a better driver today because I went with CAA/Young Drivers, as opposed the local driving school run by Chinese immigrants. (If you live in Markham like I do, I think you'll agree there are MAJOR differences).

Someone said they wanted to see how a Mandarin/Cantonese prospect would fair in the same scenario. I wouldn't. As he begins to grasp the language he'll be able to better understand what the coaches are saying. I mean, this is great feel-good story but it's not necessarily a good basketball story. We're essentially walking along the road less travelled. We never needed to, but we've decided to embark on this unnecessary journey.

Masai went out and got guys who could contribute right away last year because that's what you're supposed to do when you have a playoff team with a few holes. I didn't understand the Caboclo pick the year before and I still don't. We're now 2 years into this experiment which is fine, there's still time, but I feel like there isn't a lot of it left. My understanding is that the NBA has salary scales which generally scale upwards. Up to this point we've seen a very lost player when playing in the NBA, who has already taken home about 3 million dollars. 2 years from 2 years he'll have taken home $7M for having done absolutely nothing for the Toronto Raptors.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        I dunno guys, I appreciate that Bruno has been making strides in the D-League but I don't understand these excuses.. a lot of them would be used to convince a person why a player shouldn't be drafted in the first place. For example:

- Language barrier
                        - very little schooling/advanced training on footwork, position, team offensive and defensive schemes

Bruno is said to have improved by leaps and bounds, but is that really a big accomplishment? I'm a better driver today because I went with CAA/Young Drivers, as opposed the local driving school run by Chinese immigrants. (If you live in Markham like I do, I think you'll agree there are MAJOR differences).

Someone said they wanted to see how a Mandarin/Cantonese prospect would fair in the same scenario. I wouldn't. As he begins to grasp the language he'll be able to better understand what the coaches are saying. I mean, this is great feel-good story but it's not necessarily a good basketball story. We're essentially walking along the road less travelled. We never needed to, but we've decided to embark on this unnecessary journey.

Masai went out and got guys who could contribute right away last year because that's what you're supposed to do when you have a playoff team with a few holes. I didn't understand the Caboclo pick the year before and I still don't. We're now 2 years into this experiment which is fine, there's still time, but I feel like there isn't a lot of it left. My understanding is that the NBA has salary scales which generally scale upwards. Up to this point we've seen a very lost player when playing in the NBA, who has already taken home about 3 million dollars. 2 years from 2 years he'll have taken home $7M for having done absolutely nothing for the Toronto Raptors.
                        Those are definitely concerns, but the other side of that coin is:

-Excellent size/measurements
                        -Smooth stroke
                        -Good defensive instincts, albeit raw
                        -Great work ethic
                        -Drive and desire to improve
                        -Super young

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                          I dunno guys, I appreciate that Bruno has been making strides in the D-League but I don't understand these excuses.. a lot of them would be used to convince a person why a player shouldn't be drafted in the first place. For example:

- Language barrier

I think Masai went "safer" last year because he went with such a project like Bruno 2 years ago. I think Masai has a nice mix of risk vs sure thing in his tenure. If you want to make the leap from good playoff team to great championship contender sometimes you have to swing for the fences.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                            I think Masai went "safer" last year because he went with such a project like Bruno 2 years ago. I think Masai has a nice mix of risk vs sure thing in his tenure. If you want to make the leap from good playoff team to great championship contender sometimes you have to swing for the fences.
                            Also, hard to say that Wright or Powell were sure things. Yes, they were seniors, but they were also there at 20 and (somehow) 46. If Powell was a safe bet to provide what he has provided this year, he'd have gone way before 46. Wright might be seen as a bit of a safer pick, but that's one pick - one pick among 4 years in which the team has 6 first round picks plus second rounders - Bruno, Wright, Powell, NYK pick, TOR 2016, LAC pick, TOR 2017, TOR 2017 2nd rounder. Hard to say based on that one pick that he's shown some sort of pattern.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Also, hard to say that Wright or Powell were sure things. Yes, they were seniors, but they were also there at 20 and (somehow) 46. If Powell was a safe bet to provide what he has provided this year, he'd have gone way before 46. Wright might be seen as a bit of a safer pick, but that's one pick - one pick among 4 years in which the team has 6 first round picks plus second rounders - Bruno, Wright, Powell, NYK pick, TOR 2016, LAC pick, TOR 2017, TOR 2017 2nd rounder. Hard to say based on that one pick that he's shown some sort of pattern.
                              i think what he meant by safe pick was "not multi year project". seniors are generally accepted as plug and play, comparatively to the freshmen and sophomores of the draft.

Comment

• Teams are looking to find talent anywhere they can and finding it is never going to be an unnecessary journey.

Even if you're drafting in the top 3 there's going to be some risk. Drafting 20+? More risk but higher reward vs the cost.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X