Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    He was 4 years away when drafted. Not much point in evaluating anything until 4 years in.
    Well, I took that to mean the 4 years would be slow building until by year 5 he'd be a contributing rotation player. Not that he'd spend 4 years bumbling, struggling to learn defense and ball handling at the D League level, then magically appear in year 5 NBA ready. Wishful thinking on that one
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think people have to realize that there is extra incentive to bringing him along slowly at this late stage - training him to play as a roleplayer even at the D-league level - and that's to re-sign him for a song, if you retain him at all. He's experiencing winning basketball with the Raps and the 905, and I have to believe that will pay off in the end.

Every time I see him on the court I'm almost freaked out by his physical tools. The mental side is a work in progress, and that's where time and patience come into play.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I think people have to realize that there is extra incentive to bringing him along slowly at this late stage - training him to play as a roleplayer even at the D-league level - and that's to re-sign him for a song, if you retain him at all. He's experiencing winning basketball with the Raps and the 905, and I have to believe that will pay off in the end.

Every time I see him on the court I'm almost freaked out by his physical tools. The mental side is a work in progress, and that's where time and patience come into play.
        Yes. There are all kinds of development curves after drafting a player, you never know what you've got until you put in the time. Time's not up for Bruno yet. Clearly he's being used differently this year and has a different focus. Maybe they successfully groom him into a useful player, maybe they don't. We'll see.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Well, I took that to mean the 4 years would be slow building until by year 5 he'd be a contributing rotation player. Not that he'd spend 4 years bumbling, struggling to learn defense and ball handling at the D League level, then magically appear in year 5 NBA ready. Wishful thinking on that one
          4 years of slow building and becoming a useful rotation player is the typical learning curve for late round draftees. The reason they actually said it with Bruno was because he was incredibly raw and was basically learning the game from close to scratch. Learning curves aren't linear either - there are leaps.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm pretty confident we hold onto him for a 2nd contract (at a bargain-basement price of course). There's a good chance he ends up a better 2-way stretch 4 than guys I'm eyeing up in the draft (Leaf and Lydon) - who are good shooters but apparently "soft as tissue".

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I'm pretty confident we hold onto him for a 2nd contract (at a bargain-basement price of course). There's a good chance he ends up a better 2-way stretch 4 than guys I'm eyeing up in the draft (Leaf and Lydon) - who are good shooters but apparently "soft as tissue".
              I think people forget after watching old rookies for a couple years that it takes time to get good at playing basketball. Bruno is still only 21

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                I think people forget after watching old rookies for a couple years that it takes time to get good at playing basketball. Bruno is still only 21
                See the only issue I have with that is usually that's because some players take longer to develop certain skills and I'll admit a player like Norm has made me realize that people are far too quick to write off players who aren't incredibly skilled as 19 year olds but the biggest problem I have with Bruno is utter lack of bball IQ which reminds me a lot of a player like Anthony Randolph that despite extraordinary physical gifts or skill simply doesn't get it. Bruno's comprehension of the game seems incredibly low imo...which is why I'm glad we're limiting his decision making to essentially doing Patterson's role.

I think we have to continue to make the game as simple as possible for him. Once he gets really good at his role, he can eventually start trying other things out.

Comment

• Let me know when 2 years from 2 years is over ...

Comment

• Havent heard anything about this kid in a while, anyone know how he's developing?

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                      Havent heard anything about this kid in a while, anyone know how he's developing?
                      Official report is that he still stinks.

Comment

• In one of the recent RR weekly pods (may have been weekly extra) they were saying his defensive decision making and overall use of his length on the defensive end has improved and still settles for the 3 a little too much. The consensus between Blake and Vivek was that after his 4th year he should be near the equivalent of a rookie coming out of the NCAA, and should be able to provide SOMETHING on a consistent basis, and then evaluate his progress as such from there on out.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                          In one of the recent RR weekly pods (may have been weekly extra) they were saying his defensive decision making and overall use of his length on the defensive end has improved and still settles for the 3 a little too much. The consensus between Blake and Vivek was that after his 4th year he should be near the equivalent of a rookie coming out of the NCAA, and should be able to provide SOMETHING on a consistent basis, and then evaluate his progress as such from there on out.
                          I think if Bruno provides any value and can play any minutes in the coming years we can become a great team. The recent add of Serge makes our starting lineup one of the best in the league. If he can play some solid bench minutes next year or the year after would could have something special.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Official report is that he still stinks.
                            lmao Project Bruno is proceeding perfectly, they're doing an excellent job of surpressing news of the great strides he is making (he has to fake being a lot less good whenever cameras are rolling), it's all part of the plan to spring him on a completely unsuspecting NBAin 2018/19 when they trade an expiring Demarre Carroll for another All-Star and win the championship.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXykC0gShDQ

Bruno highlights from Dec/16. So this is approximately 1.5yrs on 905. I like his block on Alex pothyress. 4yr senior from Kentucky.
                              I've been following the draft this yr and I think Bruno is comparable at 21yrs old. 6'9 stretch 4 with 7'6 wingspan sounds good.

http://dleague.nba.com/player/bruno-caboclo/

Here's the rest of his highlights this yr.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                                Havent heard anything about this kid in a while, anyone know how he's developing?
                                He's playing his role (think Patrick Patterson) for the best team in the D-league. Shooting percentages should be better, but he regularly shows out in steals and blocks. He's coming along nicely, and some nights (like last night) his stroke looks REAL nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X