X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draps wrote: View Post
    if you think masai is the problem you havent been paying attention

as for casey, GET THE FUCK OUT
    Honestly, last season there was ball movement and the team actually played defense... blaming Masai for Casey's decision to go away from whatever worked last season is insane, on top of the public pressure he had on re-signing him because of the team making the playoffs.

How in the world do you blame Masai?

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      Working on er. I'll make a new thread once I wrap it up. It's not gonna be the most informative though.

I'll do pace after too, I think that'll be more interesting.
      You might also want to look at teams that take a lot 3's. Easier data to get as a first pass.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Honestly, last season there was ball movement and the team actually played defense... blaming Masai for Casey's decision to go away from whatever worked last season is insane, on top of the public pressure he had on re-signing him because of the team making the playoffs.

for not pulling the plug on Casey or if he does, waiting too long.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          for not pulling the plug on Casey or if he does, waiting too long.
          OK.

Comment

• I don't know how anyone can defend casey anymore.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              I don't know how anyone can defend casey anymore.
              Don't be surprised when people do it, I'm convinced they'll defensed him till the day he gets canned
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Masai did re-hire Casey. Yes it probably led to KL resigning but it is turning out to be a mistake.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Masai did re-hire Casey. Yes it probably led to KL resigning but it is turning out to be a mistake.
                  There were a lot of HC openings last season. Let the dust settle then make a coaching move. Last season Bayno or Nurse would have been the best candidates. This offseason Thibs, Mike Malone or even JVG could be available

Comment

• "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If Casey is replaced I hope it is a respected and experienced coach. Rather stay away from assistants, college types or no playoff exp. Some qualities: a balanced approach to offense and defense (emphasis here), in game adjustments and end of game management, accountability. The Raptors I believe are ready for the next step (not if one has to go by whats been happening lately) and we cant have the players doubting that the new guy has the chops.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        If Casey is replaced I hope it is a respected and experienced coach. Rather stay away from assistants, college types or no playoff exp. Some qualities: a balanced approach to offense and defense (emphasis here), in game adjustments and end of game management, accountability. The Raptors I believe are ready for the next step (not if one has to go by whats been happening lately) and we cant have the players doubting that the new guy has the chops.
                        I don't think there's anything to this rationale. What respected and experienced coach do you want that doesn't already have a job? How do you know such guys aren't out of work for a reason? Why are they necessarily better than "fresher" faces?

A good coach is a good coach. Spoelstra was a young guy who cut his teeth in the film room being asked to coach a group with 3 superstars. Management gave him a vote of confidence and the players basically had to buy in, and he helped lead them to 2 championships and 4 straight finals appearances. Is he one of the best coaches in the league? I don't know, but he clearly did a good job with that team, and now with a different team he's changed principles to accommodate a different roster, notably having no trouble gearing their D a bit differently with Whiteside on the court.

I just want a coach who understands how to utilize his personnel. I don't care about experience. If players doubt, either it's because management hasn't made it clear that they need to buy in because this coach is their guy, or if it happens in spite of this the players are dumbasses who need to be shipped out.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          If Casey is replaced I hope it is a respected and experienced coach. Rather stay away from assistants, college types or no playoff exp. Some qualities: a balanced approach to offense and defense (emphasis here), in game adjustments and end of game management, accountability. The Raptors I believe are ready for the next step (not if one has to go by whats been happening lately) and we cant have the players doubting that the new guy has the chops.
                          It is a tough call.

Some good coaches had to get their start somewhere.

Comment

• There's a good list at this point for coaches.

JVG
                            Nate McMillan
                            Steve Nash
                            Ron Adams
                            Kevin Ollie

And if Thibs ever pops free lol

I'd interview them all and go from there.

Comment

There's a good list at this point for coaches.

JVG
                              Nate McMillan
                              Steve Nash
                              Ron Adams
                              Kevin Ollie

And if Thibs ever pops free lol

I'd interview them all and go from there.
                              Was never a big McMillan fan. And any decent offence his teams ran was solely because of how good/versatile a player Roy was before his knees died. Seemed to suck the fun out of the game for his players, and that's always a bad thing.

JVG has been out of the game so long, and coached a very 90s style that I'm not sure how good he actually is anymore. Would the team be better defensively? Definitely. But how much better overall would they actually be? not sure.

Haven't seen any sign that Nash has any interest in coaching whatsoever.

Ron Adams is an odd case. No clue what to make of him. Successful assistant who's been in the league so long it's confusing as to why he's never been given a shot as a head coach.

Ollie's got a sweet gig at UConn, and I'm not sure he'd consider leaving.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Was never a big McMillan fan. And any decent offence his teams ran was solely because of how good/versatile a player Roy was before his knees died. Seemed to suck the fun out of the game for his players, and that's always a bad thing.

JVG has been out of the game so long, and coached a very 90s style that I'm not sure how good he actually is anymore. Would the team be better defensively? Definitely. But how much better overall would they actually be? not sure.

Haven't seen any sign that Nash has any interest in coaching whatsoever.

Ron Adams is an odd case. No clue what to make of him. Successful assistant who's been in the league so long it's confusing as to why he's never been given a shot as a head coach.

Ollie's got a sweet gig at UConn, and I'm not sure he'd consider leaving.
                                There's a couple more some posters have mentioned, but I can't remember them.

Comment

Working...
                                X