#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Btw, Warriors played the Thunder after the Raps game. Warriors beat them by 26 points. Fire Brooks?

And the Hawks, they're just hot right now, look at the team that tehy beat the last month or so. Blazers, Clippers, Bulls, Rockets, Mavs, Wiz, Grizzlies. Should all those teams fire their coach too?? lol.

Relax.
    Exactly. But we're just making excuses for Casey....lol

I just don't understand how these guys move from tanking to winning team to tanking talks so quickly..... Any adversity and the overreacting comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If casey would just move over to defensive assisstant and nick nurse or tom sterner took over... maybe there would be a change. Casey could focus on defense, maybe realize that he needs to have 2 different defensive schemes; the one that he is using now, and the one he used last year, because they both work depending on the teams we face.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

I just don't understand how these guys move from tanking to winning team to tanking talks so quickly..... Any adversity and the overreacting comes out

'Cept for the fact the forum's been complaining about Casey's coaching ever since I can remember. Yeah, we're overreacting.

Comment

WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
          If casey would just move over to defensive assisstant and nick nurse or tom sterner took over... maybe there would be a change. Casey could focus on defense, maybe realize that he needs to have 2 different defensive schemes; the one that he is using now, and the one he used last year, because they both work depending on the teams we face.
          You get demoted and your assistant gets your old job. That should be good for lockerroom. He is using the same defensive system this year that he used last year.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Just put it this way... If we have budenholzer.... Would we be playing this shit?

Comment

the team is deep, there shouldnt be nights where they just dont have it
              guys have gone into slumps because they dont see the ball in good positions to score

you cant expect anybody to just get it going again when the shots they have to take are always contested

and when 2/5 guys in the starting lineups night is decided within the first few minutes of the game(ross,jv) youre never going to have any consistency
              forcing them the ball early to see if they can get theirs, to then freeze them out if they dont make those shots is a terrible way to play the game, and a terrible way to develop young players

half the game this team actually plays looking to avoid double teams with lou isos and derozan in the high post, instead of getting the ball in position where the other team is forced to double, creating open shots for others
              teams have them figured out now and trap them on their own, instead of being forced to

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                You get demoted and your assistant gets your old job. That should be good for lockerroom. He is using the same defensive system this year that he used last year.
                I don't think Casey is a good defensive coach even as an assistant.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

Who the fuck is talking about tanking?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    I don't think Casey is a good defensive coach even as an assistant.
                    Dallas won the championship back in 11. Casey was their defensive coach that year.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Who the fuck is talking about tanking?
                      His imaginary friend
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The players are slumping....you don't fire a head coach because players are missing shots. Very short sighted! 26-13 says Casey is not incompetent (unless you believe we have championship talent on this roster).

Most people would agree that were probably a starting SF and PF away at the moment. Why not wait until we get these pieces....then see what Casey can do with it? If it doesn't work out....then sure, let him walk or even fire him.

Comment

Btw, Warriors played the Thunder after the Raps game. Warriors beat them by 26 points. Fire Brooks?

And the Hawks, they're just hot right now, look at the team that tehy beat the last month or so. Blazers, Clippers, Bulls, Rockets, Mavs, Wiz, Grizzlies. Should all those teams fire their coach too?? lol.

Relax.
                          Oh boy you don't know what you're talking about.

OKC fans have been on the fire Brooks train for the last three seasons, and if you watch OKC games you would understand. Their offense is BAD, and that is with Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka...That is the definition of a team that is succeeding despite it's coach because of their talent.

For example just so I'm not some rambler on a RR forum:

"Thunder can't tie future to Scott Brooks"
                          link: http://basketball.realgm.com/article...o-Scott-Brooks
                          Qoute: "Brooks has pounded square pegs into round holes for years, refusing to make the adjustments necessary to win a playoff series" <-- sound familiar?

"Scott Brooks has taken the Thunder as far as he can"
                          link: http://www.sbnation.com/2014/5/23/57...h-doug-collins
                          Quote: "The inability to make the right adjustments, the simplicity of the offense, the unwillingness to be flexible with the roster and an over-dependence on veterans have OKC on the precipice of getting booted from the playoffs in an ugly fashion. The talent has developed, and now, the team needs no more motivation." <--- Sound familiar?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            In the future, if you are going to play the race card, you should be really sure you know what you're talking about.

Casey doesn't have patience for young players, not white ones. He had a quick hook for Ed Davis. He gives minutes to weirdos like Vasquez and Hansbrough, and Val has played more minutes than Amir anyway.

In terms of calling plays, that just speaks to Casey's rigid mindset... players have very defined roles for Casey, and they don't deviate from that. Val is mostly a garbageman, Ross is a spot-up shooter, Lou is the iso-master at the end of quarters. Has nothing to do with black or white.

But most importantly... Dwane is married to a white woman, Brenda.
                            This is one of my biggest gripes with Casey. Viewing JV as a garbage man.

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Casey should not be fired in-season. If the playoffs go badly, sure, you can cut him loose then.
                            We're getting kicked out the first round.

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Ross is driving that.

Relax.
                            And OKC beat Warriors last night. Look, I'm not saying fire Casey, but this team has some major problems that Casey needs to sort out.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Blah Blah Blah

Same excuses different day
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Dallas won the championship back in 11. Casey was their defensive coach that year.
                                Yeah... and he had experienced players whose total Basketball IQ far outweighs that of the Raptors... executing his system.

It's like Randy Carlyle, he takes this HOFer studded, with future superstars and ridiculous two-way players to boot, team to the Finals, without even TRYING to play a proper system, and ends up winning the entire thing. Trust me, I follow hockey like a dog to a scent, supported the Hockey Analytics movement, and holy crap Carlyle's system was probably the worst system in hockey when he coached the Leafs or the Anaheim Ducks according to analytics, and it's not even close.
                                Last edited by Mindlessness; Sat Jan 17, 2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X