#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Never been a Casey fan, but fuck. What's wrong with you people?. The team is doing great, with the most sustainable style of play we've seen since ????.

OK, I'll join in with the negativity. What happens if we do too well in the playoffs, make the NBA finals with game 7 being decided on the final shot, causing Masai to give Casey an extension. Boy, that would really suck.
    Every year same crap, the regular season is completely meaningless except as preperation for the playoffs. The team is getting older and the salary situation reflects that. If this core has a three year window, a terrible playoff should mean a coaching change. Tearing the roster down next year means jettisoning contracts

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      They've won three playoff series the past two years. They've performed about as poorly as possible in the first round with lesser teams than this one and won those series anyway.
      Sure. My point isn't that they're likely to lose in the first round against a weaker team. I don't think they will. But it's at least conceivable, based on what we've seen in the past. Unlike, say, losing every game for the rest of the year. Or even just missing the playoffs.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Every year same crap, the regular season is completely meaningless except as preperation for the playoffs. The team is getting older and the salary situation reflects that. If this core has a three year window, a terrible playoff should mean a coaching change. Tearing the roster down next year means jettisoning contracts
        People keep saying this shit; often the same people who freak out every time we lose a regular season game, or run 12 man rotations in November or play 5 bench guys at the same time, etc.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

People keep saying this shit; often the same people who freak out every time we lose a regular season game, or run 12 man rotations in November or play 5 bench guys at the same time, etc.
          Said this when the Raptors started hot early in previous years. All it shows is that they could have won just as much without just relying on Demar and Kyle in previous years and completely eliminating any ball movement, when Eastern teams were weaker.

Comment

• For two years now this team has beaten everybody they've met in the playoffs who didn't have Lebron on their team. There have been ugly moments, but this is not the team from 3 and 4 years ago.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Sure. My point isn't that they're likely to lose in the first round against a weaker team. I don't think they will. But it's at least conceivable, based on what we've seen in the past. Unlike, say, losing every game for the rest of the year. Or even just missing the playoffs.
              To me it's only really a possibility (any more than missing the playoffs, anyway) if there are some extenuating circumstances, like a weird team being a first round matchup (like LBJ for example gliding into a low seed just because he can) or a significant injury, and I expect Casey will be kept around in that case.

I mean, sure, if they straight up lose a first round matchup against an inferior team specifically for obvious coaching reasons, yeah, sure, Masai might move on from Casey. But I expect even then, even in that scenario, he wouldn't. Blame would be placed on JV, or the youth not being ready, or not having enough shooting, and Masai will make roster moves this summer to address one or more of those issues, and Casey will get another shot.

But again, I find that such a scenario is quite a long shot to even happen - this team has too much talent to bow out in the 1st round even if Casey takes a few games to get his head out of his ass as per usual.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                For two years now this team has beaten everybody they've met in the playoffs who didn't have Lebron on their team. There have been ugly moments, but this is not the team from 3 and 4 years ago.
                And it's literally a different team from 1 year ago, nearly every role player around kyle and demar is different. In my early observations, I don't fear guys like miles, OG and siakam "gulping" at the pressure and looking deer in headlight. 2pat was scared to shoot, carroll was trash and ross was never a stone cold killer like CJ appears to me. I asked for guys with winning makeup, that embrace the bright lights, and I'm hoping we have them
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think this team is still perfectly capable of laying an egg in the playoffs. But I feel like it'd be for a different reason. Rather than guys looking scared it'd be more that they just didn't play or shoot well. Like CJ going 1-10 from 3 or something instead of 0-1 like 2Pat and passing up wide open looks.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    I think this team is still perfectly capable of laying an egg in the playoffs. But I feel like it'd be for a different reason. Rather than guys looking scared it'd be more that they just didn't play or shoot well. Like CJ going 1-10 from 3 or something instead of 0-1 like 2Pat and passing up wide open looks.
                    This. We don't have the elite talent the Warriors have had. The Rockets crapped out of the playoffs in multiple seasons even with their rim or 3 style.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      I think this team is still perfectly capable of laying an egg in the playoffs. But I feel like it'd be for a different reason. Rather than guys looking scared it'd be more that they just didn't play or shoot well. Like CJ going 1-10 from 3 or something instead of 0-1 like 2Pat and passing up wide open looks.
                      Passing up wide open looks is worse than missing. Shooters shoot, with game to game variance. Guys being scared and wanting no part of the ball end up with turnovers, shot clock violations, or last second desperate attempts.

It's in my belief a large reason why lowry derozan often struggle. Every other team knows our other guys weren't taking it OR making it, so they were smothered. Im fine with taking more 3s and riding our rough cj miles games. We're below average at it now, taking a ton of them, and we're 11-5. Cest la vie

Comment

This. We don't have the elite talent the Warriors have had. The Rockets crapped out of the playoffs in multiple seasons even with their rim or 3 style.
                        And how did the warriors do? The rockets lose because harden chokes and there's no other stars. That will always be the be all end all, your beat players have to be your best players. But this new style I believe is intended to help both the role players and our best players.

Comment

• lol. I tossed a live grenade in here with that NY Times article.

Tbh, the only legitimate complaint anybody should have against Casey is that he was too stubborn and slow to admit that some of his core philosophies were out-dated, and that it took this long to implement a system that instilled proper playing habits into the team.

The article is kind of giving the Raptors a back-handed compliment by commending our willingness to change, but also simultaneously referring to the Raptors as being the dinosaurs of the NBA, repeatedly pushing a style that was easy to defend (in Masai's words).... when it matters.
                          Last edited by golden; Wed Nov 22, 2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Never been a Casey fan, but fuck. What's wrong with you people?. The team is doing great, with the most sustainable style of play we've seen since ????.

OK, I'll join in with the negativity. What happens if we do too well in the playoffs, make the NBA finals with game 7 being decided on the final shot, causing Masai to give Casey an extension. Boy, that would really suck.
                            3rd quarter at NY now second half at IND old habits and issues resurface.

Comment

• *Cough*

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                *Cough*

Comment

Working...
                                X