No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A terrible tactician; a poor leader and a guy who hasn't evolved at all as a HC after 4-5 years.
    You cannot retain that long term.
    I always said that if a GM has DOUBTS about his HC, he's just wasting everyone's time by keeping him around.
    MU clearly has doubts.

Mapko wrote: View Post
    Just curious:
    What if SOB Casey decides to piss everybody off, lead Raps to 55 wins & becomes COY?

Comment

• Casey has been fired, NOT replaced yet.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I think Masai is getting the roster set for a coach he wants long term.

The roster is still a work in progress.

I believe, and hope, this will be Casey's last year unless he makes conference finals and huge improvements.

I don't even believe a 2nd round appearance would be enough....but I admit I am VERY biased.

There were rumblings that Thibs was looked at but Masai didn't like what he heard.

I think Kevin Ollie, with his just $1M buyout, will be Raps head coach next year.

Comment

• The thing is BC deceived us with Casey from the beginning. Idk how he managed to get a reputation as an elite defensive assistant.

That Mavericks team in 2011 was only ranked 8th defensively, which is great but not elite. And they also had Rick Carlisle as a HC, who had pre-established reputation as an elite defensive head coach. I mean look at the defensive rankings of the teams Carlisle coached prior to Dallas

01/02 Pistons: 8th
        02/03 Pistons: 4th
        03/04 Pacers: 3rd
        04/05 Pacers: 11th
        05/06 Pacers: 3rd
        06/07 Pacers: 9th

So who was really the "mastermind" behind Dallas' defensive schemes? During Casey's 2 years in Minny they ranked 10th and 21st, which sounds a lot like our 9th and 23rd the past 2 years.

Dude is a fraud. Not saying fire him now, because we need to have a better option secured first or it'll be more of the same, but I'm not seeing where the defensive rep comes from and he's clueless offensively.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Yeah, conference finals is a little extreme. I think winning raptors first 7 game series will do.
          Last season was supposed to be our "win a 7 game series" season (quite frankly the season before last was too). We were the favorites with home court and we got swept badly. We don't get to lower the bar again because Casey shit the bed in the playoffs last year. Last season the goal was 2nd round, this season the goal is ECF. At the very least a 7 game 2nd round series, not a fucking sweep.

Other than Cleveland I don't see one team more talented than the Raptors. Our roster is better or comparable to Chicago, Atlanta, and Miami. Casey has to get it done in the playoffs, and winning a 1st round series isn't enough at this point, especially in the East. We can't keep giving Casey 3 seasons to clear each playoff round, our players age and their contracts run out.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            The thing is BC deceived us with Casey from the beginning. Idk how he managed to get a reputation as an elite defensive assistant.

That Mavericks team in 2011 was only ranked 8th defensively, which is great but not elite. And they also had Rick Carlisle as a HC, who had pre-established reputation as an elite defensive head coach. I mean look at the defensive rankings of the teams Carlisle coached prior to Dallas

01/02 Pistons: 8th
            02/03 Pistons: 4th
            03/04 Pacers: 3rd
            04/05 Pacers: 11th
            05/06 Pacers: 3rd
            06/07 Pacers: 9th

So who was really the "mastermind" behind Dallas' defensive schemes? During Casey's 2 years in Minny they ranked 10th and 21st, which sounds a lot like our 9th and 23rd the past 2 years.

Dude is a fraud. Not saying fire him now, because we need to have a better option secured first or it'll be more of the same, but I'm not seeing where the defensive rep comes from and he's clueless offensively.
            Fraud is a bit extreme, but a lot of team defense is simply getting players to give better effort, commitment and sacrifice. Basically, like raising your kids, it's kind of like getting guys to do the unpleasant "chores" that they really don't want to do, or get glory for. Wasn't it Demar who was interviewed on NBA TV saying something like, "... coach lets us do whatever we want on offense, as long as we play defense...."

Whether through carrot or stick, holding players accountable to any scheme, IMO, is a huge part of what a coach needs to do to execute any defense. Well documented flaws in the defensive scheme and system matching personnel issues, only compounded the problems last season.

So, tying Casey to Rick Carlisle's defensive success seems to be almost meaningless, since assistant coaches aren't the people who have to face the wrath of player he just disciplined for not playing D. And Casey wearing that Mavs championship ring after the Raps got obliterated by the Wiz.... speechless.
            Last edited by golden; Wed Aug 26, 2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Last season was supposed to be our "win a 7 game series" season (quite frankly the season before last was too). We were the favorites with home court and we got swept badly. We don't get to lower the bar again because Casey shit the bed in the playoffs last year. Last season the goal was 2nd round, this season the goal is ECF. At the very least a 7 game 2nd round series, not a fucking sweep.

Other than Cleveland I don't see one team more talented than the Raptors. Our roster is better or comparable to Chicago, Atlanta, and Miami. Casey has to get it done in the playoffs, and winning a 1st round series isn't enough at this point, especially in the East. We can't keep giving Casey 3 seasons to clear each playoff round, our players age and their contracts run out.
              Raptors our not as talented as CHI and Miami(if healthy). Eastern conference isn't impossible but, I don't think Masai is holding Coach to that standard. Improvement a series and competitive in the second round should do it.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

might need to pump the brakes on the fandom truck.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                  Just curious:
                  What if SOB Casey decides to piss everybody off, lead Raps to 55 wins & becomes COY?
                  If they lose in the first round it is meaningless.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    might need to pump the brakes on the fandom truck.
                    Go player by player and tell me how I'm wrong. Keep in mind the age of the players you're talking about and their recent performances. Better or comparable looks right to me.

Comment

• Wade is alot better than Demar
                      Bosh is alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot better than Ppat

Deng=Carrol right now cause we dont know what carroll is going to do outside of atl, and deng is a known

Lowry is a little better than dragic.

Benches are pretty even imo

Comment

• I forgot, jv beats whiteside

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                          Just curious:
                          Casey becomes the first coach to win COY after improving his team by 6 wins. That's a lot of bribes to pull that off.

Comment

Wade is alot better than Demar
                            Bosh is alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot better than Ppat

Deng=Carrol right now cause we dont know what carroll is going to do outside of atl, and deng is a known

Lowry is a little better than dragic.

Benches are pretty even imo
                            Ah if only basketball worked mathematically like this.

Anyway it is kind of interesting how Miami and Toronto's teams are structured similarly.
                            - Score first all-around PG
                            - Slashing/scoring wing, primary scorer
                            - 3+D small forward (Carroll is a much better shooter though)
                            - Stretch four (obviously Bosh can do way more than just that though)
                            - Young, high potential center

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Ah if only basketball worked mathematically like this.

Anyway it is kind of interesting how Miami and Toronto's teams are structured similarly.
                              - Score first all-around PG
                              - Slashing/scoring wing, primary scorer
                              - 3+D small forward (Carroll is a much better shooter though)
                              - Stretch four (obviously Bosh can do way more than just that though)
                              - Young, high potential center
                              yeah, cause everyone knows that comparing teams in an idividual player basis, while supporting that analysis with statistics is out in left field

Comment

yeah, cause everyone knows that comparing teams in an idividual player basis, while supporting that analysis with statistics is out in left field
                                I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it's a bit too simplistic because you also have to look at how guys play together, team strategy, coaching, culture, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X