#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I just find your sanctimonious tone hypocritical given that you posted stuff like this last summer (Jul 11, 2014):

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...iggins-Bennett

And now you are posting stuff like this:

Anyways, I think the discussion here is getting a little toxic given the lack of news and so I think I'm going to (try to) take a break until we do have something to talk about. Enjoy your summer people.
    The team was given a chance and they blew it.

It is nothing personal.

I stand by what I wrote last summer (well, except Wiggins part - lol).

Last summer I was expecting growth from individual players and the team as a whole. That didn't happen, individually or as a team, so back to the drawing board.... well, if I was in charge. We will have to wait to see what Masai does.

Comment

• Pelicans job is filled by Alvin Gentry.

Only he and JVG interviewed twice.

Sam Mitchell, Vinny Del Negro, and Fred Hoiberg also interviewed.

Interesting stuff.

Hoiberg also interviewed for Orlando reportedly.

Comment

• I just watched the bballbreakdown of why the raptors were swept and now feel even worse about keeping Casey. I need a drink...
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Pelicans job is filled by Alvin Gentry.

Only he and JVG interviewed twice.

Sam Mitchell, Vinny Del Negro, and Fred Hoiberg also interviewed.

Interesting stuff.

Hoiberg also interviewed for Orlando reportedly.
          So is Thibs going to sit out a season? Isn't Denver the only other opening? Maybe it was the right move to not go for a new coach right now.

Comment

• I'm surprised about the Thibs situation but it is a player's league and maybe there's enough murmurs from guys who don't like the nose-to-grindstone approach he puts them through that GMs are a bit wary of him. Maybe if he doesn't get a job this year he'll mellow a little bit, start taking a bit of a more open-minded approach in terms of offence, etc.

Other possibility is he felt like taking the year off.

Anyway, i'm sure he will coach again fairly soon.

Comment

• #FireCasey

KHD wrote: View Post
              I'm surprised about the Thibs situation but it is a player's league and maybe there's enough murmurs from guys who don't like the nose-to-grindstone approach he puts them through that GMs are a bit wary of him. Maybe if he doesn't get a job this year he'll mellow a little bit, start taking a bit of a more open-minded approach in terms of offence, etc.

Thibs is getting $9M from Chicago. If he doesn't sign elsewhere, then Bulls are on the hook for the full salary. I wouldn't be shocked to see him take time just for the Bulls have to foot the entire bill.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                I'm surprised about the Thibs situation but it is a player's league and maybe there's enough murmurs from guys who don't like the nose-to-grindstone approach he puts them through that GMs are a bit wary of him. Maybe if he doesn't get a job this year he'll mellow a little bit, start taking a bit of a more open-minded approach in terms of offence, etc.

Almost all reports say that, although some players said they didn't like his hard practices and got sick of him, the firing was mostly over his terrible relationship with the front office for various different reasons like ego, Thibs never resting any players, etc.

Comment

• http://deadspin.com/tom-thibodeau-is...ght-1702715254

Thibodeau told him he broke off an engagement because, “There’s no room in my life for a woman if I’m going to be a basketball coach.”
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    Almost all reports say that, although some players said they didn't like his hard practices and got sick of him, the firing was mostly over his terrible relationship with the front office for various different reasons like ego, Thibs never resting any players, etc.
                    The hard practices might be an issue for a veteran team. For a team like the Raptors with guys having less years and under Casey no actual coaching a few years in the gym learning basics of defensive position would help a lot.

Comment

• wow...

i'd be more worried about Thibs' heart than Hoiberg's at this point.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

The Bulls' press release sure made it sound like there were serious personality conflicts between Thibs and management/ownership. That's always the best way for a coach to get fired, regardless of how he's performing.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors recently pursued Erman to become defensive coordinator under Dwane Casey, sources said, but the chance to become associate head coach with Gentry and work with superstar Anthony Davis apparently swayed him.
                            from Yahoo sports.

I mean WTF, you admit the offense was shit, you admit the young players didn't develop, and your first move is to try to hire a defensive coordinator which is suppose to be Casey's saving grace !?!?!? Why the hell did you keep him ?
                            I have so little patience for Masai right now, he basically tied his fate to casey's in my eyes.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                              from Yahoo sports.

I mean WTF, you admit the offense was shit, you admit the young players didn't develop, and your first move is to try to hire a defensive coordinator which is suppose to be Casey's saving grace !?!?!? Why the hell did you keep him ?
                              I have so little patience for Masai right now, he basically tied his fate to casey's in my eyes.
                              That is kinda funny. Although, I am not entirely clear on how the Raps stuff actually functions day to day. If Bayno and Sterner did a lot with the defense (I have no idea) then they likely need to hire someone to fill the spot, so, it may be nothing more than that. If they are looking for someone to come in and change the defensive philosophy, then, I agree, that's messed up.

Comment

• Whats the least amount of games, from the start of a season, that a HC has been fired after?

Comment

Working...
                                X