#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Where did you see that basketball had the greatest disconnect between playoffs and regular season lol? Pretty sure is the opposite
    Every year experts note "playoff" teams and "non-playoff" teams. The jump shooter and non-defense teams being playoff fodder regardless of record.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Every year experts note "playoff" teams and "non-playoff" teams. The jump shooter and non-defense teams being playoff fodder regardless of record.
      I'm almost certain that you're just pulling that out of your ass.

And even if you aren't, that really doesn't support what you originally said.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        It's only a valid statement if we now consider sound basketball judgement a race.

Casey hates sound basketball judgement with a passion.
        Sound basketball judgement should be the master race. They probably built the pyramids.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          I'm almost certain that you're just pulling that out of your ass.

And even if you aren't, that really doesn't support what you originally said.
          Not really, just last night the TNT guys were saying that the GSW style of play won't do well in the playoffs because in a 7 game series tougher teams will break them down.

Unfortunately to this day non of those jump shooting finesse teams (Phx Suns, Don Neslon Warriors, Nuggets, Joe Johnson Hawks) have ever been able to buck the trend and show that it is possible to win with jump shooting.

Closest would be the Mavs but even they weren't really as finesse as the teams I listed above or the Warriors of this year.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            Not really, just last night the TNT guys were saying that the GSW style of play won't do well in the playoffs because in a 7 game series tougher teams will break them down.

Unfortunately to this day non of those jump shooting finesse teams (Phx Suns, Don Neslon Warriors, Nuggets, Joe Johnson Hawks) have ever been able to buck the trend and show that it is possible to win with jump shooting.

Closest would be the Mavs but even they weren't really as finesse as the teams I listed above or the Warriors of this year.
            Ok I found data on this so when I get a chance I'm going to look at shot location and regular season performance and see which is better correlated with playoff performance.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

I think the Spurs showed that you can be a jump shooting/finesse team and win it all.. the key is to have an elite defense which the Warriors have and the Mavs had when they won as well. Where as the Suns, and Nelsons' Warriors did not.

Comment

• The 8th*Seed – Where Upsets Are Made

If we break down the numbers by seeding, rather than by conferences, we see that a 5th seed, followed by the 6th seed, holds the best chance of pulling an upset; the 5th seed at 25.9% chance and the 6th seed at a 20% clip. This makes logical sense. When it comes to the 7th and 8th seed, it’s reversed. The 8th seed actually holds a better chance at winning a playoff series than a 7th seed. In fact, only one 7th seed has won a playoff series over the last ten years, 2009-2010*San Antonio Spurs. Before the Spurs, the last time a 7th seed pulled the upset on a 2 seed was all the way back during the 97-98 season when the Knicks defeated the Heat. This does not bode well for the current 7th seeders, the*Boston Celtics*and*Los Angeles Lakers.

On the other hand, the 8th seed has pulled an upset three times over the last ten years (equating to 13%), the 2006-2007*Golden State Warriors, the 2010-2011 Memphis Grizzlies, and most recently, the 2011-2012*Philadelphia 76ers*(beating the Rose-less #1 seed Bulls). This could mean good news for the current 8th seed in the West, the Houston Rockets.

Its the chance of 8 beating 1. It happens more than it should. Usually upsets are rare in basketball but it happens when a high win padding non playoff team loses to a better playoff 8th team. Spurs vs Mavs are as other example, not an upset but competive regardless of regular season record.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I think the Spurs showed that you can be a jump shooting/finesse team and win it all.. the key is to have an elite defense which the Warriors have and the Mavs had when they won as well. Where as the Suns, and Nelsons' Warriors did not.
                  Yes, the Warriors are different from your typical front-running-regular-season-success-first-round-playoff-fodder-jump-shooting team (how about those hyphens!). First and foremost, GS has the #1 drtg in the league, and defense wins in the playoffs. Secondly, this is a new thing where teams like the Warriors, the Hawks, and the Bucks are taking a ton of 3 pt shots by design in response to the analytics movement. In the past, jump shooting teams have often been teams with no inside offensive game - they weren't jump shooters necessarily because they wanted to be, they were jump shooters because that was the only way they could score consistently. Teams now are shooting 3's because they want to, not because they have to. Curry and Klay can both take guys off the dribble and attack the basket, but they actually want to shoot a ton of 3's. If the D forces them to attack off the bounce more in the playoffs, they'll be able to.

The D will tighten up in the playoffs and coverage on jump shooters will be a lot tighter, but Curry's an MVP-level offensive player and Klay is turning into a great offensive player as well. I think those guys will be fine.

As was mentioned and as the Spurs showed last year, great ball movement beats a tight defensive system and finds open shots.

I watched the Spurs and Bucks this week and it was crazy - all the scoring was either at the 3 pt line or at the rim. There were soooooo few mid-range shots, it was night-and-day vs. watching a Raps game. The whole sport is evolving in that direction.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Yes, the Warriors are different from your typical front-running-regular-season-success-first-round-playoff-fodder-jump-shooting team (how about those hyphens!). First and foremost, GS has the #1 drtg in the league, and defense wins in the playoffs. Secondly, this is a new thing where teams like the Warriors, the Hawks, and the Bucks are taking a ton of 3 pt shots by design in response to the analytics movement. In the past, jump shooting teams have often been teams with no inside offensive game - they weren't jump shooters necessarily because they wanted to be, they were jump shooters because that was the only way they could score consistently. Teams now are shooting 3's because they want to, not because they have to. Curry and Klay can both take guys off the dribble and attack the basket, but they actually want to shoot a ton of 3's. If the D forces them to attack off the bounce more in the playoffs, they'll be able to.

The D will tighten up in the playoffs and coverage on jump shooters will be a lot tighter, but Curry's an MVP-level offensive player and Klay is turning into a great offensive player as well. I think those guys will be fine.

As was mentioned and as the Spurs showed last year, great ball movement beats a tight defensive system and finds open shots.

I watched the Spurs and Bucks this week and it was crazy - all the scoring was either at the 3 pt line or at the rim. There were soooooo few mid-range shots, it was night-and-day vs. watching a Raps game. The whole sport is evolving in that direction.
                    well except for a few dinosaurs....(insert: bad pun groans)....
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                      Just wait, my first post in this thread regarding him being a racist will probably soon unfold. Rofl. And if it does, I deserve to be a mod on these forums.
                      As I already pointed out to you on page one, Dwane Casey is married to a white woman. If you are too stupid to use basic common sense and even stupider to be unable to read, I'm not sure you'd make a great burger flipper, let alone a moderator on these forums.

Get your head out of your ass.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        As I already pointed out to you on page one, Dwane Casey is married to a white woman. If you are too stupid to use basic common sense and even stupider to be unable to read, I'm not sure you'd make a great burger flipper, let alone a moderator on these forums.

Get your head out of your ass.
                        Never did I say racist against whites. In fact, his love of Vasquez completely destroys that theory.
                        He hates Lithuanians.. Even that game which was like Lithuania day at ACC JV was benched the whole 4th when he was the best player.
                        Anyways, time will tell just like everything else I have said in this thread has been proven absolutely flawless.
                        Then you my friend will be the one with the head up your ass.
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                          Never did I say racist against whites. In fact, his love of Vasquez completely destroys that theory.
                          He hates Lithuanians.. Even that game which was like Lithuania day at ACC JV was benched the whole 4th when he was the best player.
                          Anyways, time will tell just like everything else I have said in this thread has been proven absolutely flawless.
                          Then you my friend will be the one with the head up your ass.
                          He also favored Calderon and Bargnani. He isn't racist just stupid

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            He also favored Calderon and Bargnani. He isn't racist just stupid
                            It's Dwayne Casey , expect the worst.
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Man, this thread is just like what happened to Tiger. People just love to tear a successful black man down.

Comment

• LOL, kidding, but we should keep mention of racism out of these debates. They have no place here.

Comment

Working...
                                X