Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    spare me your melodrama bullshit.

There were alot of people at the time that felt he should be signed as no one...I mean no one. thought that Greg was worth anything.

Whiteside had for years shown massive potential...never realized...but shown it.

with the raps in that summer league he swatted 2 shots in each of the last 2 games he played, averaged 10 rebounds over 3 games he played(which led the team and was a most needed skill on the bigteam) and shot over 50% from the floor.

I thought Whiteside performed well and was worth an extended look on the end of the bench for a year to see what happened as opposed to paying Greg fucking Steisma to wave a towel.
    Good for you, I guess you saw something 30 NBA teams didn't. You should go get an exec job right now.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      No one in the entire fucking league wanted Whiteside. No one. He didn't get signed until over a week further into the regular season than we are now.
      No one in the fucking league had him in camp and in practice. Its pretty bad to see Whiteside and Steima and take Steimsa. Everybody had a chance to grab Greg this year and last and passed except the Raptors

Comment

spare me your melodrama bullshit.

There were alot of people at the time that felt he should be signed as no one...I mean no one. thought that Greg was worth anything.

Whiteside had for years shown massive potential...never realized...but shown it.

with the raps in that summer league he swatted 2 shots in each of the last 2 games he played, averaged 10 rebounds over 3 games he played(which led the team and was a most needed skill on the bigteam) and shot over 50% from the floor.

I thought Whiteside performed well and was worth an extended look on the end of the bench for a year to see what happened as opposed to paying Greg fucking Steisma to wave a towel.

Comment

• Isnt hindsight the reason people want to fire executives. Too many hindsight gaffes means you make poor decision

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            No one in the fucking league had him in camp and in practice. Its pretty bad to see Whiteside and Steima and take Steimsa. Everybody had a chance to grab Greg this year and last and passed except the Raptors
            Steimsma actually had multiple offers and picked the Raps. He was an established NBA bench big man who had played over 1000 minutes the past two seasons, Whiteside was a guy who was just playing in Libya or some shit.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              thats not hindsight..I was one of the pro whiteside people back then

Comment

Steimsma actually had multiple offers and picked the Raps. He was an established NBA bench big man who had played over 1000 minutes the past two seasons, Whiteside was a guy who was just playing in Libya or some shit.
                please, you can try an push this all you want, there were people who thought differently.

then Memphis picked him up and found with their crowded frontcourt he wasnt needed, he went to the dleague and exploded.

Whiteside was in China and was finals MVP and Defensive player of the year.

Comment

please, you can try an push this all you want, there were people who thought differently.

then Memphis picked him up and found with their crowded frontcourt he wasnt needed, he went to the dleague and exploded.

That was such a good series!

Comment

• His measurements are freakish

Comment

Did you read how Whiteside basically had attitude issues accepting a contract with no guaranteed playing time? He wanted guaranteed minutes and wouldn't sign to be a 3rd stringer benchwarmer. He seemed to actually make his own way out of places like Memphis by refusing to compromise on that. Lucky for him the Heat didn't have a C on their roster, otherwise he'd probably still be in China or the D league.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

They're also owned by a Billionaire, which I pointed out repeatedly is what you need to be able to fire you coach without worrying about the cost. Not to mention they have a championship caliber roster right now and were just in the WCF last season. We have nowhere near the talent Houston does, nowhere near the recent success, and we don't have a Billionaire owner who doesn't have to answer to shareholders. Leslie Alexander has had the Rockets as a play thing since 1993, he could give a fuck about $12M over 3 years. Bell-Rogers is not the same situation, not even close.

With that said, we don't owe Casey any money beyond this season, and it costs nothing extra to promote one of the assistants to replace him for the rest of the season, so we should go ahead and do that.
                        If the cost of firing coaches was so prohibitive, the average tenure would be a lot longer than 2 years and change. Every team fires coaches regardless of the cost. Why do you think teams can afford to buy out players like Larry Sanders and Josh Smith? Deadweight is a sunk cost. You cut ties and move on. This doesn't just apply to sports franchises, it applies to all organizations. That's why execs receive packages when they are terminated.

Masai not being able to fire Casey is straight up revisionist history. It's been on the table ever since the days of Alan Anderson getting free rein in fourth quarters.

But better late than never.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Masai not being able to fire Casey is straight up revisionist history. It's been on the table ever since the days of Alan Anderson getting free rein in fourth quarters.
                          Unless someone can find me a quote from Grange or Brunt or some other reporter who is well-connected to Rogers/Bell/MLSE espousing this theory (and I have never seen one), then all this "Ujiri couldn't fire Casey cause MLSE didn't want to pay for him" is pure speculation, which is largely driven by the fact that the posters on here can't figure out how MU didn't fire him. There are plenty of other reasons why MU didn't fire Casey: (a) thought it was more personnel than coach; (b) couldn't find anyone; (c) thinks Casey is doing fine; (d) thinks Casey is doing a good job; etc.

But accepting any of those arguments creates a lot of cognitive dissonance since MU is universally regarded as a pretty good GM and Dwane Casey is the worst coach in the history of everything anywhere anytime...

Comment

• Casey..What did you do to The Raptor Reppers?

They should of won this game, from 10 points at least!!!

You Had....The Golden State Warriors bricking, making mistakes, and NONE of The Squad seemed Hyper about what they Had....Except Joseph and Scola....

The Whole Team was like Repping like they were down 20 Points!!!

they had No intensity!!! No Drive...The kept stepping out of bounds...They did not even Know!!!

You have destroyed the Confidence of The Reppers(player not) they Had.....

a Chance To blow out the Golden State Crew(Big Up's Steph Curry) and they LOST???

The guys were hanging there heads as if they were getting blowing out!!!

Then When You were close you went back to ISO???

WHY DID YOU NOT RUN WIT THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIOR CREW???

Casey.....
                            Last edited by CB4Champ; Wed Nov 18, 2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Did you read how Whiteside basically had attitude issues accepting a contract with no guaranteed playing time? He wanted guaranteed minutes and wouldn't sign to be a 3rd stringer benchwarmer. He seemed to actually make his own way out of places like Memphis by refusing to compromise on that. Lucky for him the Heat didn't have a C on their roster, otherwise he'd probably still be in China or the D league.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              yup, i read that, but on a team with piss poor rebounding and no front court defense outside of Amir there was no reason to not keep hiim around.,..and if I recall correctly, that was in memphis that he had those concerns. not here.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Kevin Mchale was fired 11 games into his new contract extension, which is worth in excess of $12 million. More evidence that money shouldn't be an excuse when it comes to changes in leadership. It's too important.
                                Some organizations such as the Rockets have either no patience for a bad/slow start or have a higher standard's of expectations (competing for a championship), the Raptors thus far have plenty of patience and much lower standards of expectations (getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs). I would have liked for Casey to have been gone by last season but it seems that if he doesn't meet this year standards of expectations (given Masai went out to get defensive minded players), there won't be a good enough reason as to renew his contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X