No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of related to this topic but not directly.. early in the season it was reported Nick Nurse was highly touted as an assistant for Steve Kerr and his coaching staff. now that i look at the eventual assistants for Steve Kerr and the way they have been playing, it makes me wonder what kind of coach Nick Nurse is going to be. It'll be interesting to if Casey gets fired soon and be replaced by Nick Nurse.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      Kind of related to this topic but not directly.. early in the season it was reported Nick Nurse was highly touted as an assistant for Steve Kerr and his coaching staff. now that i look at the eventual assistants for Steve Kerr and the way they have been playing, it makes me wonder what kind of coach Nick Nurse is going to be. It'll be interesting to if Casey gets fired soon and be replaced by Nick Nurse.
      Isn't Nick Nurse the architect of our "offence"?
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I really wish the rest of the season would play out like this:

The team realizes that 4th place is a lock, stops trying to win every game and starts using half the games to try out strategies for improving the offence and defence, as well as individual players, and just as importantly testing out strategies that can beat the 3 or 4 other teams we may see in the playoffs. Rest their stars the way the Spurs do and get ready to win in the playoffs on the road.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Isn't Nick Nurse the architect of our "offence"?
          VERY DOUBTFUL... Casey just refuses to implement.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            Kind of related to this topic but not directly.. early in the season it was reported Nick Nurse was highly touted as an assistant for Steve Kerr and his coaching staff. now that i look at the eventual assistants for Steve Kerr and the way they have been playing, it makes me wonder what kind of coach Nick Nurse is going to be. It'll be interesting to if Casey gets fired soon and be replaced by Nick Nurse.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
              im pretty sure all our offensive sets are made by nurse...
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                I don't know and you don't know what Nurse is telling Casey and how much/little Casey implements.

Why pretend you do?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I don't know and you don't know what Nurse is telling Casey and how much/little Casey implements.

Why pretend you do?
                  Its the same offense pre - Nick Nurse. Nurse on the Vipers didn't advocate guard isolation and pull up threes as the main offense.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Its the same offense pre - Nick Nurse. Nurse on the Vipers didn't advocate guard isolation and pull up threes as the main offense.
                    +1

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Anything to back up what you're saying?

Comment

Anything to back up what you're saying?
                        Tired of linking from my phone. Look up Rio Grande Vipers

Comment

• The current offense is a direct over-reaction to how our offense was crippled by Brooklyn's size and length in the playoffs. We couldn't run horns because the Nets trapped Lowry and Demar on the catch. Now the Raptors are over compensating with ISOs, guys creating off the dribble and trying to create/find more easy opportunities in transition.

That's fine in small doses but they've gone overboard. They need to get back to basics.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                            The current offense is a direct over-reaction to how our offense was crippled by Brooklyn's size and length in the playoffs. We couldn't run horns because the Nets trapped Lowry and Demar on the catch. Now the Raptors are over compensating with ISOs, guys creating off the dribble and trying to create/find more easy opportunities in transition.

That's fine in small doses but they've gone overboard. They need to get back to basics.
                            PPats should be starting and Amir screening for GV. If the starters aren't running screens Amir isn't as useful and a spacer helps, with JJ Raptors can try to prevent all the layup and penetration and move DD to SG. GV, Lou and Ross can chuck with Amir and TH under the rim.

Comment

• Nurse's Viper teams were fast paced and shot a ton of 3's.

Since Nurse arrived our pace has increased each year and so has our 3 pt shooting.

But with a centre like Val on the floor, how fast do you want your pace?

Comment

Nurse's Viper teams were fast paced and shot a ton of 3's.

Since Nurse arrived our pace has increased each year and so has our 3 pt shooting.

But with a centre like Val on the floor, how fast do you want your pace?
                                He did not use pace. That is the result of D-league being a league without good bigs and an emphasis on offense. His job was to create shots on the perimeter and inside only and lobbing passes to avoid set defenses. You can't do any of that with isolation sets since there is no midrange.

Comment

Working...
                                X