Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't think he's a great passer. I just don't think he's a bad one (for a 7-footer).
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Might want to recheck your numbers.

      DeMar's AST%, is way down from last year, but the 2nd highest in his career this season.

      Both Vasquez and Lou had lower numbers their rookie seasons.

      Lou's numbers aren't just down though - they're about half of what he's been putting up for years. Yes, he has been doing serious ball hogging this year.
      LOL. I don't think that having your play-making skills regress to a hair above your rookie season is anything to brag about. And Lou's near career low (12%) is DD's career 2nd best? Let's be honest - the AST% numbers are just plain bad across the board. Again, combine that with over usage, and it's ball-hogging all around.

      Comment


      • golden wrote: View Post
        LOL. I don't think that having your play-making skills regress to a hair above your rookie season is anything to brag about. And Lou's near career low (12%) is DD's career 2nd best? Let's be honest - the AST% numbers are just plain bad across the board. Again, combine that with over usage, and it's ball-hogging all around.
        You hate the ball hogging so you out and out lied to make your point. You planning to go into politics or lawyering?

        Who actually enjoys watching the way the team as a whole is playing on offence?
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post
          LOL. I don't think that having your play-making skills regress to a hair above your rookie season is anything to brag about. And Lou's near career low (12%) is DD's career 2nd best? Let's be honest - the AST% numbers are just plain bad across the board. Again, combine that with over usage, and it's ball-hogging all around.
          i think you need to go deeper into each players assist to usage rates for their careers to get a better perspective. not saying it will show different but our team as a whole has very low assist numbers. they all might actually be passing less but again sometimes a pass isn't an assist

          Comment


          • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            The stupid thing about this JJ benching is that we will absolutely, 100% need him for heavy minutes in the playoffs. I can already see Casey dusting him off in game 2 of a series to guard, like, Lebron, after he hasn't played for three months.

            It should be GV or Lou who has their minutes cut, but our offence/success is so dependent on at least one of them getting hot each game, Casey's to afraid to go away from them.
            Perimeter defense is weak when he puts out Lowry/GV/DD or Lowry/Lou/DD like he's been tinkering with lately. I'm all for shaking things up by moving Ross to the bench, but JJ should be getting some of those minutes.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              You hate the ball hogging so you out and out lied to make your point. You planning to go into politics or lawyering?

              Who actually enjoys watching the way the team as a whole is playing on offence?
              Mea culpa. I have brought shame upon myself and my family for generations to come. Let the flogging begin. lol.

              Actually, I would enjoy watching this style of play if it was wasn't so predictable. It's like you know what's going to happen on a lot of possessions. Demar step-in to draw the foul with kobe-spin fadeaway long 2 as the counter. Lou pull-up 3 or fadeaway left, except at the end of quarters when it's a step-back long 3. GV out of control drive or pass, or YOLO pull-up 3. Lowry head-down barreling into 3 defenders, or fadeaway. JV pump-fake or dribble & get stripped from the left side with no option or willingness to pass the ball out.

              Comment


              • draps wrote: View Post
                i think we all know we arent bandwagon fans so it doesnt apply lol
                ive seen every game the guy has coached and it is more than fair to say he hasnt improved nearly enough to stick around
                theres a reason we never see a game winning shot from this team unless its a lucky fade away from demar against orlando, or the odd game tying tip in from amir
                hes incapable of maximizing the talent on his team, he cant be a head coach
                That point re failing to maximize out talent is true. Just look at JV and JJ situations. The one are DC has improved is by being quicker to call time outs when momentum shifts.

                Comment


                • Signs of progress for Raptors but not there yet; If Valanciunas can’t play in the fourth against Detroit who can he play against? Keep moving the ball

                  http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/bask...ving-the-ball/



                  - Everyone wants to know why Valanciunas took a seat for the fourth after a dominant third quarter where he played the entire frame, missing only one shot on the way to eight points, five rebounds and two of his blocks. Dwane Casey prefers to play Amir Johnson and Patrick Patterson down the stretch of games largely because they are far quicker and more technically sound. He also likes having Patterson’s shooting, since the team basically abandons the inside game in fourth quarters. I get that against many opponents, but Valanciunas consistently dominates the Pistons and wasn’t just doing it with his offence in this one. Detroit players scored on just 7-of-17 attempts at the rim on Valanciunas (41%) which is an excellent mark. They went 4-for-10 against Johnson, 3-for-6 against Patterson and 3-for-3 against Tyler Hansbrough, who had been doing a nice job protecting the rim before this one). Valanciunas had been Toronto’s most efficient scorer and one of its best defenders. Since Greg Monroe was on the floor, the excuse of no big being out there which has been a fine justification for Valanciunas sitting in the past does not apply. Johnson easily could have checked Anthony Tolliver. Not playing Valanciunas down the stretch simply didn’t make sense in this case, especially not if Ross is playing the whole quarter, which negates the need for Patterson’s shooting.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                  Comment


                  • He's a racist I tell ya
                    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

                    Comment


                    • Hate Casey, but JV was nursing a calf problem. Not saying he would be benched anyway but there were legit issues.

                      Comment


                      • Look let me ask y'all a serious question. Do you guys really believe we don't have the personal to run through different plays in our offense?
                        Or how bout this Question. If Atlanta hawks coach or Greg popavic became te raptors coach TODAY, would he say " sorry guys , were forced to play ISO because these guys can't make the passes required to play my system / playbook".

                        Also do you think we'd be playing the same defence as Casey has us playing with those coaches, if not.. Would we be a better defensive team or worst?
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

                        Comment


                        • The idea that the players aren't good passers, or good enough passers for a motion offence is definitely a crock of shit. We aren't talking about no look passes, behind the back or thread the needle type stuff here, we are just talking about swinging the damn ball to the open man. There isn't a single player in the NBA incapable of making that pass. It's basic stuff. JV can pass well enough, and would certainly improve if he faced more double teams IMO (and for that would require more touches). But like others have pointed out, there is little off the ball movement when JV posts, and we just don't cut to the basket in those situations. I'm not in favor of a ISO happy offence, but the team does little to create passing opportunities in these situations. Way too many clear outs and guys just watching the ball handler. And a post up is by far the best ISO situation IMO, and we have numerous players that can execute that. But few guys cut, so who you gonna pass to? This is why I miss Fields and JJ, both of whom are great off the ball cutters.

                          Comment


                          • #FireCasey

                            SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                            Look let me ask y'all a serious question. Do you guys really believe we don't have the personal to run through different plays in our offense?
                            Or how bout this Question. If Atlanta hawks coach or Greg popavic became te raptors coach TODAY, would he say " sorry guys , were forced to play ISO because these guys can't make the passes required to play my system / playbook".

                            Also do you think we'd be playing the same defence as Casey has us playing with those coaches, if not.. Would we be a better defensive team or worst?
                            19 hours no response.........

                            Wait hold on a minute... You guys are showing love to Casey , coz we beat a few teams we should have beaten!?!??

                            AWWW HELL NAWWWW!!!!

                            BUMP!
                            Last edited by SamMitchells; Wed Jan 28, 2015, 08:57 AM.
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

                            Comment


                            • SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                              Look let me ask y'all a serious question. Do you guys really believe we don't have the personal to run through different plays in our offense?
                              Or how bout this Question. If Atlanta hawks coach or Greg popavic became te raptors coach TODAY, would he say " sorry guys , were forced to play ISO because these guys can't make the passes required to play my system / playbook".

                              Also do you think we'd be playing the same defence as Casey has us playing with those coaches, if not.. Would we be a better defensive team or worst?
                              It's fine if you don't like the system Casey employs, but why would Casey change HIS system. It's not like it's been unsuccessful. Can you imagine Pop or Thibs changing their system because because they acquired Lou or DD or some other iso player? The Spurs have been successful forever because all the players they've brought in are made to follow the team system.

                              That is what Casey is trying to establish here with the Raptors. A championship system which was used to beat the Miami Heat. The system has merit, but players have to adapt to it. Give the key players more time to adapt to it.

                              #don'tfreeJVuntilhesignsonthecheap

                              Comment


                              • Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                It's fine if you don't like the system Casey employs, but why would Casey change HIS system. It's not like it's been unsuccessful. Can you imagine Pop or Thibs changing their system because because they acquired Lou or DD or some other iso player? The Spurs have been successful forever because all the players they've brought in are made to follow the team system.

                                That is what Casey is trying to establish here with the Raptors. A championship system which was used to beat the Miami Heat. The system has merit, but players have to adapt to it. Give the key players more time to adapt to it.

                                #don'tfreeJVuntilhesignsonthecheap
                                48 wins and a first round upset isn't a dynasty. Nobody looks at the Raptors and tries to emulate that offensively or defensively. If anything the Raptors styles are warning flags of things teams try to avoid.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X