Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    How many non-garbage time minutes do people think Bruno gets this year? Delon and Bebe got somewhere around 150 last season? Will Bruno get that, with him being 2, 2 1/2 yrs younger this year than they were last year?

Not being judgmental , just curious what the board thinks.
    I'd be surprised if Bruno tops 50 mp with the Raps this year.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Did you watch the gsw game last night? I'd take that bet.
      Bruno's already had a meaningful impact bc he's a big reason why we have the 905.
      Given last yr was his first yr of meaningful basketball in his life and the strides he made by end of season, I'd say two years is a good amount of time for him to improve. It's not to say that he will be as steady and understand the game as much as hood, I don't think that's fair to compare. But I think in his own way he could fill the role and make an impact. I think even fraschilla is back peddling at this point.
      Only one of these things can be correct.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I'd be surprised if Bruno tops 50 mp with the Raps this year.
        Non-garbage mins or total mins?
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

How many non-garbage time minutes do people think Bruno gets this year? Delon and Bebe got somewhere around 150 last season? Will Bruno get that, with him being 2, 2 1/2 yrs younger this year than they were last year?

Not being judgmental , just curious what the board thinks.
          I think he'll get to 150-200 minutes but most will be in garbage time.

Comment

Non-garbage mins or total mins?
            Non-garbage. I think his total mp on the season is between 75-100.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Only one of these things can be correct.
              He will only see garbage mins bc he's not ready, Casey won't trust him and our team is playing serious basketball.

Fran's comment wasn't entirely literal. It was an amusing way of saying that Bruno is so raw that he probably never makes it. When you consider his first yr is mostly just learning English and acclimating to a completely new world, I'd say he's at least on schedule. Did you see Fran's interview last night? He wasn't jokingly dismissing Bruno anymore.
              When you consider a player like Ingram has been groomed since puberty through HS, AAU and Duke to this point and compare where Bruno is at after one year on the 905, I think we should be happy with some of what we've seen from him. There are a lot of intricacies to the game that only come from experience and guys like Lowry making a living from this saavy. We can't expect that of Bruno at this point. But, his length shows potential that he might be able to finish, shoot and defend in ways that few other players are able to match or defend.
              Bruno's timeline isn't just about Fran, it's about his contract. In two years Masai will have to make that evaluation. So, starting 2017 Bruno will have to demonstrate some meaningful contribution or promise.

Comment

• Didn't Fran get the gist of his 2+2 comment from Masai or something like that?

Masai is far from the only one intrigued by Bruno at this point.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Didn't Fran get the gist of his 2+2 comment from Masai or something like that?

Masai is far from the only one intrigued by Bruno at this point.
                  Yeah, Masai coined the phrase. You can see his reaction to Fran saying it in one of the old open gym/behind the draft videos. "He used my line." Or something like that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, Masai coined the phrase. You can see his reaction to Fran saying it in one of the old open gym/behind the draft videos. "He used my line." Or something like that.
                    Oh, I had a different recollection of that segment.

Comment

Oh, I had a different recollection of that segment.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKSFSU1fAA

10 minute mark. "He used my quote."
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                        Man i love Bruno idk why, hope he drops 50 and averages a triple double this summer league.

Haha "I see da positions cause I know better da rules now"

Anybody giving up on this guy already (and there's a lot of you) seem to STILL not understand what we were undertaking with that draft pick
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKSFSU1fAA

10 minute mark. "He used my quote."
                          Lol. It meant I took your word for it but thnx.

Comment

Which is funny because no media guy has a clue what Masai is doing in the draft yet somehow his "phrase" for his dark horse target gets used on ESPN.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Which is funny because no media guy has a clue what Masai is doing in the draft yet somehow his "phrase" for his dark horse target gets used on ESPN.
                              Good point. My recollection is that the panel didn't know what to say so they cut to Fran and they all laughed at his comment, then Masai was kinda irked that his guy was slighted but I haven't re- watched the open gym and it was two years ago. Anyway, his contract is the measuring stick and Fran's just trying to be entertaining and fill content.

Comment

Good point. My recollection is that the panel didn't know what to say so they cut to Fran and they all laughed at his comment, then Masai was kinda irked that his guy was slighted but I haven't re- watched the open gym and it was two years ago. Anyway, his contract is the measuring stick and Fran's just trying to be entertaining and fill content.
                                My best memory was Mr smug basketball know it all bill simmons hearing the name bruno caboclo and looking like he digested a rotten burrito and was about to poop his pants. For once he had nothing to say. He had never heard of him.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X