#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    The % don't favor the 2 as much if you break it down. Too much has to go against % to work. Even bad FT shooters hit 50%. A good look by a decent 3pt shooter is 34% and there is always the potential for 2 shots depending on OReb and a good bounce off a miss.
    It's just wasting time. Not an option when you don't have timeouts.

Comment

• So you know how we criticize Casey for his out of timeout plays:

top 5 points per possession after Timeout:

1. Spurs
      2. Raptors
      3. Warriors
      4. Hornets
      5. Timberwolves

I'm as surprised as anyone by this statistic.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
        So you know how we criticize Casey for his out of timeout plays:

1. Spurs
        2. Raptors
        3. Warriors
        4. Hornets
        5. Timberwolves

Now pull out the 4th quarter stats.

Comment

1. Spurs
          2. Raptors
          3. Warriors
          4. Hornets
          5. Timberwolves

tDotted wrote: View Post
          Now pull out the 4th quarter stats.
          see, doesn't matter. move the bar. #becausereasons

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            see, doesn't matter. move the bar. #becausereasons
            Or because this team loses many close games in the 4th?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Or because this team loses many close games in the 4th?
              they also win more than they lose, but we can ignore that part in this thread right?

win 10
              win 19
              win 11
              win 5
              loss 5
              loss 20
              loss 2
              win 16
              win 19
              loss 6
              loss 5
              loss 4
              win 11
              win 11
              win 4
              win 2
              loss 5
              win 10
              loss 1
              loss 3

"it isn't that we are losing that casey is bad it is that he only lets the team lose by a couple points. he would be a better coach if the games weren't close"

that is the narrative you are pushing against a poster who pointed out that one of the main concerns against casey is his out of timeout plays and backed it with stats.

Comment

1. Spurs
                2. Raptors
                3. Warriors
                4. Hornets
                5. Timberwolves

Just out of curiousity where did you get ATO stats? Synergy stopped public access

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  they also win more than they lose, but we can ignore that part in this thread right?

win 10
                  win 19
                  win 11
                  win 5
                  loss 5
                  loss 20
                  loss 2
                  win 16
                  win 19
                  loss 6
                  loss 5
                  loss 4
                  win 11
                  win 11
                  win 4
                  win 2
                  loss 5
                  win 10
                  loss 1
                  loss 3

"it isn't that we are losing that casey is bad it is that he only lets the team lose by a couple points. he would be a better coach if the games weren't close"

that is the narrative you are pushing against a poster who pointed out that one of the main concerns against casey is his out of timeout plays and backed it with stats.
                  I asked to see the 4th quarter stats and now I'm pushing a narrative. Lol alright man

Comment

1. Spurs
                    2. Raptors
                    3. Warriors
                    4. Hornets
                    5. Timberwolves

I've seen a bunch of nice out of timeout plays from the Raps this year; I've also seen at least one nice one where an assistant was drawing it up.

I've ALSO seen, in consecutive games, Demarre Carroll (a terrible passer) as the inbounder in crunch-time, and having to burn timeouts both times because he couldn't get it in, even though both times there were multiple open targets.
                    Last edited by JimiCliff; Mon Dec 7, 2015, 09:21 AM.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

1. Spurs
                      2. Raptors
                      3. Warriors
                      4. Hornets
                      5. Timberwolves

You can thank the assistant coaches for those drawn up plays and players for execution. Casey does not factor in.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        You can thank the assistant coaches for those drawn up plays and players for execution. Casey does not factor in.
                        lol he was constnatly being criticized for this last year and put in comparison to Brad Stevens who was viewed as great as it. You got to play both ways folks

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          So is there any evidence for this or is it just blind Casey hating?

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            I've seen a bunch of nice out of timeout plays from the Raps this year; I've also seen at least one nice one where an assistant was drawing it up.

I've ALSO seen, in consecutive games, Demarre Carroll (a terrible passer) as the inbounder in crunch-time, and having to burn timeouts both times because he couldn't get it in, even though both times there were multiple open targets.
                            Yep, Raptors are the only team in the NBA where assistants draw up plays either on the court or behind the scenes. Every other head coach draws up all his own original ATO plays from scratch every year with no input from anyone.

And, of course, the Raptors are the only team that ever bungles an ATO play. Every other team in the league executes perfectly 100% of the time. And every mistake is Dwane Casey's fault. He telepathically told Demarre Carroll to not pass the ball to open men. That's how powerful his mind is. Jebus.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              So shouldn't we be very pleased that:

1) the stats Jrice9 has brought forward tell such a positive story, and
                              2) Casey is making good use of his assistants' strengths, this season, to improve the team's performance?

What's not to like?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                So shouldn't we be very pleased that:

1) the stats Jrice9 has brought forward tell such a positive story, and
                                2) Casey is making good use of his assistants' strengths, this season, to improve the team's performance?

What's not to like?
                                We absolutely should. It has been my position on Casey that he is a good motivational coach, and as long as he is not in charge of the offensive or defensive systems, or the ATO plays, or the substitutions, he won't be doing anything he's bad at.

This might sound facetious but I do honestly believe that Casey is a good coach for getting guys to put in effort and play for him - even guys like JJ and JV who are dramatically underused seem to like Casey for some reason. So that's good.

The good news is that good assistants CAN be given the role of offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator - as seen to pretty good effect with Greer, and not great effect from Kalamian (who I believe is the offence guy this year). Nurse did a great job with his horns offence a couple years ago. And ATO's can come from anybody, no problem there. But unfortunately, the biggest issue I have with Casey (now that his insane defensive system is finally gone) is his rotation. And head coaches are the guys who make that call, seemingly without exception.

That's where I have to draw the line with Casey - and why I want him gone. He plays the wrong guys too much, the right guys too little, uses most of them wrong in terms of role, and most of them with the wrong teammates (IMO, obviously, though there are stats that tell the same story).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X