Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you most looking forward to this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you most looking forward to this season?

(Outside of the Raps, obviously)

Here's my top 5:
    1. The Timberwolves: how do Wiggins, Bennett, and Rubio progress? Could be one of the most exciting teams in the league with Lavine and Dieng.
    2. Other Canadians: Stauskas in Sacramento has looked terrific. Also hoping for good things from Olynyk and Tristan Thompson. I doubt Tyler Ennis sees the floor much but it would be nice.
    3. Just how good can the Bulls be? That front court is loaded now, and DRose looks solid so far. Can they outdo the Cavs?
    4. How good are the Cavs? Will they be Miami 2.0? Will Kyrie get injured, will Love be reduced to Bosh-like third wheel status? Is David Blatt as awesome as heralded?
    5. Jeremy Lin and Ed Davis. Always really liked both these guys, and I think they can form a nice PnR duo. Would love to see both their careers take off in LA.

1. Timberwolves, especially LaVine, Wiggins and Bennett.

2. Can the 76ers win 10 games?

3. Will Miami make the playoffs?

4. Will Brooklyn or NY get their shit together and actually challenge us for the division title?

5. James Harden's beard (it's just so majestic).
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

1. Kobe's return.

2. Wiggins and the Wolves.

3. New look Cavs.

4. Western Conference Race

5. Can Wade stay healthy and lead the Heat to a top 4-6 seed?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        1. Timberwolves, especially LaVine, Wiggins and Bennett.

2. Can the 76ers win 10 games?

3. Will Miami make the playoffs?

4. Will Brooklyn or NY get their shit together and actually challenge us for the division title?

5. James Harden's beard (it's just so majestic).
        I could see Brooklyn getting their shit together under Lionel Hollins. I think NYK is fooked.

Comment

Things I am most interested in this year:

1. Building off previous momentum. Will this squad build upon a great second half last year, or, will they believe their own hype and get caught looking more often than not.

2. Demar Derozan. Can he actually put together yet another improved season?? He looked so comfortable getting not just his shot, but THE RIGHT shot off the dribble in pre-season games I watched. Reminded me of Brandon Roy a little. Sometimes a guy had that moment, when it all seems clear and easy.... his matrix moment. I'm really looking forward to seeing if Derozan is going to make that jump for good.

3. Will JV be any good. By good, I mean really good, like top 5 center in the NBA good. Like confidence through the roof, hitting his ft's and getting the calls from the officials good. If he is, Toronto is an actual contender. Simple.

4. James Johnson. I am really curious to see what becomes of this guy. I see him starting out ok, then falling into another delusion of grandeur type scenario. He says his childhood is in the rear view, but some guys are great at saying the right things.... I am interested to see if he can learn, k now, and play his role on this team because no James, you do NOT have the same ability as Derozan or Lowry, but you CAN defend the fuck outta your own end and THAT is something to truly be proud of.

5. Terrence Ross. Who is he? What will he be? I have really good sports intuitions, I tend to go with my gut on things. I was worried about Derozan at one point too, used to call him the second coming of Harold Miner. But there is a difference.... even though I was miffed that Derozan seemed to worry too much about Dunk competitions.... as I worried with Ross, Derozan always had a killer instinct and a work ethic through to roof. I don't see that in Ross. Where I was happy to see Derozan climb outta his own little hole through determination and extremely hard work, I just don't know if thats who Ross is. I am interested to see what he can figure out, and I am SO hoping he can prove my intuition wrong this time.

Comment

In no particular order:

- Minny with Wiggins and Bennet
            - Cavs with Love and James, and especially when they play the Heat
            - Pelicans with Asik and Davis
            - Bucks with Parker and Greek Freak
            - Number of losses Philly tallies

Comment

Working...
            X