No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the current trend continues it may be time to re-visit this issue. I just don't think DC has the ability to adjust.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      If the current trend continues it may be time to re-visit this issue. I just don't think DC has the ability to adjust.
      You may be right, but guys are missing open shots....

Our bench is pretty soft outside of BB and Joseph. If PPat and Ross played better in the last two games, we could be looking at a 6-1 start at the very least. Can't blame coach for that!

Who else was he supposed to go to? Does anyone really think Powell or Bennett would've changed the last two games? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        You may be right, but guys are missing open shots....

Our bench is pretty soft outside of BB and Joseph. If PPat and Ross played better in the last two games, we could be looking at a 6-1 start at the very least. Can't blame coach for that!

Who else was he supposed to go to? Does anyone really think Powell or Bennett would've changed the last two games? Maybe, but I don't think so.
        The errors of the last two games are the results of what started on day one in training camp. It's not simply a sub this guy in type of fix, it's a systemic problem that needed to be addressed on the first day of camp. Now it's on Casey to adjust on the fly, which has never been his strong suit (although at this point, pretty hard to tell what is his strong suit).
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          The errors of the last two games are the results of what started on day one in training camp. It's not simply a sub this guy in type of fix, it's a systemic problem that needed to be addressed on the first day of camp. Now it's on Casey to adjust on the fly, which has never been his strong suit (although at this point, pretty hard to tell what is his strong suit).
          He's coaching for his life this season. He might have to consider learning how to adjust.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I always thought that claiming you didn't have time to cover offense in training camp, is basically an admission that you run a beer-league team.

I mean really, the core you've had for 3+ years is so far behind that you have to eliminate one entire side of the court during 8 weeks of camp? Ridiculous.

Imagine if the Blue Jays started the season saying, "we spent the entirety of Grapefruit League working on defense, that we didn't have any time to swing the bat".

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I always thought that claiming you didn't have time to cover offense in training camp, is basically an admission that you run a beer-league team.

I mean really, the core you've had for 3+ years is so far behind that you have to eliminate one entire side of the court during 8 weeks of camp? Ridiculous.

Imagine if the Blue Jays started the season saying, "we spent the entirety of Grapefruit League working on defense, that we didn't have any time to swing the bat".
              I don't think anything more needs to be added to the bold. Great perspective there.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

One early observation is when I watch Joseph and Carroll trying to get around opposition screens & picks on defense, in comparison to Lowry, DD & Ross, you just see better core fundamentals from the new guys. Joseph, especially, rarely goes under screens, and if he does, he quickly picks gets in contact with his man. This is basic see-man, see-ball, stop-the-ball type of stuff. Almost doesn't matter what the system is, if it breaks down almost immediately.

Another related observation, is that when DD & Lowry get into ISO-mode on offense, especially DD, then they frequently lose their man on screens on the subsequent defensive possession, probably due to expending too much energy having to create solo offense. Basically a re-lapse to last season's style of play, but at least it isn't as frequent this season.

Comment

Lol so tru we have dumb players we should not be reinventing the offensive every year. Casey is gone soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    One early observation is when I watch Joseph and Carroll trying to get around opposition screens & picks on defense, in comparison to Lowry, DD & Ross, you just see better core fundamentals from the new guys. Joseph, especially, rarely goes under screens, and if he does, he quickly picks gets in contact with his man. This is basic see-man, see-ball, stop-the-ball type of stuff. Almost doesn't matter what the system is, if it breaks down almost immediately.

Another related observation, is that when DD & Lowry get into ISO-mode on offense, especially DD, then they frequently lose their man on screens on the subsequent defensive possession, probably due to expending too much energy having to create solo offense. Basically a re-lapse to last season's style of play, but at least it isn't as frequent this season.
                    Not as frequent as last year? Another relapse ugh...

Comment

The complete absence of the sense of "building something" offensively and defensively over the past few seasons is really frustrating, considering it's been the same coach with the same core players for much of the time. Each new season apparently involves a reactionary hitting of the reset button in response to the previous season's fuck ups.

I think most of the W/L improvement is due to the roster getting better than the mess BC left behind, and a really, really weak conference. There'd be no false sense of progress if this team were missing the playoffs in the West each year.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        The complete absence of the sense of "building something" offensively and defensively over the past few seasons is really frustrating, considering it's been the same coach with the same core players for much of the time. Each new season apparently involves a reactionary hitting of the reset button in response to the previous season's fuck ups.

I think most of the W/L improvement is due to the roster getting better than the mess BC left behind, and a really, really weak conference. There'd be no false sense of progress if this team were missing the playoffs in the West each year.
                        BCs biggest mistake was Casey. If he hadn't been fooled into thinking he's a HC he might still be GM.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          BCs biggest mistake was Casey. If he hadn't been fooled into thinking he's a HC he might still be GM.
                          Let's not get carried away here.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            Let's not get carried away here.
                            Different coach means KL-DD-Gay-Amir-JV with a better defense and offense. In the East probably a playoff team.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Different coach means KL-DD-Gay-Amir-JV with a better defense and offense. In the East probably a playoff team.
                              I don't disagree with you. In fact, I want it on record that I am the person who MOST wants Casey gone (and have since the infamous "Come Hell or High Water").

The biggest mistake BC made was most likely the Bargs contract. Possibly Kapono's as well. Actually, could probably call it contracts in general.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                I don't disagree with you. In fact, I want it on record that I am the person who MOST wants Casey gone (and have since the infamous "Come Hell or High Water").

The biggest mistake BC made was most likely the Bargs contract. Possibly Kapono's as well. Actually, could probably call it contracts in general.
                                He had terrible cap management but its shown that Casey wastes spot up shooters. Under a different coach, guys might be underwhelming but not complete contract garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X