#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Some organizations such as the Rockets have either no patience for a bad/slow start or have a higher standard's of expectations (competing for a championship), the Raptors thus far have plenty of patience and much lower standards of expectations (getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs). I would have liked for Casey to have been gone by last season but it seems that if he doesn't meet this year standards of expectations (given Masai went out to get defensive minded players), there won't be a good enough reason as to renew his contract.
    you spelled treadmill wrong

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Unless someone can find me a quote from Grange or Brunt or some other reporter who is well-connected to Rogers/Bell/MLSE espousing this theory (and I have never seen one), then all this "Ujiri couldn't fire Casey cause MLSE didn't want to pay for him" is pure speculation, which is largely driven by the fact that the posters on here can't figure out how MU didn't fire him. There are plenty of other reasons why MU didn't fire Casey: (a) thought it was more personnel than coach; (b) couldn't find anyone; (c) thinks Casey is doing fine; (d) thinks Casey is doing a good job; etc.

But accepting any of those arguments creates a lot of cognitive dissonance since MU is universally regarded as a pretty good GM and Dwane Casey is the worst coach in the history of everything anywhere anytime...
      Think whatever you want. The Raptors have an operating income of $18M and are owned by a corporation. They're not going to throw away $4M on a coach who got them to the playoffs 2 years in a row. If we were at the bottom of the standings then maybe it would make financial sense to Bell-Rogers, but we weren't. We just spent a ton of money on a DLeague team $6M+ and a new practice facility, I don't think there was an extra $4M laying around to try out a new coach. This argument is fucking pointless anyways. Casey's contract is done, and if he is brought back I will join you on the "what the fuck is Masai doing" bandwagon.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Unless someone can find me a quote from Grange or Brunt or some other reporter who is well-connected to Rogers/Bell/MLSE espousing this theory (and I have never seen one), then all this "Ujiri couldn't fire Casey cause MLSE didn't want to pay for him" is pure speculation, which is largely driven by the fact that the posters on here can't figure out how MU didn't fire him. There are plenty of other reasons why MU didn't fire Casey: (a) thought it was more personnel than coach; (b) couldn't find anyone; (c) thinks Casey is doing fine; (d) thinks Casey is doing a good job; etc.

But accepting any of those arguments creates a lot of cognitive dissonance since MU is universally regarded as a pretty good GM and Dwane Casey is the worst coach in the history of everything anywhere anytime...
        My favorite people, logical thought patterns with the ability to critically think forward with no emotion bias. Although worded different I previously have had the same conundrum, as in the real world I find there is no right answer.

Comment

• McHale just got fired by rockets so that may get the ball rolling on this years round of coach firings. I think Casey gets spared an early firing, and will be judged by how the playoffs go.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            McHale just got fired by rockets so that may get the ball rolling on this years round of coach firings. I think Casey gets spared an early firing, and will be judged by how the playoffs go.
            That was last year

too late

Comment

• sigh why is this guy still our coach? so depressing.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• as I said a week ago, Triano >>>>>>>> Casey and he proved me right again.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  sigh why is this guy still our coach? so depressing.
                  He's an NBA coach and has forgotten more than you will ever know about basketball!!!

Didn't you know?

Comment

• Can we arrange a strike in downtown if Casey is still coaching in 2016?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Can we arrange a strike in downtown if Casey is still coaching in 2016?
                      Can we arrange a strike tomorrow?

Comment

• we could always try making a "Fire Casey" chant at the next home game.

Comment

• Whoever goes to the next home game, remember to start a "Fire Casey" chant.

Comment

• someone kill me pls.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Is Casey a bad coach and the team is doing what he is asking?

Or

Has he lost the locker room and players are refusing to adapt to new style?

Either way, not good for him.

It seems all the talk and hype over this past summer was straight bullsheet.

Things looked promising for first 4 of 5 games...but I guess further proof ever ying eventually reverts to the mean.

Comment

• Few random painful thoughts that add to the #FireCasey fuel.

Lowry is playing more minutes per game than last year. Are we doomed to repeat his burnout?

Carroll is playing 4 1/2 more minutes per, taking 3 more shots per, including 1 more 3PA per, yet has the same PPG as last year with worse APG and RPG.

Demar is still Demar. Same minutes, FGA, Usage, RPG - same poor decisions with a sprinkling of good plays.

JV is getting less minutes than his 2nd season and only 1 more FGA per game.

Here is a big one. JV is 8th on the team in 4th Q FGAs with 11. 1 more attempt than Norman Powell. DD leads the team with 47. Biyombo has 20. Surprisingly, Scola is actually lower with 8 FGA.

Masai?!! You reading this?!
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X