Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I got my windows mixed up.

I had 3 windows open - this season, last season, last year playoffs - in addition to numerous brokerage accounts, hoopshype, financial sites, and stock charts - lol.

I still think my points remain. Those whole season stats include pre gay trade. Not sure if you can sort the B-R stats via time in a season but on NBA site pre-Gay Raps OffRtg was 101 and post gay was 107. B-R and NBA using different forumulas but I'm sure it would bump regular season above playoffs.

Regardless, given what has happened to Raps offense versus good defensive teams I am not hopeful with certain matchups.

But I totally gaffed on the stats - too many windows open - sorry.
    No worries man, if the difference in OffRtg pre and post Gay translates somewhat similarly to ORTG (so 6 points), then the Raps probably had a bout a 110 ORTG in the regular season after the Gay trade.

A more significant factor than that though is probably that Brooklyn was a slightly below average defensive team last year (but that may also have gotten better after Lopez went down after 17 games and improved as a new team and coach gelled).

But then there's also the Raptors' inexperience in the playoffs as a group which may have been a factor in dragging down their offense.

All in all though, I'd say it was a pretty similar performance offensively from regular season to the playoffs (not in process (god those double teams on DD...) but in results)

I'm not at all trying to say that I'm 100% confident that the style won't bog down in the playoffs, just that it's not necessarily a given.
    Last edited by stooley; Fri Jan 30, 2015, 09:26 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      James Johnson is out with hamstring injury (injured in warmups).
      OK Casey, you got lucky this time I'm watching you though...and I don't really have any complaints about this nets game it's going ok, dd is doing alright on joe, and we didn't play our starting point guard for the entire first half so there's definitely worse coaches around.

Comment

• cinqueda wrote: View Post
        OK Casey, you got lucky this time I'm watching you though...and I don't really have any complaints about this nets game it's going ok, dd is doing alright on joe, and we didn't play our starting point guard for the entire first half so there's definitely worse coaches around.
        Welcome to Dwayne Casey - "Not the worst coach"

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Welcome to Dwayne Casey - "Not the worst coach"
          After Vaugn is replaced the list gets shorter

Comment

• Has anyone even bothered to speak to Masai and explain to him exactly how bad a coach we have.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Has anyone even bothered to speak to Masai and explain to him exactly how bad a coach we have.
              And how does that happen? Because I volunteer

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                And how does that happen? Because I volunteer
                I would suggest a PowerPoint presentation. They always work.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I would suggest a PowerPoint presentation. They always work.
                  i think a slide projector or ideally flip boards would be better.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    i think a slide projector or ideally flip boards would be better.
                    Puppet show and strippers

Comment

Has anyone even bothered to speak to Masai and explain to him exactly how bad a coach we have.
                      I'd rather any of the multitude to of sports reporters who get to ask Casey questions ask him about some of the dumb shit he does. Someone should ask him about benching JV after every single game.

"Dwayne, JV didn't miss a single shot tonight, yet you decided to bench him, what was the thought process there?"

"We looked too big, too much scoring inside the paint, gotta get to the perimeter, get small, and go iso, so JV had to go to the bench"

Comment

I'd rather any of the multitude to of sports reporters who get to ask Casey questions ask him about some of the dumb shit he does. Someone should ask him about benching JV after every single game.

"Dwayne, JV didn't miss a single shot tonight, yet you decided to bench him, what was the thought process there?"

"We looked too big, too much scoring inside the paint, gotta get to the perimeter, get small, and go iso, so JV had to go to the bench"
                        The answer would be, "well at that point we were more concerned about stopping the ball, not putting it in the basket and I just feel more comfortable defensively with Amir and Patterson."

I would have had him in there though, but not to score, but to rebound. The only thing Casey did wrong last night was play Lowry 44 minutes.

Comment

"Well Primer, in the 4:30 minutes he did play in the fourth quarter, he also had zero rebounds. I mean, when you're the biggest guy on the floor and Vasquez has more rebounds than you in the fourth in less minutes than maybe you've run out of gas. It's really a shame, because I agree, he was having a stellar game up to that point.

Also I hate JV because I'm racist/smallball/ISO."

—Casey

Comment

• what you see is all there is
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                              "Well Primer, in the 4:30 minutes he did play in the fourth quarter, he also had zero rebounds. I mean, when you're the biggest guy on the floor and Vasquez has more rebounds than you in the fourth in less minutes than maybe you've run out of gas. It's really a shame, because I agree, he was having a stellar game up to that point.

Also I hate JV because I'm racist/smallball/ISO."

—Casey
                              In Casey's defence JV looked hurt and was questionable for the game. Raptors should beat BKN without JV. Could have given TH more touches, Lopez is really terrible on D.

Comment

• The question I have is on the aggregate leaving aside the questionable JJ/Jonas decisions, have the results overall with Casey in the last two seasons really been disappointing in any respect?

Like, if you substituted your favourite coach hiring (when you fire Casey) before the season, is this team really better than the #2 seed with Demar missing 22 games?

Comment

Working...
                                X