X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKSFSU1fAA

10 minute mark. "He used my quote."
    Ok, so I watched this and realized I hadn't seen it so thnx again for posting it Dan. Yes, Ujiri said the line first.
    Couple things I noticed. Bruno might see more mins if fans keep cheering for him bc Casey will want to satiate the mob and end the distraction. I can't believe he was offering the NY pick to move up to 16. Jeff Weltman/the war room did not look like they wanted to draft Bruno at 20. Masai really forced it.
    Was there an episode for the 2015 draft?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Bruno might see more mins if fans keep cheering for him bc Casey will want to satiate the mob and end the distraction
      Casey won't do that. He'll play Bruno only if he needs to (injuries) or he feels Bruno has earned minutes. No matter what the mob does or thinks.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Masai wasn't offering the NYK pick to move up to 16, he was offering it to get 16 so he could take Ennis and then take Bruno at 20. Then he had a backup move to get a pick after 20 if Ennis (or Harris IIRC) dropped and take Bruno with the other pick.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yeah, he wanted to get 22. Still the NY pick was likely to be in the lottery. I guess it's worth it if you really like Ennis.
          The look on weltans face seemed like he didn't even want Bruno at 22.

Comment

• Bruno already did his part even if he never plays a meaningless minute in the NBA. Masai drafted Bruno not only for potential but he was a means to an end in securing a D league team. MLSE we're really behind the ball compare to other NBA teams (cheapskates!) and Masai and Tim within a year and a half of coming here we're able to convince the stakeholders in this investment and Bruno who was raw as fuck was the poster child for this operation.

Comment

• I do not know where the other affiliates are in relation to the NBA teams but with the 905 so close that gives us a incredible opportunity that has already paid dividends with Norm,Bebe, Delon and of course bruno.

Comment

• I am afraid of Bruno turning into another draft mistake. I know he is still very raw and young,but I do not see any progress in his abilities. My wife thinks he is stoned out there because he looks so lost and lazy. No killer instinct at all! I hope I am wrong.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Sure then, 50? 60? Still only getting garbage time minutes. His playing time will be a testament to how well we deal with teams early on (in the game for garbage time, and during the season where Casey can rest his guys). Guess it's not easy to predict now.
                  In my (admittedly limited) views of Bruno in the earlier summer league games I thought he may actually get a few rotation minutes this year, but after his debacle against the Wolves, I have to agree signs point to nothing other than garbage time.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    In my (admittedly limited) views of Bruno in the earlier summer league games I thought he may actually get a few rotation minutes this year, but after his debacle against the Wolves, I have to agree signs point to nothing other than garbage time.
                    In the wolves game he was bad start to finish. The other games he had good and bad stretches.
                    I think I want Bruno to succeed more than I believe he will. Still really early tho. A year is a long time but he has a lot to learn.

Comment

• old geezer wrote: View Post
                      I am afraid of Bruno turning into another draft mistake. I know he is still very raw and young,but I do not see any progress in his abilities. My wife thinks he is stoned out there because he looks so lost and lazy. No killer instinct at all! I hope I am wrong.
                      I really won't care if he is a bust. He was the 20th pick, you're likely not going to get a star player in that range. Bruno has the potential to be one and has a high bust potential, Masai went for a gamble, if it pays off then Masai got a steal, if not, then it really won't affect the team much.

Comment

• Bruno is 20...
                        In his first year he played in less than 10 d league games.
                        The year was dedicated to getting some size on him through diet and weight training.

Last year was probably his first year of real ball. He played the equivalent of an NCAA season but at a better competitive level. He did OK.. not great but not gouge your eyes out bad.

This year is going to be more of a litmus test for him.. Would expect he plays better in D League and shows something that he does well and could do well with the big team on a nightly basis... It only has to be one thing. It could be rebounding.. playing man on man defense... makes 36% plus from 3.. just something that would show he is worth of rotation minues in his 4 year.

I kinda think they don't extend him in October.. .. but rather see what he does and how he is progressing and let the market set a price. Raps can either match or move on 2018.. because as many point out.. he was the 20th pick. Its not going to be front page news if a team moves on from a player drafted at that slot.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• When can they actually extend Bruno? It would be cool to sign him to reasonable contract and then he makes a huge leap in terms of development.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Bruno is 20...
                            In his first year he played in less than 10 d league games.
                            The year was dedicated to getting some size on him through diet and weight training.

Last year was probably his first year of real ball. He played the equivalent of an NCAA season but at a better competitive level. He did OK.. not great but not gouge your eyes out bad.

This year is going to be more of a litmus test for him.. Would expect he plays better in D League and shows something that he does well and could do well with the big team on a nightly basis... It only has to be one thing. It could be rebounding.. playing man on man defense... makes 36% plus from 3.. just something that would show he is worth of rotation minues in his 4 year.

I kinda think they don't extend him in October.. .. but rather see what he does and how he is progressing and let the market set a price. Raps can either match or move on 2018.. because as many point out.. he was the 20th pick. Its not going to be front page news if a team moves on from a player drafted at that slot.
                            He's almost 21. He did play very well the last week of dleague but not sure players try as hard at that point?
                            I'd like to see him succeed from a personal standpoint, even more than a raps standpoint. I gotta a lot of compassion for a guy trying to give his family a better life. He's got a lot on his shoulders for such a green, young guy. We got a lot of privilege that we just want entertainment and competition. He's playing for a lot more. He takes his failures so hard. However, it plays out hope he doesn't get booed like bargs. He is trying his best.

Comment

• Masai himself pretty well said he was a 4 yr project.

If we had taken him at 37 instead of 20, would the the pick still be considered a "mistake"? Not by any reasonable standard.

So who was picked between 20 and 37 who would definitely have been a good pick? I only see 3 - Hood, Capela and Anderson, with even Anderson possibly (probably?) only panning out due to the Spurs system.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Masai himself pretty well said he was a 4 yr project.

If we had taken him at 37 instead of 20, would the the pick still be considered a "mistake"? Not by any reasonable standard.

So who was picked between 20 and 37 who would definitely have been a good pick? I only see 3 - Hood, Capela and Anderson, with even Anderson possibly (probably?) only panning out due to the Spurs system.
                                Rodney Hood and T Ross would a pretty.good bench wing duo for us...

Imagine Bruno on the spurs... would probably be averaging 8/6/5 by next year
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X