Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    My best memory was Mr smug basketball know it all bill simmons hearing the name bruno caboclo and looking like he digested a rotten burrito and was about to poop his pants. For once he had nothing to say. He had never heard of him.
    To be fair, most of us hadn't heard the name either.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      My best memory was Mr smug basketball know it all bill simmons hearing the name bruno caboclo and looking like he digested a rotten burrito and was about to poop his pants. For once he had nothing to say. He had never heard of him.
      I miss Bill Simmons doing the draft.

Best was when the Cavs drafted Anthony Bennette and Bill Simmons busted nut in his pants.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I think he'll get to 150-200 minutes but most will be in garbage time.
        Axel wrote: View Post
        Non-garbage. I think his total mp on the season is between 75-100.
        This season? In the NBA? He'll be lucky to hit 40 minutes total.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
          I miss Bill Simmons doing the draft.

Best was when the Cavs drafted Anthony Bennette and Bill Simmons busted nut in his pants.
          To me it was celts drafted fab melo. I'm more anti bilas. Jalens player comps are the funniest.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            This season? In the NBA? He'll be lucky to hit 40 minutes total.
            Bruno was over 40 last year - you think he'll play less? OK.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Hopefully Bruno earns the kind of role Powell had last year. Powell was the depth wing. His minutes were relative to injuries and foul trouble, whereas Bruno was only getting garbage minutes and nothing else. So yeah, hopefully Bruno moves up a peg and can be that depth wing/forward where if he plays well enough at all he can get some minutes throughout the season, even just in spurts of games every now and then (ie because of minor injuries ahead of him).

Anyone remember the difference between Powell's first stretch of consistent minutes and his late season stretch getting back into the rotation? It was like night and day. These guys can't just develop in the D-League. Even just between tweaked ankles there'll probably be enough games where we'll be down a wing or maybe even PF against a smaller team, and he can get at least 10-15 minutes. So that's what I'd like to see from Bruno this year. The quality of play in those minutes matters less than signs of progress.

Comment

• I know what u r saying wmcj but Powell's confidence and awareness were at a different place, even in the beginning of the season. Im ok with Bruno playing the kings to preserve our rotation guys and garbage mins but the last thing I want is for him to get embarrassed like his first sl. He needs to gain awareness and conference in the dleague every game next yr.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  I know what u r saying wmcj but Powell's confidence and awareness were at a different place, even in the beginning of the season. Im ok with Bruno playing the kings to preserve our rotation guys and garbage mins but the last thing I want is for him to get embarrassed like his first sl. He needs to gain awareness and conference in the dleague every game next yr.
                  Powell was so shaky early in the season. He had hustle, but he was really shaky. More confidence than Bruno might? Sure, but Powell was also older. I don't think Bruno having some bad, even embarrassing, moments is going to destroy his development. If it does, he probably doesn't have the stuff to cut it anyway.

Pretty sure Powell was embarrassed with his play early in the season, and that's what motivated him to work extra hard to do things that would make him more effective the next time he got a chance at real minutes.

Comment

• Powell was really rough early on. His defence was always OK (though of course was rookie-ish for good stretches), but he couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Prior to his first stretch of starts, over a bunch of garbage time opportunities, he had a FG% of 25%. Over his first stretch of starts and a few games coming off the bench, he brought it up to 37% from the field. Still awful. Finally something clicked on his last D-League stint, and when he got called back up to start March 15th, he shot 48% the rest of the way (including ~50% from 3).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I understand what both of you are saying and I agree but Bruno is a special case. In basketball terms he is a baby. We are talking about a guy who literally ran to the bench crying after he got crowned. That's little league. Ive never seen that happen in the nba.
                      I think his confidence grew a lot after his block and I'm anxious to see if that carries to next game. He needs to own some of these dleague guys to have a base confidence to face the men in the NBA.
                      Powell has that baseline. He owned summer league and the dleague last yr. Powell is more comparable to Portis right now and Bruno doesn't have a comp. Closest is Ingram imo but even then it's weak.

Comment

• Can anybody please help me understand??

As a diehard bruno fan, I am very pleased with his progress

but for this summer league, I noticed huge downgrade in his driving skills

He used to drive much harder, but for whatever reason, during this summer league, he is driving really slow and with less force/emphasis

does anyone know what's going on?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Bruno was over 40 last year - you think he'll play less? OK.
                          Sure then, 50? 60? Still only getting garbage time minutes. His playing time will be a testament to how well we deal with teams early on (in the game for garbage time, and during the season where Casey can rest his guys). Guess it's not easy to predict now.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                            Can anybody please help me understand??

He used to drive much harder, but for whatever reason, during this summer league, he is driving really slow and with less force/emphasis

he is in more control of himself. he is trying to show skills. he has looked good. don't care what the detractors say. bruno will be an nba player.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                              Can anybody please help me understand??

Jama said they were looking for him to play more in his lane - corner 3s and defense - going into this summer league.

Comment

• Is this the year Bruno becomes more controversial than DeMar?

Comment

Working...
                                X