#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    It why the team came up with WeTheFourth. They start slow or have just terrible quarters.
    Last year we were 15th in 1st Q point differential. The year before, 6th. This is a new problem.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• They also started slow then had GV and Lou bail them out.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        thanks for assuming I haven't watched the team for long, as if that actually has any impact on the discussion.

when did i say this is a championship team?

Regarding the bold, effort is NOT something I see on a regular basis from this team. The countless horrid 1st quarters, the missed closeouts, the guards allowing straight line drives are all things that were major issues last year and are coming back.

Guys play their asses of for Thibs, not for Casey.

And you are getting very close to the old #respecttherecord dialogue which I have no interest in.

I'm watching the way these guys play, and it is SHITTY basketball more often than not.
        If Thibs was our coach we wouldn't lose at home to DEN , SAC NYK and PHX.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          anyone going through 5 years of thibs coaching the bulls to see if this is an absolute?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            anyone going through 5 years of thibs coaching the bulls to see if this is an absolute?
            here i did it. so through his own history thibs is not immune to losing to the teams above at home. even with a team that made the conference finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...011_games.html
            http://www.basketball-reference.com/...014_games.html
            http://www.basketball-reference.com/...013_games.html
            http://www.basketball-reference.com/...012_games.html

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              here i did it. so through his own history thibs is not immune to losing to the teams above at home. even with a team that made the conference finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...011_games.html
              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...014_games.html
              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...013_games.html
              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...012_games.html
              other coaches have lost at home, who knew 🤔

Casey is just so terrible, recall everyone from D-league and run a 7 man rotation against a team that lost to the TWolves

Comment

• I still stand by what I said about Triano > Casey

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Or just remember games. This has been his problem since Minnesota. McHale said he doesn't prepare for games at all hence they fired him.
                  Can you please provide a quote where Kevin McHale said that? I cannot find one through Google. And that Minny team went 20-20 with Casey and 12-30 the rest of the way, so, yeah..... maybe not the best example.

Comment

• Casey is not a good HC. He's a great assistant.

But at the same time, would you guys prefer an all-offense coach?
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• The Raptors are pretty good most of the time and really, really bad some of the time. Dwane Casey is almost assuredly safe until the end of the season. He really needs to win a playoff series, though. If Toronto does boot Casey at the end of the season, they'd be eating just one year of salary thanks to a well-placed team option.

Remember that GM Masai Ujiri inherited Casey, and in fact never got the opportunity to hire his own coach in Denver, either. Ujiri isn't the type to fire a coach on a selfish whim, but finally being able to make your mark in that fashion has to be attractive for him. Plus, if Toronto can't win four playoff games with this pretty solid roster, it may be correct to presume they've gone as far as they can under Casey.

Comment

• That's from last season, right?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          The media in Toronto is a huge problem. When we watch a 4th quarter against Indiana, or 4th + OT against Charlotte, our analysts just praise Lowry and DeRozan and talk about how they 'normally hit those shots'. I've never heard our analysts call out our lack of ball movement, or talk about the risks we're taking giving Kyle and DeMar such a huge load minutes and usage-wise.

If either of those guys gets injured this year we're in trouble, because noone else is involved enough offensively to pick up the slack.
                          Do you actually expect them to emphasize and break down how the team sucks? I can guarantee you they'd be fired if they did that. They are paid by entertainment organizations that are putting forth an entertainment package - it's more color commentary than actual intelligent basketball analysis. I bet you if you allowed them to truthfully critique the team, they'd be bang on.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I think this is fair. He has this season to prove he can win a playoff series and with this roster you should be able to win the first round against a lower seed (health depending). If not then the team needs to go another direction because the current system has hit it's ceiling.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I think this is fair. He has this season to prove he can win a playoff series and with this roster you should be able to win the first round against a lower seed (health depending). If not then the team needs to go another direction because the current system has hit it's ceiling.
                              But we literally said the exact same thing last year. And we were healthy as can be expected and had home court vs the lower seed.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                The media in Toronto is a huge problem. When we watch a 4th quarter against Indiana, or 4th + OT against Charlotte, our analysts just praise Lowry and DeRozan and talk about how they 'normally hit those shots'. I've never heard our analysts call out our lack of ball movement, or talk about the risks we're taking giving Kyle and DeMar such a huge load minutes and usage-wise.

If either of those guys gets injured this year we're in trouble, because noone else is involved enough offensively to pick up the slack.
                                Leo calls it out pretty regularly, and Jack will mention it from time to time. Devlin is the only unabashed/shameless Bell/Rogers cheerleader, and easily the worst trumpeter of "shots they normally make". TBH he does it so much (and with a weird, subtle inflection) that I'm starting to wonder if he's actually baiting fans who bitch about iso ball/bad midrange shots on twitter.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X