No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always defended Casey because frankly, he's the best coach we've had — unless you think Lenny Wilkens deserves more credit for leading a team with Vince in his prime to the second round.

I consider him a good developmental coach, that helped create a culture of hard-work and personal accountability. Up until this recent losing streak, the chemistry of this team was good.

BUT ... if Casey is losing the locker room, and guys are starting to question their roles, the schemes, etc. Than yeah — Casey's value as a coach diminishes significantly.

Part of deciding whether Casey is the right coach for this team depends on what you think the ceiling of this actually roster is. Are we still a team in progress or are we a good coach away from contention?

For example, I think a team like the Timberwolves, Magic, or even the Cavs would be better off with a coach like Casey at the helm. But yeah, it's hard to argue that Casey can lead a team to the finals. He has a lot to prove until he can be talked about in the same breath of guys like Van Gundy, Thibodeau, Vogel, Carlisle or other great coaches that haven't already won a ring.

Comment

• #FireCasey

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Do you talk like this to people on a day-to-day basis? Do you have a constantly broken nose and none of your own teeth left? Seriously man, learn how to converse without being an antagonizing punk. I don't think any poster comes close to how obnoxious and flat out inflammatory as you are (ignoring people who are clearly here just to troll).

*What you seem to think is obnoxious is people trying to use adult language and evidence-based (even if imperfect) opinions...meanwhile everything with you is about "haters" and "fanboys" and lacks any depth or sense of objective perspective.

*Note: I quoted this one post, but I am referring to your whole set of posts.
      Lmao whoa there Internet tough guy.

I was looking for something in the rambling post above to reply to but I see nothing there. It all lacks any depth or sense of objective perspective.

I didn't quite understand why my reply to CalgaryRapsFan would anger you so much until I remembered that you're one of the biggest JV fanboys on RR. I guess my post hit home.

Maybe you should mind your own business and stop calling posters "antagonizing punks." I honestly don't know who you think you are, but you are quite annoying when you pretend to be a mod. Are you a mod? Did I miss the announcement?

This is a forum isn't it? Can I not have an opinion? Matter fact please don't answer me....I've read enough of your posts over the years. I know I won't be missing much. All I see nowadays are complaints complaints complaints over JV's Playing time and how much of an idiot Casey is..... So objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Lmao whoa there Internet tough guy.

I was looking for something in the rambling post above to reply to but I see nothing there. It all lacks any depth or sense of objective perspective.

I didn't quite understand why my reply to CalgaryRapsFan would anger you so much until I remembered that you're one of the biggest JV fanboys on RR. I guess my post hit home.

Maybe you should mind your own business and stop calling posters "antagonizing punks." I honestly don't know who you think you are, but you are quite annoying when you pretend to be a mod. Are you a mod? Did I miss the announcement?

This is a forum isn't it? Can I not have an opinion? Matter fact please don't answer me....I've read enough of your posts over the years. I know I won't be missing much. All I see nowadays are complaints complaints complaints over JV's Playing time and how much of an idiot Casey is..... So objective.

I'm a big JV fan. I'm also a big fan of pretty much any talented players we have...heck, even some of the untalented ones. If you had indeed read all my posts over the years, you'd know I also make an effort to base my opinions in logic, and try to avoid flamewars. Yes I can be subjective about things, and such opinions will probably influence arguments I make, which is why I try to focus on bringing in some objective rationale into it.

You on the other hand, have almost exclusively been involved in flamewars over all the years I've been here. You pretty much exclusively post to call people idiots, fanboys, haters, etc...when they point out a flaw in the team, a player or the coach.

As for mods, you got into it with CRF, a mod, who was just pointing out that the #fireCasey contingent of fans have made a case that goes far beyond being a JV-centric issue. Bringing up, again, language all about fanboys and haters without making a real substantial argument beyond that. One can only assume you either aren't reading all the posts, or you aren't understanding them.

Oh, and here are some thing you might like to know about the dynamics of an internet forum
        -I am minding my own business by responding. You're posting on a public internet forum. Anyone is free to respond to any statement you make. Any post becomes every poster's business if they so choose.
        -Don't expect many people to respect your opinions if your defence of them is always calling people who don't agree stupid, crazy, fanboys, haters, etc...whatever random term of the day you happen to be using.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I'm a big JV fan. I'm also a big fan of pretty much any talented players we have...heck, even some of the untalented ones. If you had indeed read all my posts over the years, you'd know I also make an effort to base my opinions in logic, and try to avoid flamewars. Yes I can be subjective about things, and such opinions will probably influence arguments I make, which is why I try to focus on bringing in some objective rationale into it.

You on the other hand, have almost exclusively been involved in flamewars over all the years I've been here. You pretty much exclusively post to call people idiots, fanboys, haters, etc...when they point out a flaw in the team, a player or the coach.

As for mods, you got into it with CRF, a mod, who was just pointing out that the #fireCasey contingent of fans have made a case that goes far beyond being a JV-centric issue. Bringing up, again, language all about fanboys and haters without making a real substantial argument beyond that. One can only assume you either aren't reading all the posts, or you aren't understanding them.

Oh, and here are some thing you might like to know about the dynamics of an internet forum
          -I am minding my own business by responding. You're posting on a public internet forum. Anyone is free to respond to any statement you make. Any post becomes every poster's business if they so choose.
          -Don't expect many people to respect your opinions if your defence of them is always calling people who don't agree stupid, crazy, fanboys, haters, etc...whatever random term of the day you happen to be using.
          That's better. I actually respect posts when they exclude unnecessary name calling and personal attacks. Your other post was just whack.

For the record, I never called anyone stupid or crazy. I've been called a Demar fanboy soo many times by others that I lost count. You've been here for a long time, so you know I'm not making that up. Also, I rarely ever use the term hater unless it's in regards to an obvious bias against a person.

There really wasn't any justification for your outburst. Frankly, it was uncalled for. I bet if we check the threads you've used the words crazy and stupid countless times (probably with regards to Casey and his "supporters").

I'd really appreciate it if you don't make up words with regards to my posts. It's all there for you to see and I own up to my opinions. Also, unlike many others, I do apologize if I offend someone personally.

Back to the thread...

It's so weird.... I never considered myself a Casey defender/supporter. There was a time I would've been happy to send him packing with BC. However, ever since the Rudy trade this team clicked.....I think he's done a decent job and is likely the best head coach we've had around here. (I'm pretty sure he will become the winningest coach in our history this season).

I guess when the mob starts screaming (tank or fire Casey) the rational person in me says wait a minute.....what is this really about? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

The fire Casey brigade doesn't want to admit that nobody's saying let's sign this guy to a longer term. I just think it's in the best interest of the team to play the season out. I want to see how we play in the playoffs.... First round exit and I'll pick up the pitch fork and join the mob. Until then I just can't endorse the fire Casey mantra.

With regards to the talk about players being ruined by coaches I say b/s. Players switch coaches all the time..... You can't use the excuse... "My first coach ruined me." This is a man's game and players have to take responsibility too.

Comment

• I personally despise Casey as a coach, for the most part (I am willing to admit he has had stretches where he has done a good overall job). But even I think he should get a shot at the post-season to see what he can do. If we are out after one round, he packs his bags. If not, then he gets judged on his merits - which if the bottom half of the East playoff picture keeps improving, means he did a bang up job. I personally doubt he gets us very far, but if he does, more power to him.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I personally despise Casey as a coach, for the most part (I am willing to admit he has had stretches where he has done a good overall job). But even I think he should get a shot at the post-season to see what he can do. If we are out after one round, he packs his bags. If not, then he gets judged on his merits - which if the bottom half of the East playoff picture keeps improving, means he did a bang up job. I personally doubt he gets us very far, but if he does, more power to him.
              And I think a lot of people are of this mind.

I mostly just think if we keep playing the way we have this month, we shouldn't wait til the end of the season. That kind of scenario is a good opportunity to give one of the assistants a shot at the job in the interim.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                And I think a lot of people are of this mind.

I mostly just think if we keep playing the way we have this month, we shouldn't wait til the end of the season. That kind of scenario is a good opportunity to give one of the assistants a shot at the job in the interim.
                Well, if we drop out of the top 4 in the East by the all-star break, there will be plenty of room for discussion of cutting Casey early. For the moment though, willing to operate on the assumption that Casey makes the playoffs.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, if we drop out of the top 4 in the East by the all-star break, there will be plenty of room for discussion of cutting Casey early. For the moment though, willing to operate on the assumption that Casey makes the playoffs.
                  It's basically impossible for us to fall out of the top 4. Who's going to top us, Boston and their firesale squad, or Knicks with their firesale squad, or maybe Brooklyn with their soon to be fire sale squad, and hey that Philly team seems like it's really due for a 15 game winning streak pretty soon.

Comment

• Yeah the worst seed Raptors will be is 4th but they won't have home court advantage in first round....am I remembering that correctly?

And if they play the 5th seed, it will not be an easy opponent (likely Washington, Cleveland, or Chicago).

Comment

THat's probably fair. It's late in the season already. I do think the decision has to be made soon if it's going to be made, and by the all-star break's probably the latest they could make the deadline for a change. And I do think they'll promote someone in the staff if they fire him. It's way too hard to bring in a new guy this late in the season. Any guys they can talk to now they can talk to in the summer if they don't like the interim guy.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Yeah the worst seed Raptors will be is 4th but they won't have home court advantage in first round....am I remembering that correctly?

And if they play the 5th seed, it will not be an easy opponent (likely Washington, Cleveland, or Chicago).
                        don't the top 4 seeds get home court advantage? and i highly doubt we're playing chicago or washington first round. pretty much locked for cleveland.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          don't the top 4 seeds get home court advantage? and i highly doubt we're playing chicago or washington first round. pretty much locked for cleveland.
                          No homecourt goes to the better record.

Also it's too early to just say the standings will stay as they are. Cavs are 5 games back of Chicago and 7 from Washington, too much season left to call it already.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            No homecourt goes to the better record.

Also it's too early to just say the standings will stay as they are. Cavs are 5 games back of Chicago and 7 from Washington, too much season left to call it already.
                            oh mcH said we won't get home court so that threw me off lol

and i really don't see the cavs higher than 4th (unless they play up to potential) but yeah, long season.

Comment

• #ProveEm
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                oh mcH said we won't get home court so that threw me off lol

and i really don't see the cavs higher than 4th (unless they play up to potential) but yeah, long season.
                                The lowest the Raps will finish is 4th - they are winning Atlantic.

However there is a real possibility seed 5 has a better record.

In that situation, home court will go to seed 5.

It is a near certainty, in my opinion, that the top 5 teams in the East, in no particular order, are going to be Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, and Washington.

If Toronto finishes 4th - which I think is highly likely - then they are playing one of those 5 teams. I do not feel confident in either of those matchups.

Comment

Working...
                                X